Halo 2 Remastered for 12th Halo Anniversary

Arbiter

Halo 2 Remake!  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake the original Halo online multiplayer?

• Yes, definitely!
    • It would be nice, but won't kill me if they don't.
    • Do not care either way.
    • No I do not see that it is necessary.
    • Just bring the original back online.

in my experience that always happens with games people hate the current one and the one before it was the greatest, then when the new one come out that one sucks and the one they use to hate was great

More accurate words have never been spoken.

People aren't fond of change. and the basic cause for hate is being terrible at something.

And negated an grenade kill.

Armor lock stops Nade spamming noobs in their tracks.

Nade spamming noobs... (MAJORITY OF REACH'S POPULATION) Complain about it.

ARMORLOCKERS aka people that know how to use it - Are pretty content and smug with selves.

Armor-locking noobs - Trolls.

No. they shouldn't remaster it.

Too much money and work effort.

It'd be very little profit.

Good thing you don't know what you are talking about. Back up your statement about 'very little profit'.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys I have been a strict halo player since it first came out with CE the original, now I will tell you this many people do not even know halo 2 exists to me it was an important one because it clearly shows the birth of the Arbiter, the missions are quite different with the boss fights at the end of almost every level. so it deserves to be on the remastered list; now halo 3 it has good graphics as it is so leave that subject aside; please 343 make this happen. :clap:

I think everyone is missing the point here. Even if they said they were gonna redo halo 2, the game would not be the same, and you would not have your beloved multiplayer back. The remake would have to use the Halo 4 multiplayer model, and therefor destroying any multiplayer memories or expereinces you could hope to have back.

Second real quick, Halo 2 does not have any issues running on Vista. That alone was started by idiotic pc users who could not grasp the concept of UAC. Halo 3 runs perfectly fine on Vista and win7....just not on junk machines rocking single core processors with 1 gig of ram. Yeah, you have to upgrade out of Bedrock at some point kids....

I think the idea would be great. I think it would make sence to remake the second greatest game in the halo series just how they did the first one.(my opinion) Halo 3 i dont think would have to be remade simply just because it was made for the xbox 360 to begin with, unlike the first two that were for the first xbox system. I think if they did so, I deff would buy the game. I miss the first two games in many reasons, had more blood, sadly they slimmed down alot on that and i wish they would of kept it just like they had it in halo CE and halo 2. Halo 2 had a darker look, what i mean by that is like certain missions u had that gloomy look to it more like a realistic feeling then, all colorful and bright. Like i said i think it would be awesome if they did so, but this is only my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

mabe only remastered campaign, that would be good by itself

I do agree, Halo Reach Engine would kill Halo 2's chance of coming back into its pure form, If Halo 2 does come back its gonna need to be 3 things.

#1. Rank Number system like it was back in 2004.

#2. The Online has to be completely original and have nothing to do with Halo Reach.

and most importantly

#3. It has to have no forge mode, and its also has to be completely HD, with all original Weapons, along with Lighting, Sound, Textures, and most importantly This has to come to PC also, with a powerful anticheating engine build from the ground up. If they follow this suggestion I can totally put a pre order down when if they release the game. It has be completely no modding at all

I do agree, Halo Reach Engine would kill Halo 2's chance of coming back into its pure form, If Halo 2 does come back its gonna need to be 3 things.

#1. Rank Number system like it was back in 2004.

#2. The Online has to be completely original and have nothing to do with Halo Reach.

and most importantly

#3. It has to have no forge mode, and its also has to be completely HD, with all original Weapons, along with Lighting, Sound, Textures, and most importantly This has to come to PC also, with a powerful anticheating engine build from the ground up. If they follow this suggestion I can totally put a pre order down when if they release the game. It has be completely no modding at all

1.&2. Sorry dude, like anniversary, it will have the current Halo's multiplayer engine.

3. I'm not sure if CEA had it, if it didn't, RS likely it won't.

Normall when they remaster games, they ignore multiplayer, I agree.

If a game can't stand on single player alone, then it is not a good game.

Only thing that is omitted by this rule, is multiplayer games, like Battlefield. COD is an example of a bad game, single player seriously sucks, the reason I'm saying this is because the series started on single player.

Enough of my ranting though....

Anti-cheat being built in is not feesable. There are far too many environmental variables in processes and sub processes to completely 100% filter out cheaters from basic players running another program at the same time. Games use memory, and said memory isn't always locked for exclusive block access and thus creates an issue for anti-cheat. memory addresses change based on when you are playing, what map you play, and what resources need to be loaded into memory. Trust me when I say, you would not want locked memory addresses for games that require the engine to decompress data to a raw form and store them in memory. A single map alone would float roughly 1.5 gigs of memory alone, not including the resource or mainmenu map files. Most commonly you would end up using a dedicated locked 4gig worth block....which in most cases would leave roughly either nothing or maybe 2 gig of memory left for the OS and secondary processes to run on.

Most common systems found in homes even today, would not be able to handle it. Aside from that, wanting HD is a big one. They would have to redo the graphics post process part of the engine as well as recompile the textures all over again and with tweaks to give them more oooomph. And even if they did up the resolution and quality of the textures, which by my count last time i completely decompiled Halo 2, left a nice folder of 3.16 gigs worth of basic 512x512 bitmaps, you would also have to upgrade the render models. And this is where it gets tricky.

Not only would you have to redo the graphics post process to handle hi-re textures, but you now have to redo the render drawing of the directX inputs of the engine. Then recompile the new models and hope and pray to god that the newer updated version of DirectX you wrote in, can handle to amount of added geometry you need to really make it HD in a true form.

Bottom line, non of this will happen or is at least, very likely to happen. Your best bet is to just play Halo 2 PC and enjoy all the modified goodness me and the H2MT (the only halo 2 guys currently modding anything) pump out for you to consume.

Anti-cheat being built in is not feesable. There are far too many environmental variables in processes and sub processes to completely 100% filter out cheaters from basic players running another program at the same time. Games use memory, and said memory isn't always locked for exclusive block access and thus creates an issue for anti-cheat. memory addresses change based on when you are playing, what map you play, and what resources need to be loaded into memory. Trust me when I say, you would not want locked memory addresses for games that require the engine to decompress data to a raw form and store them in memory. A single map alone would float roughly 1.5 gigs of memory alone, not including the resource or mainmenu map files. Most commonly you would end up using a dedicated locked 4gig worth block....which in most cases would leave roughly either nothing or maybe 2 gig of memory left for the OS and secondary processes to run on.

Most common systems found in homes even today, would not be able to handle it. Aside from that, wanting HD is a big one. They would have to redo the graphics post process part of the engine as well as recompile the textures all over again and with tweaks to give them more oooomph. And even if they did up the resolution and quality of the textures, which by my count last time i completely decompiled Halo 2, left a nice folder of 3.16 gigs worth of basic 512x512 bitmaps, you would also have to upgrade the render models. And this is where it gets tricky.

Not only would you have to redo the graphics post process to handle hi-re textures, but you now have to redo the render drawing of the directX inputs of the engine. Then recompile the new models and hope and pray to god that the newer updated version of DirectX you wrote in, can handle to amount of added geometry you need to really make it HD in a true form.

Bottom line, non of this will happen or is at least, very likely to happen. Your best bet is to just play Halo 2 PC and enjoy all the modified goodness me and the H2MT (the only halo 2 guys currently modding anything) pump out for you to consume.

According to what you just said, Halo CEA Should never have been able to happen.

Could you explain what that was all about though? That's the gist of it, but I'm certain it means something else..

:/