should they have have gold guns i n halo 4 pre order?

Hunterex12

No, Halo should not have golden guns. I would prefer each weapon to have a very distinct look/colour palette. Providing different skins for different weapons, especially gold ones, just seems like a silly, useless idea. Sure it may offer some customisation, but that customisation is extremely shallow in my eyes. I would rather they spend the time and effort in a more important area, rather than use the budget to give us a few different weapon skins. They could use that money for armour customisation if anything.

• Like 1

Golden Gun's would be odd on a Halo game imo, but i would not mind having the choice to color the guns. Overall, halo reach has poor options when customizing the colors. Leg's should not be colored different from the chest or arms, but that is one of bungies many flaws.

That's not really a flaw of Bungie, just a decision that you don't happen to agree with. I personally think that having the feet be the secondary colour is pretty nice. If they didn't have that, then the secondary colour wouldn't see much use besides being the colour for the shoulders. Also, how does Reach have poor options when customising the colours? As far as I know, it has the same amount (or at least a very close amount) of colours, and very similar options.

Gold guns = CoD.

Helmets / Armor effects = Halo.

We don't want to play CoD, ty.

Agreed I guess 343i will release some special armours (and effects) for pre-orders, limited, and maybe legendary editions.

And gold guns woudnt make any sense because you have different starting weapons and they will be swapped for power weapons very often.

Only thing I'd really like to see as far as variable gun skins go is perhaps little lights or markers which change colour depending on which team the user belongs to, a la Gears of War. Just to make it a little easier to identify which team players belong to on poorly lit maps or whatever. Otherwise, there's not really any point, it's fancy and all but what does it really add to gameplay?

• Like 2

I would like gun camo or other customization, but not gold camo. It would only affect the weapons you spawn with but it would be a cool way to show off your swag.

For everyone saying that its CoD like, so? We should be learning from CoD and steal what they are doing correctly and make it halo. Theyre doing that to us right now by taking KOTH and infection and making their own gametypes.

For everyone saying that its CoD like, so? We should be learning from CoD and steal what they are doing correctly and make it halo. Theyre doing that to us right now by taking KOTH and infection and making their own gametypes.

Agreed with this, although I don't think gun customisation is the way to do it - it'll take coding time and disc space and it doesn't really add anything, it might even make it harder to tell what gun an opponent has and knowing how the correct tactics to counter certain weapons has always been important in Halo. Armour customisation works well because it makes individual players more recognisable, and doesn't give them an inherent 'confusion' advantage.

This is a negative in my book. Let them copy Halo, let them be the ones who have to take from another game. Where almost all FPS' have some things in common because of the type of games they are, Halo was unique. Bungie certainly didn't create King of the Hill, I played it as a kid at the play ground, but I don't remember seeing it, Capture the Flag, Territories or Infection in any game before Halo. Invasion had become very popular as well, I would have been more drawn to it myself had it been a smaller 4 vs 4 with some different types of objectives. More covert I guess I should say. Halo needs to stay original unto itself and be the game that others feel they need to copy to be good, not the other way around.

Gold guns for pre-order is not something that would interest me at all. I would settle for a special edition of the grenade pistol or the current rifle that has the Chief's "S-117" on the butt stock or some notable place on the weapon. Personally, I feel the pre-order should hold the newest form of helmet treatment, ie. flames, special color visor, the "S-117", etc. and or a special cut scene, skull or campaign mission.

This is a negative in my book. Let them copy Halo, let them be the ones who have to take from another game. Where almost all FPS' have some things in common because of the type of games they are, Halo was unique. Bungie certainly didn't create King of the Hill, I played it as a kid at the play ground, but I don't remember seeing it, Capture the Flag, Territories or Infection in any game before Halo. Invasion had become very popular as well, I would have been more drawn to it myself had it been a smaller 4 vs 4 with some different types of objectives. More covert I guess I should say. Halo needs to stay original unto itself and be the game that others feel they need to copy to be good, not the other way around.

Gold guns for pre-order is not something that would interest me at all. I would settle for a special edition of the grenade pistol or the current rifle that has the Chief's "S-117" on the butt stock or some notable place on the weapon. Personally, I feel the pre-order should hold the newest form of helmet treatment, ie. flames, special color visor, the "S-117", etc. and or a special cut scene, skull or campaign mission.

I agree. Halo pretty much started the FPS industry. If it weren't for halo, then perhaps other FPS like cod wouldn't exist.

Sorry I havent behind on replying, I just started a new job and its hard T.T

Dog I really feel thats the wrong position to take. Halo isnt the best FPS anymore, Reach was a far fall from glory and other games have taken up the mantle (for now). Those games looked at what Halo did correctly and implemented it with their own style or flair, making themselves hugely successful. Now we need to do the same thing because we are in the same position. We must take what has proven to be fun or we'll fall behind as game dinosaurs, we have to stay current.

The ultimate example for me is Search and Destroy from CoD. Its a very unique game type that is incredibly intense and very fun. If halo could take that, and make our version, then we would intrigue other gamers and show that we're learning.

Btw, Halo has already done this with invasion. IMO, invasion is based off BF's rush mode, and can be very fun on good maps. Thats what we need to do with other fun things. Steal the best of other games and then make them better.

• Like 1