assassinations in halo 4?

Simmons

I hope 343 S**** on you guys who do nothing but complain about reach and take it to another level. you say, "I want the classic Halo back" or "no more cool additions to the games". Why cant you understand that Halo will die if we all go back to playing a Halo 2/3 type game!? reach was a DRASTIC improvement; it added cool new elements that revolutionized the game play all kinds of other cool stuff. The second comment in this thread said that reach made everything look bulky and grungy. WTF WTF WTF is wrong with you. Reach had realistic graphics, it basically took Xbox 360 graphics to the peak of what they can be!

Assassinations were my favorite addition to the game, they add a whole new layer of tactics to multi player and even to campaign on harder difficulty. Why dont all you A**H**** go play Halo three and stop complaining about reach and how Halo 4 should be Halo 3 with a different campaign. You're P***ing me off so bad im about to leave this whole damn forum!

Ok where to start, where to start... Number one. -Do you think there might be a reason that everyone wants the classic Halo back? Because ITS BETTER. If you would've been a big enough player of Halo 1-3 you would've known that at times, there were several hundred-thousand people online at once. Constantly. Ever since Reach came out the highest I've seen was about 120,000, and that was incredibly high. That's because the gameplay was altered and messed with so much that not one fourth of as much people like it. The amount of people playing Call of Duty is still rising, and shows no sign of stopping. Used to, if you had an Xbox, YOU PLAYED HALO. Then with the release of big games like Call of Duty, etc, Halo had some competition. Bungie thought it would be A GREAT idea if they took stuff from Call of Duty and incorporated their ideas into Halo. "Hey. Call of Duty has a lot of people playing their games, and they have classes. Lets rename them and put them in our game.", "Hey, Call of Duty has lots of players. Lets take their ranking system and take our old one out. This will make the players that are bad, not seem so bad. No one complained about the old ranking system because it was so efficient, but Call of Duty's is good too, right??", "Hey, lets take out Bungie Favorites", "Hey lets lower jump height, that sounds fun", "Hey lets make you walk slower, that sounds fun. Anyways, we have cool new armor abilities like Sprint!". These were all bad decisions that changed Halo completely. It isn't the same game. It's an ok game. Not a good Halo game. LESS PEOPLE PLAY BECAUSE IT'S THIS WAY. IT ISN'T HALO.

Number two. Assassinations were a horrible addition. You never have enough time to assassinate someone in the middle of a game without anyone else trying to kill you. Any time you try to you either get killed, or shields so far down that you die afterwards because of it. Spartans wouldn't carry knives. They're 2-ton super-soldiers. Anything they cant punch through would probable just ruin a knife. Unrealistic, impractical, not a spartan.

Number three. I was the ' A**H**** ' that said it looks grungy and bulky because it is. You need to keep your profanity and flaming out of these forums. A lot of the people on this forum are apart of this site because they've been playing Halo for at least a decent amount of time, and would like to talk to others about.old school Halo-gamers. Not saying that you don't, (I don't know if you do) but most of us remember how awesome Halo used to be and how the community was. We want that back. Spartans aren't obese infantry, they're skilled super soldiers that are sleek and mobile. They don't need armor thats 4 inches thick. If they actually did wear 4 inch thick armor, #1 they wouldn't be able to move around very well at all, and #2 pretty much NOTHING would kill them making Reach even more unrealistic. I realize it's Halo and it doesn't have to be completely realistic, but stuff like that has had common sense in the past.Yours truly, @RANMAN10

• Like 1

Wow Ranman10... Lotta words... Imo reach wasnt the best.. But it had its perks I suppose, one which was assassinations,, it gave a brief but cool cinematic during gameplay... If you dont like them then tap b dont hold it down.. And insane bear even though you think halo should go "classic" like halo 2 or 3, 343i isnt going to appeal to the 20% of gamers that are competitive over the 80% of casual fun gamers.. Halo 4 will be more favoured to the casual gamer, but will have aspects of it that appeal to competitive famers such as maps and playlists..

I love assassinations, as do many of my friends on XBL. If there were an option to turn off your ability to do an assassination (so that you wouldn't ever accidentally trigger one, and would instead get a beat down) then why not include it in Halo 4? There is no reason not to. And yes, Master Chief DOES have a combat knife.

Here's a selection from the book "Fall of Reach". This is in both the original and the rewrite, mind you.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

2010 Hours, July 18, 2552 (Military Calendar) /

Sigma Octanus IV, Côte d’Azur

"The clatter of alien hooves on marble echoed behind a door to their right.

The Spartans melted into the shadows. The Master Chief crouched behind a crate and unsheathed his

combat knife."

There are a few other instances in the books where Chief uses his knife, so it isn't against canon to have assassinations with a knife in Halo 4. If the option to turn them off were included, then the only reason that someone would not want them in is because that someone gets assassinated a lot. Also, assassinations have nothing to do with Halo being competitive. What an assassination is is like a football player spiking the ball and dancing after a touchdown. That's it.

• Like 1

The funny part is that i was kidding. I really couldn't care less what Halo 4 is like as long as it is as fun as the last 4 games.

I bought anniversary the day it came out because i LOVED Halo CE AND its game play.

Quote "Spartans wouldn't carry knives. They're 2-ton super-soldiers. Anything they cant punch through would probable just ruin a knife. Unrealistic, impractical, not a spartan." What soldier wouldn't carry a knife!? You do know that knives are used for things besides killing right? Should chief not carry any form of communication just because hes a badass?...

The comments were humorous.

I'm not a "competitive" player by any means. I'm more of a braggart/chill type of player. I love goofing off (until someone starts smack talking, then I go ape-yoink- on them) and one way of goofing off is killing people in humiliating ways. If I had a way to make a montage, it would probably be HOURS long of the many, many ways I've humiliated an entire team with just assassinations. Honestly, an assassination hurts someone's pride far more than a "celebratory crouch" would, ESPECIALLY if their teammates try to stop it and end up getting a betrayal, or getting killed themselves. Maybe they should put an option to up the time it takes to hold down the button so that you don't accidentally do one if you do not want to, but I think they should stay in the game. Also, who's to say that MC doesn't get a knife along the way? Just because he didn't have one BEFORE (which is odd since it's standard issue) doesn't mean he won't get one in Halo 4.

my bad for late reply just got back from holiday :)

lol do see how you can have fun doing that :) the montage will get thousands of hits taking the piss outta ppl getting annoyed being assassinations :P but yeh you have a point but still don't see why people would waste that time, even though it takes a split second. that second you can do soooo much to help ur team!

I don't really understand why this is a question. Assassinations don't have to be performed, just tap RB if you are in a hurry. Personally I enjoy getting assassinated for two reasons; I enjoy the added animations and depth it gives to the gameplay, but it also gives my teammates more time to kill my assassin. it If it's because you think it will affect your commendation completion percentage and somehow lead people to think you aren't as good as you think you are, why does that even matter? Assassinations just display how sneaky, lucky, or foolhardy you are to get behind someone without being noticed, it's one of the least important stats in the game yet throws in the most fun out of all of them. Why should it disappear? In Halo 4 just take away the knife, add 3 parts jujitsu, 2 parts ninjitsu, a dash of realism, a sprinkle of genetically altered bioengineered futuristic super soldier, throw in some judo chops and throat rips and you're good

• Like 2

Part of the fun of them is trying to get away with their long animation. I dont even care if I die, as long as I can successfully perform one its a good game for me :D

As has been said, if you dont like performing them you can just not hold down B. But Halo4 should definitely have an option in the controller menu to allow/disable assassinations. Theyre fun and add flair for casual players.

• Like 1