Halo 4 - 16 player campaign

E-Runner

This is an idea I had many years ago.

Two players would be the normal co-op guys (2 master chiefs or Elites, whatever).

The rest of the players spawn as enemies that normally spawn in campaign levels. For example, you know in Assault of the Control Room, there's one bridge part where Grunts and an Energy Sword wielding Elite rush out of the doorway. The Elite would be a human player. He would have the same health/speed/abilities as the normally AI controlled character (cannot pick up weapons, grenades).

At another part there are Ghosts, Jackals, Wraiths. Human players will spawn as them too.

Once the co-op guys kill their adversaries, the CAMPAIGN CHARACTER players respawn at a later part of the level among other AI controlled troops, and wait for the co-op dudes to reach them.

It goes on and on like this.

Should the CAMPAIGN CHARACTER selection be random or selective?

Opinions?

16 player campaign = lag, also, keep it to 4, having random characters do it doesn't make sense for the campaign, since, its meant to be around a certain number of people, having covenent shoot covenent wouldn't make sense.

I meant random characters as in:

There are 3 grunts, a minor, major, minor. A player cannot choose to be the minor or major, he is randomly one.

And yeah 16 is too much, I needed attention though. Maybe...just 4 or 5.

Thanks E-Runner, I don't know what yours means lol.

I think this is an interesting idea. What happens if the co-op players are killed? It would be interesting if they had a game in the future that had a reversible campaign, Halo 6? Maybe even like the movie Momento, once you beat the game you play missions backwards as the enemy.

not sure if this is possible from a technical point but i still would like too see it.....if they could get A playable version....it would be epic...it would have balncing issues as well. they would have to fine tune the sp for multiplayer use.....or it could be a special online gamemode balanced for MP....and lets be reasonable it doesnt have to be 16 player madness....even 4 players would be epic becuase you would never know what enemys are ai or real people.....its a good idea bro it just needs to be refined a little...i say you tweak it a little say meyb start with lowering the amount of players down from 16.....props though i always love gameplay ideas like this....i wish they would bring back firefight vs. i loved playing as elites with the purple nightvision hunting down spartans or destroying generators as an elite in the beta....i hope they do somthing like this in halo4 or halo5

props though i always love gameplay ideas like this....i wish they would bring back firefight vs. i loved playing as elites with the purple nightvision hunting down spartans or destroying generators as an elite in the beta....i hope they do somthing like this in halo4 or halo5

That is a gametype that needs to be in Halo 4

If the co-op players are killed, I guess their chance of winning ends. Other players are then co-op players. (switches around)

That's what i was thinking, sounds goooood

As for number of players, perhaps map/mission specific? A huge map with vast numbers could supply the possibility for 16