Bring back the BR and Halo 3 Ranking System or Simply go BUST!

bringbackthebr

I liked the halo 3 ranking system the only weird thing was that until rank 20 it went fast and you needed to win like 50 games to get there then suddenly torank up 1 leven you needed to win another 50 games (as example not saying this is exactly true). and with the reach ranking system i had more of a feeling of accoplishing something , even when i lose. getting points even when you lose makes the game a bit easier to play for the less good players.

I agree, no bloom. But people do play halo reach and the halo 3 ranking system sucks. Also i agree for the BR to come back because everybody loves and it'll turn lots of halo fans down and 343 would make a big mistake.

P.S they should put armor at the privite part because if you see master chief has no armor at his balls and it's pretty gross because you kind of see it, you know what i mean. Including, they should not change master chief it says it on IGN.com.

Yet another halo 3 playing, Halo Reach hater:

"Who play's reach any more"...uuhh....lets see: over 86,906 of the 108,996 people currently playing Halo (correct as of 11.49pm 11/dec/2011) do. The 86,906 figure I've quoted is the extact number of people playing un-altered playlists in halo reach. The 108,996 is every one playing Halo 3 and Reach at the date and time spicefied. Of that only 17507 are playing Halo 3.

Which proves if 343 kept every thing the same from halo Reach in Halo 4 matchmaking they would in fact not go bust, unless I'm very much mistaken thats a majority of the community, as currently playing halo prefuring un-atlered REACH matchmaking to all other halo matchmaking options.

I would hazard a guess based on the evidence that they would actualy do worse if they brought back Halo 3 matchmaking as standard gameplay.

Besides 5 shots require more skill then 4 shots, 4 shot weapons are for noobs who cant think ahead same goes for bashing(pummling) through sheilds (like in halo 3) thats a noobs best friend, they should keep the double beat down system.

I do some what agree with the ranking system comment though, because I like the ranking as a badge of been a good player not how long you've played, however its pretty un-nessary.

Awesome facts :) The only thing ill say is these numbers dont come close to how many people use to play H2 or H3, or even the amount of people who are playing COD which is alot more and alot of those people are Halo players who are no fan of Reach but await H4 to see what it has to offer..... Guess we all have to wait and see ;)

just dont ***t it up again thats all lol

Yet another halo 3 playing, Halo Reach hater:

"Who play's reach any more"...uuhh....lets see: over 86,906 of the 108,996 people currently playing Halo (correct as of 11.49pm 11/dec/2011) do. The 86,906 figure I've quoted is the extact number of people playing un-altered playlists in halo reach. The 108,996 is every one playing Halo 3 and Reach at the date and time spicefied. Of that only 17507 are playing Halo 3.

Which proves if 343 kept every thing the same from halo Reach in Halo 4 matchmaking they would in fact not go bust, unless I'm very much mistaken thats a majority of the community, as currently playing halo prefuring un-atlered REACH matchmaking to all other halo matchmaking options.

I would hazard a guess based on the evidence that they would actualy do worse if they brought back Halo 3 matchmaking as standard gameplay.

Besides 5 shots require more skill then 4 shots, 4 shot weapons are for noobs who cant think ahead same goes for bashing(pummling) through sheilds (like in halo 3) thats a noobs best friend, they should keep the double beat down system.

I do some what agree with the ranking system comment though, because I like the ranking as a badge of been a good player not how long you've played, however its pretty un-nessary.

You must be a fan of "fuzzy math". You state some 90,000 on Reach.......ummm out of the nearly 9,000,000 (that's nine million) players the bought the game only equals 0.01%. Those have roughly been the numbers for a long time.

A 'majority of the population" has left the series, it would appear, because of Reach. The Halo population, fans or however you want to refer to them made their statement about Reach by not playing it, that was their vote. Just because the "current" numbers in the forums favor Reach, simply because these are mostly the fans of Reach, bears no actual relationship to how all fans really feel in spoken words.

When a member of this, or any forum, makes statement about a love of prior games, wanting the "old feeling" back, previous ranking or weapons use or make any reference to the past games it does not mean we want to live in the past. It just means we want a game that resembles the qualities of what millions of us have fallen in love with while continuing to advance the experience.

I respect the fact that people truly enjoy Reach, even if it is only 0.01% of the people that bought it. Remember also, that of that 0.01% there are those like me who still play it on occasion with the friends they have had since Halo 2 and Halo 3 days and enjoy the fellowship of those friends even while playing a game we really don't like.

The future of the series is dependent on one of two things in my opinion. 343ind. has to either find a way to get the majority of the fan base back playing by offering a game that they can enjoy initially, and long term, with a quality campaign and a distinctive MM while appealing to new players of the game or they have have to find a new fan base that would include those who would play the game simply because it has a Halo logo on the box. Every single note worthy statement I have read indicates that they are attempting the first thought of getting back to Halo's roots. They will be exploring more of the Chief's personal feelings in campaign and the traits that make him what he is. They will be offering new MM experiences while still offering the previous feel for the game. They want a success, they want to make a game the fans can truly enjoy for a long time, they want us to be happy. I trust their efforts with blind faith based on the comments they have made. I trust the series in their hands.

You must be a fan of "fuzzy math". You state some 90,000 on Reach.......ummm out of the nearly 9,000,000 (that's nine million) players the bought the game only equals 0.01%. Those have roughly been the numbers for a long time.

A 'majority of the population" has left the series, it would appear, because of Reach. The Halo population, fans or however you want to refer to them made their statement about Reach by not playing it, that was their vote. Just because the "current" numbers in the forums favor Reach, simply because these are mostly the fans of Reach, bears no actual relationship to how all fans really feel in spoken words.

When a member of this, or any forum, makes statement about a love of prior games, wanting the "old feeling" back, previous ranking or weapons use or make any reference to the past games it does not mean we want to live in the past. It just means we want a game that resembles the qualities of what millions of us have fallen in love with while continuing to advance the experience.

I respect the fact that people truly enjoy Reach, even if it is only 0.01% of the people that bought it. Remember also, that of that 0.01% there are those like me who still play it on occasion with the friends they have had since Halo 2 and Halo 3 days and enjoy the fellowship of those friends even while playing a game we really don't like.

The future of the series is dependent on one of two things in my opinion. 343ind. has to either find a way to get the majority of the fan base back playing by offering a game that they can enjoy initially, and long term, with a quality campaign and a distinctive MM while appealing to new players of the game or they have have to find a new fan base that would include those who would play the game simply because it has a Halo logo on the box. Every single note worthy statement I have read indicates that they are attempting the first thought of getting back to Halo's roots. They will be exploring more of the Chief's personal feelings in campaign and the traits that make him what he is. They will be offering new MM experiences while still offering the previous feel for the game. They want a success, they want to make a game the fans can truly enjoy for a long time, they want us to be happy. I trust their efforts with blind faith based on the comments they have made. I trust the series in their hands.

Good post bud, finally someone here in this forum who talks straight up sense lol Exactly what i still enjoy is going back to any halo and gaming with good ol friends we've met from the start!