I just played combat evolved for the first time and...

Infinite LuLz

this is how halo should be. This is how it was meant to be.

Please, 343, make halo 4 as close to Combat evolved as possibly.

When I first played halo 3 I though it was great and much better than halo reach.

Now I think it is crap compared to Halo: combat evolved.

Almost everything where perfect, the physics, the power of the weapons, and especially the vehicles.

They took skill to use, the bashee could only be used as a game-changer if you had skills, the wraith did not have that stupid gun attached to it, the campaign becomes a pain in the ass sometimes just because of it.

The shotgun shells does not disappear after going three meters and the assault rifle actually had enough ammo to compensate for its range.

The assault rifle in halo 4 needs to neither have long range, great damage or a huge clip.

The only things that needs to be changed is the jump height(110/125%), the pistol(tweaked) two hit kill, and the grenade speed(slower) and you got the perfect game both online and campaign.

Dual wielding could also be added, because its balanced.

Please, I want this for halo 4, make us a game that will higher the standards of all fps like battlefield just did, and with anniversary you showed us that you easily can make the same graphics.

People nowadays always compare battlefield, call of duty, and other shooters without even mentioning halo.

Make the release as big as halo 3. Make youtube and other medias full of it.

What do you think?

Halo: Combat Evolved's campaign was agreeably the best but they're just tryin something new and heading in a new direction with their games. My personal favorite campaign's were the first three halo's...after that it was really the multiplayer that got all the attention put into it is what it seems like...kinda.

My thoughts:

• Halo 1 - best gamplay/best campaingn and easiest to understand

• Halo 2 - Best/biggest online community

• Halo 3 - By far best maps

• Halo: Reach - Best customization/Firefight/Forge. (Which still isn't good enough, no offense Bungie) ...that's about it.

• Halo 4 - Better be the best of everything. Period. I realize that sounds rediculous, but it's been done before. They just have to take all of the best elements of the game and put it into one game with the Reach style.

Halo 4's engine BETTER NOT BE ON THE REACH ENGINE. IF IT IS... OH MY GOSH... I would give up on Halo. That's a big statement for me too. I've been with nothing but Halo since I was literally like 6 years old.

• Like 4

yeah halo needs to go back to the way it used to be n needs to stop bein like call of duty the armor abilities arent great at all everybody who played halo liked running slow halo 3 style is the best equipment was the best thing they need to make it skillful again...please bring back the battle rifle...take out the aa's no 1 wants them...thats y theres only like 70,000 people on halo reach a day all the old fans quit n went to call of duty cause they ruined halo please 343 make the right decision and bring the great feeling back of wat halo used to be....im sure we want the 4,000,000 og fans then the 70,000 kids who dont know a thing about halo

• Like 4

Statements like those above me are simple opinions. What you are saying is not fact but your own personal feeling towards the subject. As for "old fans"...I am an old fan and I appreciate what we got out of Reach. Perhaps if all the supposed "fans" stopped whining and tried to appreciate the game for what it is, you might have a better gaming experience. Halo is an interpretation not a lifestyle or cold hard ideal. And as such there is no proven formula or component of it that dictates whether or not the game is indeed "Halo".

The more i see comments like this, the more I understand why Bungie and now 343i will not seriously ever consider anything this community says it should do. It has the most fractured fanbase and whiny pansies of any franchise currently in use.

Call of Duty is a horrible multiplayer franchise and their fanbase doesn't whine nearly a quarter as much as Halo's does now.

• Like 2

Statements like those above me are simple opinions. What you are saying is not fact but your own personal feeling towards the subject. As for "old fans"...I am an old fan and I appreciate what we got out of Reach. Perhaps if all the supposed "fans" stopped whining and tried to appreciate the game for what it is, you might have a better gaming experience. Halo is an interpretation not a lifestyle or cold hard ideal. And as such there is no proven formula or component of it that dictates whether or not the game is indeed "Halo".

The more i see comments like this, the more I understand why Bungie and now 343i will not seriously ever consider anything this community says it should do. It has the most fractured fanbase and whiny pansies of any franchise currently in use.

Call of Duty is a horrible multiplayer franchise and their fanbase doesn't whine nearly a quarter as much as Halo's does now.

I disagree with you on thisTwin in that the fans who bought the game, nearly 8 million, did try the game and left. You can call it opinion or fact, but the fact is numbers do not lie. It was not long after the game was in play, just a period of months, that the numbers took a dramatic drop. I personally have given that game all sort of chances and I see it is a failed attempt in the series. in my opinion. They tried too much change within one title jump. I sure as **** do not like be called a "whiner" for stating that and neither do other Halo fans. You can compare our stats at Bungie,net and you will see I seriously outweigh you in MM and Arena. I played the game, I did not spend the vast majority of my Reach career in Firefight or campaign chasing credits.

I agree that Bungie and 343i should never give the fans to much voice in the game for the sheer fact that most players and fans never become part of forums like these and are not represented. A video game is put on the market and survives or fails dependent on how good it is. COD is not a game I like at all, but it overwhelms the current Halo game for one reason. It works for it's fans. It has now taken numerous Halo players and shows no sign of slowing down.

Halo 4 will have to address whatever the developers feel the Halo series truly needs and not listen to just the current members in the forums who are a small percentage of the millions of Halo fans.

• Like 6

they Arent going to use the reach engine they said they were starting from scratch

Sorry, but no. Halo 4 will be built off of a modified Reach engine.

Don't freak out. No Halo game has been built off of an original engine. It's all just been a modified version of the previous Halo game's engine. Just because it's using the Reach engine doesn't mean it's going to suck as bad as Reach.

....I think.

Sorry, but no. Halo 4 will be built off of a modified Reach engine.

Don't freak out. No Halo game has been built off of an original engine. It's all just been a modified version of the previous Halo game's engine. Just because it's using the Reach engine doesn't mean it's going to suck as bad as Reach.

....I think.

And you heard this...where? Where did they state it was going to be using a modified Reach engine? If you're going to claim something like this, provide something for us to read/watch so that we have some proof.

• Like 1