Can The Spartan Laser get a Fix in the next Update?

The Act Man

The Spartan Laser is the most wildly inconsistent weapon in Halo 5. Which is surprising, because the weapon balance is really fantastic for the most part. But I've seen a lot of clips showing just how bad it is. Sometimes it can't even kill a mongoose and in the Youtube Link below, I posted a video where the Laser didn't even kill a Spartan with a direct hit!

The Spartan Laser desperately needs a fix in the next update. 343i can we please fix the Spartan Laser? It's really not worth grabbing in game if the hit detection and magnetism is so screwy that players can't even kill spartans with a direct hit!

Well first of all you have to hit whatever you're trying to kill  otherwise it's lives.

In the first clip you grazed him as he moved at the last second. In the second clip you were zapping that plant coming out of the cliff (you can clearly see the burn mark hovering in mid air).

Now the third clip, that's how you do it. You hit them both dead centre and they died.

It's not the lasers fault, learn how to use it.

Edited by Kakashi_Hatake

Although the video sucks for explaining, for reasons Kakashi said. I understand what you're talking about. They beam duration was increased and damage was decreased, at least it seems like it. The Halo 5 laser is inferior to previous Halo's for sure.

Although the video sucks for explaining, for reasons Kakashi said. I understand what you're talking about. They beam duration was increased and damage was decreased, at least it seems like it. The Halo 5 laser is inferior to previous Halo's for sure.

Yea it's definitely inferior and in my personal experience is very erratic to use.

Well first of all you have to hit whatever you're trying to kill  otherwise it's lives.

In the first clip you grazed him as he moved at the last second. In the second clip you were zapping that plant coming out of the cliff (you can clearly see the burn mark hovering in mid air).

Now the third clip, that's how you do it. You hit them both dead centre and they died.

It's not the lasers fault, learn how to use it.

Yea I might have been 1 or two pixels outside of his body in the first clip, but it's a ******* laser! The laser should be able to graze a spartan and still kill him because it's a LASER!

And the foliage in the 2nd clip is just bad map design, in my opinon, I was really startled to see that the laser didn't go through in that clip.

• 3 weeks later...

I maxed the laser already but honestly it's the Spartan laser its supposed to be a powerful weapon why are power weapons being nerfed they are power weapons man, the laser though yea needs a buff because iv hit mongooses and they don't go boom in warzone, arena iv noticed I can one shot a mongoose or a warthog with the laser occasionally there is a time when it seems the laser does zero damage Almost like the Hydra that gun totally sucks. Seriously if I see a guy aiming a Hydra at me I pull my pistol out hit him once then boost left instantly I have the upper hand now. But the laser has a charge time then it hits us it sends a laser out so if you die from one shot of a laser its due to lack of awareness same with the binary man they ruined that gun iv wasted three binary shots on one guy because the beam hit the guy but didn't drop his sheild the third shot hit but I got an assist its like wait this is a power weapon where is the power part.