Thieves Make Off With 6000 Copies of Modern Warfare 3?

Spectral Jester

In something that befits a launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's magnitude, reports abound that professional masked highway robbers in France have rammed and hijacked a truck, stealing its precious cargo of video games, in what sounds like a heist from a movie. That stolen video game is apparently Modern Warfare 3.

The truck was reportedly driving through Créteil in southern Paris, before being smashed off the road by another vehicle and set upon by two masked men brandishing knives. The thieves then used tear gas to subdue the truck's driver and his colleague, before making off with the vehicle's contents.

Initial reports didn't specify which game had been stolen from the truck in Paris, but subsequent stories sourcing French news agency say that the thieves took 6000 copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, valued at somewhere in the region of €400,000. Blimey! Modern Warfare 3 is out tomorrow.

That is an iteresting story Jester! Thieves are getting very imaginative in their quests to make money. Now they attack the gaming industry? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Should be fairly easy to catch them though, i give them a week. 6000 copies?, that's a lot of games to move. Just look on ebay for the seller with more than 10 copies for sale (no logical reason to have that many). I'm sure they will try to use the internet to move most of them.

The audacity of some people never ceases to amaze me! WOW!!! Thanks Jester!! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...