The Semi Weekly Site Poll 22

Caboose The Ace

Coming back once more is the Semi Weekly Site Poll!

But before we begin, I have one important announcment. The deadline and day these polls are created is now being moved to Tuesday due to Monday for me becoming so busy. Anyway with that out the way let us begin!

mark-vi-gen1png-8e9ac2_610w.png

The hint this time is more certainly in the image above. I have used this one before in a previous poll as this weeks question is a bit different from any before it.

Original Poll: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/41409-the-semi-weekly-site-poll-four/

This weeks question is a follow up to the question in the Semi Weekly Site Poll 4 where I asked pre-Halo 5 if you were satisfied with Halo 5's level of customisation. Now post-Halo 5 I ask a similar question again.

Are you satisfied with Halo 5's customisation system?

As usual voting ends on the 12th of January. If you have any suggestions or criticism, feel free to pm me.

Happy voting, your Supreme Overlord and Emperor of the Galaxy Caboose The Ace out! :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 1

I wouldn't really say satisfied.

I'm alright with it as it still suits my needs but I'd like at least the level of customisation Halo 4 had.

Although I do like the fact that you can have more types of assassinations in Halo 5 and that there are a ton of different armor sets, even with the different skins.

• Like 1

#ReachDidItBetter

All i gotta say, I really struggled when I first went to customize my Spartan. I still do, I feel as if it is incomplete...

Void Dancer Helmet, Copperhead Fangs Armor, Rex Visor...

I really want to add a permutation or something to my helmet, or my wrist. Or anything. Three things to customize are boring, and Halo 4 definitely did it better with the legs and arms customization's. I feel as if 343 didn't care that much about Halo 5 and reverted to the old Halo 3 style of armor customization.

And of course, who really gives a crap about stances? Sure they show off that weapon skin, or your armor. But it doesn't change gameplay.

And assassinations really disappointed me, I thought at first that everytime I unlocked one it would go to the assassination RNG and choose one of the one's I have instead of a select one. Which only works half the time seeing as there's an in-game bug that will choose another players assassination instead of your own... I've done Back Breaker or Spin Cycle so many times with Spinal Tap equipped... It's almost as if I'm being mocked.

Generally the only thing I really like are Weapon Skins, but in the end everyone is going to wear the Bracer's, HCS, and Clash/Potence's only because they're Legendary.

All-in-All, I was dissatisfied. 

• Like 1

I have to say, I like the armour but it's not enough for me

If Halo 4s armour customisation system is brought back withe the REQ system, nothing needs to be changed.

Reach was just stupid with customisation. There was too much in it and they were stupidly hard to get.

And no more comparing Reach to Halo 5. It literally is the same as comparing Fallout to Kirkby 64.

• Like 2

@@Fishy Reach's was good but as Kakashi said, some things were stupidly hard to get. And although armor effects were fun at start, the sound of children's cheers really started to annoy me after a while.

I think the better poll question should be "Is custimization over-focus killing Halo in general?". The custom armor configurations and abilities to execute it have gotten too lengthy, repedative and boring. Reach had the correct blend of custimization and Halo 4 took it too far and futuristic even by Halo Universe standards.

To sum up my opinion on the matter...

1. Custimization should NEVER be a sole replay or core playing feature to entice players to play.

2. Custimization and or aquiring of any flair material HAS NO PLACE in a game such as Halo, and is anti-consumer.

3. Custimization should reflect, contain and otherwise encompass the roots of Halo as well as the future. (Spartans should be able to look like they use to in all areas if desired.)

4. Whenever custimization is clearly more developed, planned and execited than actual time spent on story, gameplay and actual real content.....there is a HUGE PROBLEM!

• Like 1

The customization was a step back, but it's all I need so I'm technically satisfied. I can see why others aren't and I think being able to customize each individual piece should have been a thing. But in my case, I'm good so long as I unlock the armor bodies I want. One of them I can unlock literally at leisure anyway, just haven't gotten around to it. I have the helmet and visor I want, for sure. There's another helmet I can go for but I don't much care if I get it or not.

• Like 1

Alright it has been a whole week, seven days, all that stuff so lets get to it.

*drumroll*

And the communties answer to the original question.

"Are you satisfied with Halo 5's customisation system?"

Overall it seems the answer is a no as the customisation in Halo 5 is lacking, especially if you compare it to previous games.

Thanks for the votes everybody! :)