Campaign DLC for Reach

FIREN4

Campaign DLC?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be Campaign DLC? If so, At which perspective?

• No, It would ruin the whole Campaign
    • Yes, Carter- A259
    • Yes, Emile- A239
    • Yes, Kat- B320
    • Yes, Jorge- 052
    • Yes, Thom- 293
    • Keep all these people in one DLC
    • Yes, but make a (NEW*) lobby with that specific DLC to play on
    • Make a Matchmaking Playlist for it.
    • Yes, John-117's status during Reach
    • Yes, Jun- A266
  2. 2. If you like this, should this cost Microsoft Points? Or should it be free?

• Microsoft Points, It will dignify it and make it legit.
    • Free, it would be awesome to get all this for free
    • I still don't agree
  3. 3. What type of Easter Eggs would you prefer? If you like this idea.

• Funny and totally Cool
    • Informative
    • Reach is old, we don't need it.
    • I don't think Easter Eggs are a good idea...
    • Hard and Rewarding
    • Glitchy and "Wacky"

I return with yet another question. My previous was HERE. But, do you think there should be Campaign DLC that would continue Reach?

With new Easter Eggs and/ or at a different perspective, other than Noble Six?! :blink: To continue what happened to Jun? What the rest of Noble Team ( or at least the ones that weren't with you) was doing at the time!? Most of you, will think No way IMO, right? Think it's too pushy?! Answer this forum in the poll or just a plain old post."

Edit: I know, I know, occording to TwinReaper it is impossible for this to happen. But just imagine if it did? There ya gooo!!! lol. Respond now, go on.....

300px-Noblelogo.png Six.png

I think it would be great! I voted for thom 293 because like noble 6 and the Master Chief, we don't know what he looks like or what his personality is like. That's why people love the chief so much. They don't show his face so the player can connect with him more, and picture him using thier imagination. And because 'Deliver Hope' made me cry. And continues to every time I watch it.

Id rather keep it the way it is, no Campaign DLC.

BUT if there is I think it should involve one of the following:

A. what Master Chief is up to during the Reach campaign.

B. 6's experience before joining Noble Team.

C. Any Spartan engagement with the Covenant before they found Reach. (Harvest... Whatever)

Mostly "A" though. I mean, I know I'm not the only one who wonders why nobody even MENTIONS Master Chief throughout the Reach campaign.

Ultimately I don't really care though. I'm pretty skeptical about Halo 4. I was totally fine with the Chief floating aimlessly around space with Cortana after saving the whole universe and getting left behind. Ironic.

Id rather keep it the way it is, no Campaign DLC.

BUT if there is I think it should involve one of the following:

A. what Master Chief is up to during the Reach campaign.

B. 6's experience before joining Noble Team.

C. Any Spartan engagement with the Covenant before they found Reach. (Harvest... Whatever)

Mostly "A" though. I mean, I know I'm not the only one who wonders why nobody even MENTIONS Master Chief throughout the Reach campaign.

Ultimately I don't really care though. I'm pretty skeptical about Halo 4. I was totally fine with the Chief floating aimlessly around space with Cortana after saving the whole universe and getting left behind. Ironic.

Nice Thought, I added the Master Chief as a vote, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

There may be a thought that somewhere down the road there may be a follow up to the Reach story in a new game. There was a lot of potential for improvements. Most of what got complained about could be revisited in a new game that continues the campaign and addresses issues within the MM that were hard to fix with a TU. Reach does have a strong following in those who play it. Many more might return to it if the "Reach Series" if it was given an overhaul that would appeal to both camps. Who knows.........

Although I agree it would be great to see some campaign expansion, it is impossible to do. Multiplayer is designed from the start to be open and flexible. The menu slots in the scenario for the resource maps is by default left with many unfilled, so newer dlc for it can be used without the need for newley compiled resources or xex files.

Campaign however is not only present in the mainmenu map file, but also the shared map file. Incorporating new dlc content for campaign, would require you to replace the current 2 resource files and the xex (xbox executable)which houses the game engine code. Now, if they had happened to leave a few map slots unfilled with a campaign flag checked in it, then we might have a completely different scenario then. But again, I have no idea if they did or not. I can only speak on behalf of what the limitations are that are well known and documented by us modders.

Although i would have to believe that between now and H4, there will be a seperate project and title release in some form to make up for the big gap between Reach and H4. CEA doesn't count since that is a team effort on behalf of 343i and Saber Interactive.

Although I agree it would be great to see some campaign expansion, it is impossible to do. Multiplayer is designed from the start to be open and flexible. The menu slots in the scenario for the resource maps is by default left with many unfilled, so newer dlc for it can be used without the need for newley compiled resources or xex files.

Campaign however is not only present in the mainmenu map file, but also the shared map file. Incorporating new dlc content for campaign, would require you to replace the current 2 resource files and the xex (xbox executable)which houses the game engine code. Now, if they had happened to leave a few map slots unfilled with a campaign flag checked in it, then we might have a completely different scenario then. But again, I have no idea if they did or not. I can only speak on behalf of what the limitations are that are well known and documented by us modders.

Although i would have to believe that between now and H4, there will be a seperate project and title release in some form to make up for the big gap between Reach and H4. CEA doesn't count since that is a team effort on behalf of 343i and Saber Interactive.

hopefully.

Not gonna happen. Sorry to burst your bubble. Like twin reaper said, its pretty much impossible..I dont think its a good idea anyway, a game should not have two campaigns, thats not how it works. Not for halo anyway

I won't happpen, of course. but GoW: 3 has new campaign DLC. A Gamestop official showed me and i saw for myself. I also never said two campaigns. Just a continued one :)