Booting and Banning

Can 343i please take away the ban feature for quitting, when my internet is actually just being dumb and I'm lagging out and not quitting?

It's not my fault AT&T is lame and slow.

I also don't understand why every time i get betrayed, even when the person is doing it on purpose, i hardly ever have the option to boot them. But every time i get a random betrayal from a grenade or rocket i get booted. It's lame and other ways of dealing with betrayals should be considered.

Just sayin.

• Like 3

First, about the constant disconnects, check your router settings, or try and get a new one. Call your provider and see if they can fix it. Not just for Reach, but you're paying for a service and you shouldn't have such problems. The quitting ban shouldn't be changed, or else more people will quit their games, its already a nightmare.

About the betrayals, it has to do with how often someone betrays. You might betray 3 times in a game and the booting option won't pop up till the fourth, cause in general you keep it at a minimum. So try and reduce it, watch your shots and nades better. Keep it low and it will stop happening mate.

• 6 months later...

yeah i had a sword and this guy betrayed me and i didnt get to boot him then i betrayed him and he booted me right away i rarely ever betray

Retaliatory betrayals will always give the option to boot, regardless. If you are betrayed and you betray back, they will always get the option to boot.

As for the OP, do what 343industries suggested. Unfortunately, the banning system is going to stay. The betrayal and booting system needs an overhaul, but don't expect it for Reach. Maybe we'll get something better in Halo 4, but for now, we're stuck with the way it currently is.

The retaliation gets the boot? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard! The retaliation is always against someone that intentionally betrayed you for something. You should get the option to boot first. That is just retarded.

Oh I agree completely, but unfortunately the game doesn't. But that's the way it works, what can we do about it, other than not betray? Or, you can just troll someone. I like doing that when I get betrayed. Find & pop their shields every chance I get as payback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Get your act together 343 Industries. I'm sick to death of some d**khead walking out in front of you whilst driving a vehicle and being booted for betrayal. You say you get booted if you betray someone. How's about just not allowing friendly fire at all? The system you's are running is f**king ridiculous. You's wonder why people play Call of Duty instead...

• 2 weeks later...

i have been removed from this site before because i said the plain facts , i to am tired of this banning and boot system im starting a protest to remove this program from halo reach not just halo 4 anyone who whats to be a part of this is free to join in my email is [email protected] also for those who wonder why im doing this its because im tired of buying games at 65$ a pop and then getting stabbed in the back for it i didnt buy the game to get banned and booted for some mook thats mad cause i got sniper,rockets,ect. we can change this with a enough ppl we can change this so if ur tired of the ppl who betray u for ur weapons and being booted for putting them in thier places then message me here or at my email address.

ps 343 or as i should say Vitamin PWN try and boot me now i didnt break any rules.

FROM CARNIE666

First, about the constant disconnects, check your router settings, or try and get a new one. Call your provider and see if they can fix it. Not just for Reach, but you're paying for a service and you shouldn't have such problems. The quitting ban shouldn't be changed, or else more people will quit their games, its already a nightmare.

About the betrayals, it has to do with how often someone betrays. You might betray 3 times in a game and the booting option won't pop up till the fourth, cause in general you keep it at a minimum. So try and reduce it, watch your shots and nades better. Keep it low and it will stop happening mate.

This guy has a wiser words than me, so I'll just quote it.

• 4 weeks later...

People are quitting games because they are made to play a gametype that they don't want to play.They are being made to play a gametype they don't want to play because the p2p network established for Halo Reach online play is not fit for purpose.If they used dedicated servers quitting a game wouldn't affect the game or players.That and only that,is why there is a quit ban in force.If you folks keep ignoring what the truth about this and other issues with this game system,you will be playing all games as you are being made to play this one.Simple

Can 343i please take away the ban feature for quitting, when my internet is actually just being dumb and I'm lagging out and not quitting?

I also don't understand why every time i get betrayed, even when the person is doing it on purpose, i hardly ever have the option to boot them. But every time i get a random betrayal from a grenade or rocket i get booted. It's lame and other ways of dealing with betrayals should be considered.

Just sayin.

Why do you have AT&T? Considering that providing internet is not their main focus, and a small part of the company, why not get a company which providing internet is a huge part of the company (like Comcast)

Just sayin.

First get an actual team of friend's, second make sure to get a new internet provider like mediacom or comcast, third tell teammate's you're shooting the rocket launcher into the building so they have a warning to what might kill them and you have leverage to say that "It isn't my fault for killing you"

I don't understand I have AT&T and it works prefect for me in fact Im always becoming the host in games, my bandwidth is excellent unlike when I had TWC the second I use my wifi on my phone I lag out of my games