Mafia 11.0 - Covenant Edition

Axilus Prime

Day 7

The Elite Ultra, Ki'te Gibar, walked past the broken neural scanner. He could, perhaps, fix it if he tried. But why bother? He was the last member of the Swords of Sanghelios left alive on the ship. Everyone else, he knew, was against him. The Hunter, Leono Ardul Churoch, and the ironically named Grunt, Arbit, were both clearly revealed as the agents of Jul 'Mdama on this ship. Yang 'Xiaol, Honor Guard Ultra, had turned traitor. Yet a thought constantly ate away at his mind as he waited for one of them to arrive. The ship's systems, before the Ranger's sabotage shut them down when this all began, had registered exactly nineteen living beings on this ship. And just yesterday, when he accounted for everyone in his head, he realized that only eighteen had ever been seen. Count and recount as many times as he might like, there was always one who had never been seen.

He heard a grumble and turned in the direction of the noise. "Come out, Arbit. Or do you prefer Storm Grunt?" He was careful not to underestimate his foe. He was just a Grunt, but Arbit had killed several already. No one had ever been able to explain it, and so the Ultra was constantly on guard for any tricks. For all he knew, the walls themselves could give aid to his enemy and kill him.

"Ki'te Gibar, you are the last heretic!" The Grunt switched on his helmet's communicator, broadcasting the sound to all the other agents of the Covenant. It wouldn't be long until they arrived. Following that, he fired his Needler.

"That weapon will do nothing!" The Ultra charged forward and drew his sword, letting every needle his his shield. The model of Needler the Grunt was using did not have the capability for creating supercombine explosions while an energy shield's interference was in place, a tradeoff for its tremendous rate of fire. He knew full well the others would be coming, and so he had to make this quick.

The Grunt's clip emptied, and he realized he had no chance at killing the Ultra conventionally. He instead pulled out his breather tube and let the methane gas disperse while backing up. Still backpedaling furiously, he put the tube back into his nose right before tripping backward and falling on his rear. "Aigh!"

"Foolish one!" The Ultra charged forward, but his comment became perhaps ironic when he brought the plasma blade into the cloud of colorless, odorless, flammable gas that the Grunt had dispersed. "GRAAAAAAAAAAAH!" The blade ignited the gas, triggering an explosion that sent the Elite crashing down and the weapon flying from his hand. What was that?! He rolled to the side and flung his arm out in the direction he came from, shaking off the remaining flames. His shield was down now, and he was forced to take cover behind the neural scanner. Yet he knew the Grunt would follow. With his sword gone, he drew his Plasma Rifle instead. As he heard the Grunt getting closer, he realized his shield would not regenerate, and so watched his radar, inching toward the edge at which the Grunt would no doubt appear. When he removed his nose tube...that dispersed the methane gas. That gas is flammable. He's been using that as a weapon this whole time!

The Grunt came around the corner and saw his shieldless foe. What luck! He didn't even use his radar to stay away! As he fired the needles, however, the five foot distance between them soon became no distance at all. Wait, was he PLANNING to--?!

The Ultra seized the Grunt's nose tube and pulled it out. "Today, that which you have used to destroy my comrades shall destroy you! Your salvation," he said, pressing the Plasma Rifle to the tube, "is now your damnation!" With a single shot, he ignited all the methane down the tube and all the way into the tank. And in a shower of metal, flesh, and blood, the Grunt's entire body exploded.

Arbiter747, Storm Grunt, Lynched.

• Like 4

So it's the final round.

Unless someone else decides they want to use a power to needlessly extend the game further yet again?

The One is the only.... one.... who still has their power, but we haven't heard a single peep out of them since the game started. It's either Crescent Sniper, or Kittens.

• Like 1

Actually it was. I have not made a kill the entire game. Just like in 10.0...I tried winning mafia without me making a single kill. Also, Caboose, you did not correctly tally the votes. You guys had a .5 lead on us...RNG didn't decide this vote.

• Like 3

So it's the final round.

Unless someone else decides they want to use a power to needlessly extend the game further yet again?

To be fair, if they had been able to muster their full voting power this round, they absolutely would have won. What they did wasn't needless extension, because it gave them just as big a chance to win as you had. You did win by a .5 vote, after all.

Axilus, tell me who killed me. It's literally the point of my role.

You already know who did it, as does everyone else, so I didn't say anything. Church wasn't even on the list after your murder. Did you notice the music in your death scene though?

and then Arbiter Just Kills the last survivor anyway because he realizes a crew who is decimated by a Grunt is worthless to him.

Sounds a lot more like something Tartarus or Jul 'Mdama would do than something the Arbiter would do.

---

Night 8

Thunderous footsteps shook the inside of the Corvette this night. The Hunter, furious at having victory ripped away from the Covenant's grasp when they were so close, sought out one other than the Elite Ultra, that final enemy at whose hand he knew he would meet his end. Beside him was the Honor Guard Ultra, who despite his white armor had only the abilities of an Elite Major, and so could not turn the tide against the enemy Ultra either. But perhaps they could get revenge. The Elite Ranger, the Hunter remembered, had reviewed the ship's data just before sabotaging its systems. There were nineteen aboard. Only eighteen had ever been seen. The nineteenth could not have been a member of the Swords of Sanghelios. He had boarded the ship, yet never shown his face once to anyone. He could have saved us. But he did nothing! Nothing since the moment he got on this vessel! I will destroy him!

"What makes you think we can find him?" the Honor Guard Ultra protested. "I told you, we should just take our chances going after the last of the Swords of Sanghelios! There's still a chance we can beat him!"

The Hunter growled, threatening to shield bash his last living ally if he spoke any further. The Ultra we knew would oppose us. But this one? This one had full freedom to help us! He had no allegiance! Yet he left us to die! As they ran, the Hunter suddenly felt a tug on one of his back spikes. He whirled around furiously, facing the one who had pulled the spike, but stopped when he saw that it was simply the Honor Guard Ultra. And he was pointing to the Hunter's left. The Hunter turned, and when he did so, he caught sight of the last thing he expected. If the eyes built into his helmet and neurally linked to his worms could twitch, one of them would certainly have done so. For he had found the last of the ship's inhabitants. One who had clearly stowed away in search of the Forerunner weapon this ship was being contested for in the first place. One who had likely created the Oracle killed by the Storm Grunt, and one who likely owned the weapon itself. The Hunter had come face to face with one of his 'gods'.

The Honor Guard Ultra was just as surprised. Of all the people to leave the Covenant to die, this was the last he expected. What stood before them was a being slightly taller than an Elite but shorter than a Hunter, clad in pristine silvery armor. Blue lights arranged in patterns ran across the Forerunner's body. His face, whatever the expression on it might be, was hidden behind a threatening armored mask. "...Why? Why would you deny us your help?! You are one of the Covenant's gods! We exist...to serve your glory! With your help, we could have won! Easily!"

The Forerunner did not move. He did not even tilt his head. His blank mask hid where his eyes looked, though to the Hunter and Honor Guard Ultra, he appeared to be staring into their souls. "I am no god, you primitive fool. I am simply here to stop you from taking what is not yours. What belongs to the Forerunners."

"We desired it only to serve you!" The Honor Guard Ultra's face was now contorted in utter confusion. "If you're not one of our gods, who are you?!"

"No. Both your factions desired it for your own purposes. And yours confuses its will with that of the Forerunners. All the divine inspirations you think you have were simply fabrications, products of madness, products of desire for personal gain...and more often than not both. For as you say, I am not one of your gods. I am simply...the One." With that, the Forerunner turned his back on the agents of the so-called Covenant, and proceeded down the hall.

You are Forerunner...yet you betray us?! After all our loyalty?! HOW DARE YOU! Though he could not speak his words in the common tongue, the Hunter roared with savage fury and fired fuel rods madly at the One's back. I WILL HAVE VENGEANCE!

The One turned around, deflecting each fuel rod with a lightning-fast swing of his arms. The shots landed on the walls, leaving burn marks and little else. "You will need more than that if you wish to harm me."

"No," the Honor Guard Ultra said with a grin, "I think not! You wouldn't have bothered blocking if you had a true full body defense! Now DIE!" He threw a plasma grenade at the One's foot and stuck it. To his surprise, the grenade flew back away, narrowly missing his face. "How?!" More infuriated than ever, he drew his Energy Sword and charged. The Hunter followed suit, but the Honor Guard Ultra reached the One first and swung his sword. "Huh?!" A firm grip around his wrist overpowered all the extra speed and force granted by his armor's lunge assist, and he found the One's other hand around his neck. "GRAAAAAH!" Despite his dire situation, hope came when Hunter flanked the One and took a swing with his shield at his back.

The One spun like a tornado, both throwing the Honor Guard Ultra into the Hunter's swing and taking his sword at the same time. He jumped away from the backswing, then spun again to dodge a fuel rod. As he faced them again, he threw the sword into the now-unshielded Sangheili's thigh.

"GAAAAAAAAH--HAAAAAAAAAAA!" Unbearable pain filled the Honor Guard Ultra. He crashed to the ground and fumbled for the sword's handle, but he only pushed it, expanding the wound. His yell of pain was ignored by the Hunter, who, too consumed by his rage to care, stepped over him and charged at the One. The next surge of pain nearly blinded him, so he couldn't see what happened. All he could think about was getting a hand around the sword's hilt and deactivating the weapon. Yet even that he could scarcely manage.

The Hunter swung at the One again. The One shoved the shield away with his forearm and responded with a punch to the Hunter's stomach. Even with the armor plate that had been added to this particular Hunter armor suit's stomach area, there was a surge that rattled the worms within. The Hunter emitted a high growl of pain, and a blow to his face sent him staggering back. Yet he persisted. He swung with his shield again, and when that was blocked, he went in for a punch to the face with his cannon arm. The One was struck, but the thunderous noise produced did not match the actual damage of the blow. Nearly undamaged, the One shoved the Hunter's arm out of the way, grabbed his head with both hands, and brought it down into a knee strike. He turned then, slammed his elbow into the Hunter's chest, and his face yet again. Cracks appeared in the Hunter's armor, cracks that even a Beam Rifle shot could not produce. The Hunter responded with a kick, but the One swiftly blocked it with his knee, grabbed the Hunter's head, and slammed his face into the wall. How...how can he do this?!

The One placed his other hand on the Hunter's chest, and with a turn of his body threw the massive warrior down. "Interfere with me again, and you will die. The weapon on this ship...it is beyond you."

---

Execution Failed.

Suspect List (aka the only survivors):

Church

Crescent Sniper

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Yang Xiao Long

Edited by Axilus Prime

OK, WAIT 1 GUYS

THE FREAKIN' ONE RESISTED EXECUTION. I am damned curious to find out what the heck is with him. You guys are welcome to crush us afterwards, but PLEASE help us try to kill The One. Help us to lynch him! We stand no chance against you in voting afterwards, so what is the difference? I want to know what happens. For sheer curiosity's sake, work with us!

I vote Crescent Sniper.

OK, WAIT 1 GUYS

THE FREAKIN' ONE RESISTED EXECUTION. I am damned curious to find out what the heck is with him. You guys are welcome to crush us afterwards, but PLEASE help us try to kill The One. Help us to lynch him! We stand no chance against you in voting afterwards, so what is the difference? I want to know what happens. For sheer curiosity's sake, work with us!

I vote Crescent Sniper.

No.

• Like 1