Mafia 11.0 - Covenant Edition

Axilus Prime

We know you're working with the Mafia. You can cut the act.

Not to mention the Hunter/Ultra-Juggernaut is Church (we've established this a LONG time ago).

*taps shoulder*

Uh, yang's talking about the pro-town Juggernaught.

• Like 1

Currently, there's 2 Protowns. Technically 3 counting the Elite Ultra.

Mafia has 2 people left: one of which is the Hunter who's on its last legs (1 life). The other is Arbiter747, the Storm Grunt.

Yang is a traitorous Neutral, but we don't need to kill him to win. The One has been quiet. Maybe even afk.

We have the numbers advantage: 3v2, and none of Mafia (+ the Honor Guard Ultra, Yang) have their powers left. We also have vote superiority (they got lucky because of secret votes last time).

Mafia can take 2 lives the next two rounds via execution, and we'll be able to take out the last two Mafians via Lynch. The surviving Protown will win the game.

That depends on how much voting power Protown can muster. At this point, it's a matter of both sides giving everything they've got. The deception is over. It's a battle now, and if one side lets up for a moment, they will die.

---

Night 7

As with every night, the unsleeping monitor of the planet the Forerunner weapon the Covenant sought had been recovered from floated around the halls. She had aligned herself with the Swords of Sanghelios, knowing full well that they could protect it better than the broken defenses of the planet could. If the misguided fools who worshiped her creators got it, after all, the galaxy would be in quite a bad situation. Her creator, however, disagreed. He still believed he could keep it safe, if he only could take it back. Somewhere on this ship, her creator, one of the few remaining Forerunners, had remained perfectly hidden. And despite the efforts of both sides to find him, and learn what he could do, no one had so much as caught sight of him since.

And so as with every night, she tirelessly searched for the one who created her. Perhaps he could be reasoned with, and if not, he could be killed. Finally, she detected someone on her radar. "You can come out," she said.

The Storm Grunt recognized the voice and immediately took off running the other way. There was only one on this ship who sounded like that, and only one way to bring her down. He made for the secondary armory, the room in which ceremonial weapons, and weapons given to the Swords of Sanghelios by the human scum, were kept. Humans disgusting, but they make one useful thing!

The Oracle followed, but when she entered the room, the Grunt was nowhere to be seen. Nothing appeared on her radar, meaning he was standing still. She began to scan for life signals when a beam slammed into her from behind, burning away portions of her body. Worst of all, being shot from behind had disabled her weapons system. She turned, naturally, and quickly moved away from the next shot. While the Spartan Laser overheated, she sent out a beam of energy, seized a ceremonial metal sword with it, and sliced off the front of the weapon.

The Grunt ran to the other side of the room, took a ceremonial sword of his own, and assumed a fighting stance. The Oracle had been damaged enough by his shot that now he could cut her with the weapon. "Ball thing think she sword fight better than me?!"

The Oracle didn't say anything, simply flashed her eyeball and tilted forward as if to nod. With her energy 'arm', she brought the sword in front of herself.

(At this point, this music should play. Ash, I think you'll like this.)

The two charged at each other, the Grunt swinging first. The Oracle did not block, but instead rose up and dropped her sword on the Grunt. The Grunt dove away and jumped up to swing at the Oracle, but she extended her energy 'arm' down to catch her sword and bring it between them to block. With another energy 'arm', the Oracle took a second sword and swung each at the Grunt from another direction.

The Grunt backed up, then prepared to attempt a stab. Before he could, something caught his eye. The Oracle was sparking. He took out his nose breather tube to disperse some methane, then backed away while putting it back in. Just as planned the Oracle moved into it, and the flammable gas was ignited by the sparks. Now me kill you! The Grunt ran around the Oracle as the explosion obscured her vision and only then took a stab.

Footsteps make noise, and with the multi-channel audio receptors of a Forerunner Monitor picked it up even with the explosion's interference. She moved, but the stab grazed her. Her energy arms flickered, and in that instant she dropped her weapons. In desperation, she attempted to catch the Grunt's next attack with an energy arm, but the slash was far too quick, and she was only saved by the Grunt having to jump back when the dropped swords bounced at him. Regaining her bearings, the Oracle restored her energy arms and took her swords up again.

What followed was a furious series of attacks and blocks from each side. Neither could land a hit on the other, though they almost routinely came close. The Grunt's reach would normally have put him at a disadvantage, as would the fact that his enemy was dual wielding swords just as big as he was. However, the explosion had damaged the Oracle enough that her energy arms were far weaker than the Grunt's arms, and so every time he deflected her swings, the sword he hit would be sent far off to the side. They fought like this for nearly a minute until the Grunt got an idea. He drew his Needler, a useless weapon against the Oracle under normal circumstances. Rather than firing, he threw it at her eye. "HYAAAAAAAAH!" In that split second of distraction, he swung.

The Oracle brought both her blades up on instinct. They collided with the Grunt's sword, deflecting it when it came within an inch of her body. The impact jarred her energy arms to the point that they dropped the swords, making her realize that she needed a better strategy. Immediately she flew backward at full speed, gaining some distance. There were countless weapons in the room, though only some were melee weapons. Those which were not, she naturally had no way to use. Or at least, no way to fire. Though her energy arms could barely maintain a steady grip, the Oracle could still use them to throw. And so she lashed out. Hundreds of them, seizing weapon after weapon and hurling them at the Grunt. The Grunt would dodge, take cover, or knock the weapons away, but when that happened she would retrieve a weapon and bring it back at the Grunt from another direction.

The Grunt saw a sword, deflected it, then was hit by an Assault Rifle. It didn't remove anything from his body, but the pain was distracting, enough that a sword was able to pass by his face and cut his breathing tube. He wouldn't last long without it, even with a Grunt's natural ability to hold its breath for far longer than most other species. More human weapons flew at him, and with his back to a tipped-over table, he deflected them all to avoid being dazed again. When he popped out to look for the Oracle, a warhammer whooshed toward his face. "GYAAH!" He ducked, and the sound the hammer made when it struck the wall behind him was terrifying. "That's IT!" The only way to stop this hellstorm of projectiles would be to disperse them long enough to create a window of opportunity. His weapons might not work against the Oracle herself, but that was not his intention. He deflected more projectiles coming back around at him, then threw a plasma grenade over the table. As planned, it couldn't help but stick to a flying weapon, and the explosion sent the weapons hurtling in all directions. A space was now clear.

The Oracle struggled to retrieve that many weapons at once, but as she sent her energy arms out to do the job, the Grunt jumped over the table and threw a Battle Rifle at her. It missed, but the lapse in attention was enough. When she looked again, the Grunt had closed the distance and was right in front of her.

"DIE!" He slashed at the Oracle, splitting her in two. "DIE!" He slashed again, down at the pieces, splitting them. "DIIIIIIE!" And finally, when the eyeball started to roll away, he slashed at that too, shattering it into pieces. And so the Grunt left, to replace his breathing tube at the Covenant hideout within the ship. There was one target left.

---

Ash, Oracle, Executed.

Suspect List:

Arbiter747

Crescent Sniper

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Yang Xiao Long

Edited by Axilus Prime
  • Like 1

I vote Arbiter

(Sorry Caboose I didn't check the PM's because for some reason I haven't been receiving notifications .-.)

Oh Axilus I think you forgot something

Oracle - When killed, the identity of the one who killed them is revealed.

Edited by Mereel

I vote Arbiter

(Sorry Caboose I didn't check the PM's because for some reason I haven't been receiving notifications .-.)

Oh Axilus I think you forgot something

Oracle - When killed, the identity of the one who killed them is revealed.

I didn't forget. I didn't bother because seriously, who DOESN'T know who everyone is?