The Ultimate Mafia, 8.0 [GAME-OVER]

I_Make_Big_Boom

I am not inactive, I've been here the whole time!

And thank you Deerpen for being a nonconformist -_-

Not that it's going to matter much but I vote Axilus Prime

since he was so quick to start everyone on my case.

I am not inactive, I've been here the whole time!

And thank you Deerpen for being a nonconformist -_-

Not that it's going to matter much but I vote Axilus Prime

since he was so quick to start everyone on my case.

I change my vote to Axilus. 

You're right. Axilus shouldn't be allowed to live much longer if he's going to sway votes in random directions. If Axilus turns out to be mafian, we could assume that the majority of the people who voted Rue are also Mafian. 

I doubt they are, but this is how we can tell. 

MY VOTE WAS CHANGED TO AXILUS. 

• Like 1

If you've all forgotten, I've held the belief that killing a random person in the hopes that they're Mafia will help in the absence of true evidence (Like, say...right now.) will, if not luckily kill a Mafian, narrow the list down. It's always better than no lynch. A chance and a slight boost of awareness that will add up over time is better than no chance at all and wasting our time.

And again, if you've all forgotten, this has worked.

And I've only been Mafia once, but I've held this belief as a pro-town. It's definitely not a facade to kill everyone.

Vote me if you find me that suspicious. It'll narrow down the list too. But I know I'm not Mafia (not that that will hold weight to those who don't believe it), and we needed to kill someone, so I personally just RNG'd and landed on Rue because why would I kill myself?

If you've all forgotten, I've held the belief that killing a random person in the hopes that they're Mafia will help in the absence of true evidence (Like, say...right now.) will, if not luckily kill a Mafian, narrow the list down. It's always better than no lynch. A chance and a slight boost of awareness that will add up over time is better than no chance at all and wasting our time.

And again, if you've all forgotten, this has worked.

And I've only been Mafia once, but I've held this belief as a pro-town. It's definitely not a facade to kill everyone.

Vote me if you find me that suspicious. It'll narrow down the list too. But I know I'm not Mafia (not that that will hold weight to those who don't believe it), and we needed to kill someone, so I personally just RNG'd and landed on Rue because why would I kill myself?

Half the time, trusting you gut also WORKS. Rue was the least active candidate = least likely to be chosen as murderer. When I was a mafian, we volunteered ourselves every time. 

Because Rue is an infrequent visitor, I'm sure someone would've volunteered before her. Additionally, someone who plays less would've been more reluctant to volunteer, don't you think. 

Rue isn't the mafian. 

• Like 1

Axilus, I'd actually rather you dead right now then anyone else.

You're one of the best at this and I'd trust you to deal with the detective and medic more then Caboose or Rue.

So I vote for Axilus.

Also, Ruby if you post in that blue colour again I will vote you out the next time.

And I wouldn't be so sure that killing someone is better than killing nobody.

You could be condemning the medic or the detective for all you know, just

throwing that out there.

Of course we can. But each list has at least one Mafia on it, and a max of 2. This means that if we kill 2 Mafians, the list's survivors are confirmed innocent. It also means that if 3 people on a list die, and none are Mafia, the last is certainly Mafia. And there is some overlap between different lists. This means that literally every lynch, whether successful or not, gets us closer to victory.

So, wait, the entire point of this game is to mind eff your opponents and allies into voting absolutely randomly until the end happens?

'cause that's what I've been reading so far..

I've voted Rue 'cause this is my first time playing, and if it's some kind of trippy mind game where noone's sure of anything until the very end, I'm going to stand by this decision, since I have no idea if a "master plan" is in play. I would've voted otherwise, but since every voting session is literally just a popularity contest, I went with the one that had the most votes-- strangely enough, Rue was the only one that had any votes when I cast mine.

I'm sticking to it; Sure, it's my first time playing and being this hard-headed might be my downfall, but I'm just gonna go with the flow and worry about technicalities and tactics later-- I'm just trying to get used to the game.

tl;dr:

wtf is going on? I'm keeping my vote the same. lol

And I wouldn't be so sure that killing someone is better than killing nobody.

You could be condemning the medic or the detective for all you know, just

throwing that out there.

No, Axilus is right, voting no one is worse than voting someone. Given that most suspect lists have 1 confirmed/very probable protownian, the chance of killing a mafian is reduced to 1/3rd of a chance. 

Later in the game, this turns into something around 1/2 of a chance - considering RnG. 

Not voting makes it easier fo the mafians to focus votes, and assuming that atleast 'some' protownians vote, we'll have less to distinguish the mafians. So either almost no one votes or everyone does, but the prior is harder to confirm - making it useless. 

In all technicality, random chaos when it comes to lynching IS better than less voting. Null has absolutely no reason to exist by this ideal, but it can be used psychologically. 

So, wait, the entire point of this game is to mind eff your opponents and allies into voting absolutely randomly until the end happens?

I've voted Rue 'cause this is my first time playing, and if it's some kind of trippy mind game where noone's sure of anything until the very end, I'm going to stand by this decision, since I have no idea if a "master plan" is in play. I would've voted otherwise, but since every voting session is literally just a popularity contest, I went with the one that had the most votes-- strangely enough, Rue was the only one that had any votes when I cast mine.

I'm sticking to it; Sure, it's my first time playing and being this hard-headed might be my downfall, but I'm just gonna go with the flow and worry about technicalities and tactics later-- I'm just trying to get used to the game.

tl;dr:

No one can blame you. Carry on. 

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

Now that I have gotten your attention....

Want to win this game? If you are a Pro town special role please invite me to your pm.

Why? because if everyone does that we could know who all the special roles are. We can win this game before it begins.

Not doing this is simply being stupid. :)

I vote Axilus because his logic is sound and we must vote for someone and killing a random person innocent or not is always better than using our brains and judgement to determine logical fallacy and the like

Right, right, because obviously that's what I said.

You want to be taken seriously with that statement? Give us good grounds to vote for a specific individual because they're more likely to be Mafia.

Logic>Randomness, every time. But we don't have that luxury in Round 1. We never have.

• Like 1

Right, right, because obviously that's what I said.

You want to be taken seriously with that statement? Give us good grounds to vote for a specific individual because they're more likely to be Mafia.

Logic>Randomness, every time. But we don't have that luxury in Round 1. We never have.

logic>randomness>not voting

You chose randomness when you voted Rue. Why not try to incorporate some logic? 

That is your problem. 

tl;dr:

The first Round is usually the most hectic. Later on you will gather more evidence, and useful information to choose who to vote for... most of the time.

Everyone usually takes a blind shot during Rounds 1&2.

Oh and you aren't forced to vote. You can withdraw your vote at any time. :P

The votes will be locked around 5 hours from now.

• Like 1