UNSC Warlord Chapter 13

Fishy

~Chapter 13: Sweep~

Gregor locked on to the falcon, bullets were sprayed at Doc. Gregor watched Doc take off in a sprint to avoid gun, he knew it was a matter of time before the falcon had him. Gregor looked down at the rocket pod systems, they were still acquiring lock. He had to take the shot now or Doc wouldn’t make it.

“Gregor! Help me, please!” Doc was struck, the back of his leg was injured bad. The falcon turret swept over him and continued in an invisible chase. It stopped. “Gregor...” Doc grabbed his pistol, unfortunately the falcon was gone. It was engaged with Gregor and the warthog. Gregor was off the turret now and on the run for his life.

Doc grabbed his binoculars and looked at the turret, it was still locking on to the falcon. Just a few more seconds and it would be ready. That was too much time. Gregor was a few minutes away, maybe even seconds, from a bloodfest. Doc took his pistol and shot at the gunner.

“Headshot.” Doc dropped his lowered his hand.

The falcon backed off and headed in retreat. Doc watched as it hurried away and rounded the corner. No, Doc squinted his eyes. The falcon was headed back in a weird formation. He squinted his eyes even more, “Wait a second.” The falcon scraped the left wing against the wall, propeller shards sprung everywhere. Doc rolled over and took cover from the shards, “So much for no gunner.”

The propeller flew directly at Gregor, he had no chance of evasion. The propeller’s front took Gregor with him. He was knocked up against the wall of a crevice which caused him a major shock trauma that lead to him knocked out.

Doc got up and made a run to help him, then he caught a glimpse in his eye, the falcon crashed on the ground and skidded towards him at a forty five degree arc. The right wing propeller tore off and removed the tail. The falcon was gone, but the pilot was still there. Doc reached for his weapon. The pilot hopped out and aimed his battle rifle at Doc. It was a stand off.

“Wait, Doc. Is that you?” The soldier lowered his weapon and appeared closer.

Doc stared directly into his visor, weapon still drawn at the ready. “I don’t know you.” He cocked his pistol.

The soldier removed his helmet.

Doc dropped his pistol, “Oh my god. No, no it can’t be. You’re... You’re...” Doc was lost in words, the soldier just smiled at him. He offered his hand, Doc took it and stood up.

“Wait, first we need to go help my leader. He’s trapped behind a propeller.” Doc showed the soldier where Gregor was.

“Jeez, he looks bad. Here, you grab him and pull him out; I’ll bend the propeller just enough to remove him.” The soldier used his weight to bend the blade that trapped Gregor, and move it far enough so Doc could get him out.

Doc limped over to the warthog, the soldier carried Gregor and lowered him in the driver’s seat to rest out his coma. “How long do you think he’ll be out?” the soldier glanced at Doc.

“Probably until early morning, he might be a little hungry when he wakes up.” Doc replied.

“Heh, I don’t trust your medical readings anymore. Not after mine.” The soldier chuckled at Doc.

Doc kicked into an anger-tampered mood, “What exactly do you mean by that, Destroyer?” He got up in his face.

Destroyer just smiled at him, “Ah, so you do remember my name. Alright. I’ll tell you what happened.”

Destroyer moved over and sat down on a stump:

“After the bullet hit me in the head and knocked me stone cold to the floor, you all decided to just leave my corpse and continue to the objective. I partially remember you saying I was dead because you couldn’t tell if it was paint or blood. Well for you information, it was blood, but I was not dead. More of slightly injured.” Destroyer showed him his scar where the bullet merely punctured.

“That seemed logical at the time, I’m only known for a medic for basics. Not advanced medical training to be an actual doctor.” Doc mellowed down.

“Anyways,” Destroyer continued. “After all of you left I was awoken by an insurrectionist. He offered to spare my life if I could get them a hand on a UNSC Falcon. Of course, as you probably have seen, I did so. In return, they patched me up and took care of me. In all honesty, they didn’t seem as strict as the UNSC. I liked the working environment, but the actual work was a lot harder to do. Of course, I did it to survive.”

“Seems fair enough to me, go on ahead with your short story.” Doc was interested in how he found them.

Destroyer just sat there and smiled, “So about two days ago I was asked to go do some actual operations. Seeing as how I was the only one who knew how to fly a falcon, I did a falcon operation with one of the side leaders of the insurrectionist camp I was in. We had intel that three ODST drop pods landed alongside a warthog drop pod. I was assigned on the actual termination operation, we had a few other spotters at all time to pinpoint your location and radio it in to us. Which then lead to how we end up here where we are.”

“Huh,” Doc just stared amused. “That was an interesting, not very detailing story you had. I got the main points on what happened, it just sounds kind of...”

“Boring?” Destroyer finished for him.

“Yeah... Boring.” Doc felt awkward for not being able to complete his sentence.

“Don’t worry it was. I missed the squad, but glad to be back.” He had a smile on his face, “So where are we headed to now?”

Doc looked at him, “ONI Castle, but I don’t know how to get there and Gregor only knows the way.”

“Oh, I know the way as well. Just arrange the hog and we can head out tonight.” Destroyer headed towards the warthog.

“Alright, I hope you’re right.” They lifted Gregor over and into the passenger seat with Zen. Destroyer took the wheel, Doc took the turret. They headed out.

This was going to be a fun arrival at ONI.

~End of Chapter 13~

• Like 4