The New Infection for Halo 4

Absolute Dog

The Flood Infection Poll.  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Vote on any or all of the questions.

• Do you like the idea overall?
    • Do you like the Flood as the infected?
    • Do you like having the parasites included to reduce camping?
    • Do you like the idea of dedicated maps?
    • Do you like the idea of randomized environments inside each map?
    • Do you like the forge idea?
    • I don't care for this idea at all.

I love this idea, but i think for it to work we would need a more diverse selection of flood forms. The current types of flood are all matched to single weapon that is most effective against them. In order to have game-play similar to that in fire fight, new, more versatile flood combat forms need to be designed.

Yup, same if they plan on having it in Halo 4's campaign.

• 2 months later...

I love this idea, but i think for it to work we would need a more diverse selection of flood forms. The current types of flood are all matched to single weapon that is most effective against them. In order to have game-play similar to that in fire fight, new, more versatile flood combat forms need to be designed.

I think I see what you are sawing Hawk. I will consider a OP edit when I have time.

Guest Oakley HiDef

I think infection definitely needs an overhaul as there are so many potentials to be had. I seriously doubt we will see the implementation of flood AI in custom games because that would restrict the number of maps we could play on because the coding involved with having AI adapt to player content would be too tricky. What we are more likely to see is a firefight type of game. In that case we would be playing on a series of maps with a variety of holdout locations. There could be the option to have players on both sides of the fight as you can already do in versus firefight in Reach. This would be a cool feature as the player controlled flood would be similar to the bosses seen in L4D.

I'd imagine playing as a zombie constantly throwing his body at humans wouldnt be that fun so they would have to spice it up. Maybe the player controlled flood would actually act as a gravemind. Then the player could have full control over the flood and individually control any of the flood forms. Perhaps even deciding from which direction the flood will attack. Just as thought

i hate this idea, leave it to the douches that have to make a game every 6 months to compete, firefight is halo's way of competing with call of duty zombies, keep it that way

nicely,,,,are you an idiot, firefight has been around for a few of years now if anything CoD copied GoW, get your information correct before saying something.

Although i despise the flood and playing against them this concept makes complete sense. I have yet to see Zombie's on Halo but think it would be a great idea worth playing around with to have the ability to be an infected flood. The idea of parasites being able to infect campers is awesome. I hate having to make my custom maps non-campable. If your a camper go play COD. This is Halo and the flood will infest your sorry camper NOOB @$$

Although i despise the flood and playing against them this concept makes complete sense. I have yet to see Zombie's on Halo but think it would be a great idea worth playing around with to have the ability to be an infected flood. The idea of parasites being able to infect campers is awesome. I hate having to make my custom maps non-campable. If your a camper go play COD. This is Halo and the flood will infest your sorry camper NOOB @$$

Haha, lol

• 2 weeks later...

That is the beauty of using the Flood as the Zombies, the are hated. The parasites are the perfect answer for campers!

The idea overall i think is awesome I mean seriously the flood in halo 3 one second your with the marines and the next they are all dead and in another second the flood reanimated their bodies so basicly they are zombies.Also the flood parasites on infection is a good idea but you would die easily since one shot is a kill plus the humans would get infected easily because they might not see you.

I think they should make the spartans be able to counter like in reach the zombies would slice but at the right time the human would melee and taking serious damage but still alive while the zombie is 1 bar to death then one pistol shot dead and shotgun shot dead so the should make something like that on the infected flood units like in reach zombies.

There should be basic infection,and then a MasterInfection,MasterInfection should have 2 (or more people) Be Flood. And the rest are basic Infected spartans. Over time. The map changes because of so many infected,thus spawning the *spores* and if you pop those, you get some custom power up or something, or a ^level up^ Where a basic Infected can be a flood parasite,and find the first spartan they see, They control it like the RC/XD from Black Ops,and when someone *pops* it,they go back to what they were before. And the spartans should level DOWN if the match is longer than 20-30 mins,like showing them LIMP and such. To show how they can't take it so much, but they do more damage. Then over time,the spartans can defend a small base*camping* and put mines one time around. Maybe if the Main MasterInfected atleast gets a weaker weapon,or his actual arm.. Who agrees with my idea? Beef it up?

There should be basic infection,and then a MasterInfection,MasterInfection should have 2 (or more people) Be Flood. And the rest are basic Infected spartans. Over time. The map changes because of so many infected,thus spawning the *spores* and if you pop those, you get some custom power up or something, or a ^level up^ Where a basic Infected can be a flood parasite,and find the first spartan they see, They control it like the RC/XD from Black Ops,and when someone *pops* it,they go back to what they were before. And the spartans should level DOWN if the match is longer than 20-30 mins,like showing them LIMP and such. To show how they can't take it so much, but they do more damage. Then over time,the spartans can defend a small base*camping* and put mines one time around. Maybe if the Main MasterInfected atleast gets a weaker weapon,or his actual arm.. Who agrees with my idea? Beef it up?

Good very good but 20-30 min long i doubt they'll make that happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen some good ideas to expand on in here and will update the OP soon. I was also thinking about a recent rebuttal to one of my posts in the Halo 4 forum in regards to MM cannon. Though my post was not clear, a member stated canon was not a lead factor in MM. So here is my question. If the flood do not end up being part of the Halo 4 story line, does it make a difference is they are used for the Infection game type?