Most Difficult Level?

Axilus Prime

Halo 2 is widely known as the most difficult, frustrating Halo game ever. I hear a lot about controller breaking on Legendary, and while that has never happened to me, and I doubt it's happened to most of the people who say it has...

It's still the hardest Halo for me. (And I beat it six times on Legendary, I would know.)

But what level is the hardest level for you guys? For me, it was Regret, simply for the dual Plasma Rifle Elites at the end, and the sniper/Hunter section in the underwater area.

I found halo 1 harder.

just, some of the levels..like the library....

That's odd, I found the Library easy. It was long, but it wasn't really...hard.

Oh, Oracle. Yeah, the one enemy worse than Jackal snipers has to be the Heretic Leader. The trick, as I discovered on my second fight with him, is to dual-wield Needlers primarily, and keep a Carbine handy for when you see holograms descending from those holes in the wall at long range.

Halo 2... I never beat it on legendary. The farthest I ever got on legendary was on the level Gravemind in the first room of the level. I remember screaming at the brutes and saying it was impossible. Getting locked in that first room sealed my fate, and I had to start hiding for my life. Never did get out of the room...alive at least.

• Like 1

Hold out in one of the corners near the exit door (opposite from the Honor Guards at the start, in other words) with two Needlers. Try not to miss, and take out waves of Brutes with them. Handle the Grunts by burst-firing a Brute Plasma Rifle. Between waves, restock on Needler ammo. When Brutes with Carbines show up, kill them with the Needlers, then before the next wave shows up, run over and switch your Plasma Rifle for the Carbine, and return to your corner. Then hold out until Cortana says to put her in...something. (I forgot)

After that the rest of the level is significantly easier.

Sacred Icon... I don't really know why but I just hate that level on legendary.

Probably the large numbers of Sentinel Majors and Enforcers without a vehicle to use against them.

I always found that the hardest part of the level was that round gondola thing that transports you into this place with an Enforcer, several Sentinels of both Minor and Major rank, a huge number of Flood, and eight Sentinel Launchers.

I found Halo 2 the hardest. The level that was the hardest for me would be The Oracle on Legendary. I kept getting lost whilst getting ambushed by the Flood non-stop.

I Agree, Halo 2 was by far the hardest. Sniper Jackals... I still have nightmares... Heck I am afraid to even stand in the open!

The most difficult level to me was... I'd say... Cario Station. All the other levels I could use glitches, or Sputnik Skull grenade jumping, or shortcuts, or use the speedrun tactics. But this one really forced you to fight.

Edited by The Stig

I Agree, Halo 2 was by far the hardest. Sniper Jackals... I still have nightmares... Heck I am afraid to even stand in the open!

The most difficult level to me was... I'd say... Cario Station. All the other levels I could use glitches, or Sputnik Skull grenade jumping, or shortcuts, or use the speedrun tactics. But this one really forced you to fight.

Yes. Cairo station really takes a toll on you. Those first legendary Elites you encounter out of the boarding ships still give me nightmares. I also found it exponentially easier to complete most of the campaign after that...until I met the Gorillas.

Not sure how you can get lost on The Oracle...it's not like the Library with all the similar looking hallways. And at least there are no areas with infinite Flood spawning, so the easiest solution is: kill them all.

I found Cairo Station the easiest level by far. Probably because I consider all use of glitches and map design flaws to be cheating and therefore not winning the level at all. (As you can imagine, I don't get along that well with Mythic Tyrant's walkthroughs...though a few things he does have merit, the things that involve no cheating)