Lawsuit Filed Against Electronic Arts for Battlefield 4 Bugs!

VinWarrior

A week ago, it was reported that EA was being investigated by a US law firm over the new hit Battlefield 4, now it seems even more trouble awaits the giant publisher. The team behind the Enron lawsuit has commenced a second class lawsuit against EA, making similar claims that the publisher launched "materially false and misleading statements" regarding Battlefield 4.

On the Seventeenth of December, 2013, Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP filed a complaint stating that EA violated Federal Security Laws by making false official public statements regarding Battlefield 4 between a period of July 24th and December 4th.

The complaint alleges that Electronic Art's stock rose based on the purported strength of the game's rollout during this period, reaching a high of $28.13 per share by August 23rd, 2013, allowing "Certain of Electronic Arts" senior executives to sell their EA stocks at artificially inflated prices.

The bug-ridden version on the Next-Gen console, the PlayStation 4, is also under investigation. The firm alleges that EA's share values plummeted, which fell further still when EA announced future projects on hold until Battlefield 4's issues could be dealt with. The complaint states that EA "recklessly disregarded" the fact that the game was riddled with it's massive bugs and glitches. As a result, Electronic Arts "was not on track to achieve the financial results it had told the market it was on track to achieve during the Class Period."

It is vital to note this is a still claim, and the class action itself has not been filed yet; The firm is in need of a leading plaintiff who bought common stock in EA between July and December by February 15th of next year.

EA has responded to these claims with the statement, "We believe these claims are meritless" This is the official statement of course, followed by, "We intend to aggressively defend ourselves, and we’re confident the court will dismiss the complaint in due course." This of course, means EA isn't going down without a fight.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/18/lawsuit-filed-against-ea-over-buggy-battlefield-4

• Like 1

If I am honest EA has improved over this month

1 They fired there CEO :D

2 more better value humble origin bundles

3 No more season pass

4 better community support

5 Donated a lot of money to cancer < EDIT cancer research

I think they are getting better with ever day but I think the biggest reason for this is ...

You don't want to be named the worst company in America for the third time. :)

Edited by Ranger447

All I can say is... GOOD! Worst company going.

Bioware is a division of Electronic Arts.

Bad. Think of Mass Effect, one of the award-winners for consoles.

Promote this to an article. No one cares if he's not in the news group, 'dis be be more than worthy of going up there.

5 Donated a lot of money to cancer

I'll leave you to figure out why what you said is bad.

and they should be filed the game is so buggy i dont play it but my friends have been saying nothing but bad things cos of the glitches inside battlefield 4 and he actually sold the game and my friend is a huge battlefield fan and pre ordered it as soon as it went on sale and he sold all of his pre order stuff because of the game breaking glitches inside battlefield 4

It's unfortunate to see EA go down the tubes like this. Remember, this is the same company that published Command and Conquer, Simcity 4, and Mass Effect. And yet, they need a situation like this to (attempt to) make them realize that they're doing something seriously wrong with their games. C&C4 got poor reviews, Simcity 2013 relies on broken servers and is rendered unplayable, and ME3 had such a bad ending before they released the patch. They have a whole bunch of great franchises, but they need time in order to climb back up to their previous levels of glory and remove the constant need for an internet connection. Microsoft removed that for Xbox One, why can't EA remove that for their games?