Syntax

THESLAMMERSS

Took a look at the map. Some lazy cover at one area but for the most part, it looks like a really good map. I think it's gonna play very well.

I did find some potential problems with it though.

There were some pieces that struck me us unnecessary.

One of these being the small platform that the Concussion Rifle is resting on. I think that are would do without it.

Another would be the wall dividing the ramp that leads to the Concussion Rifle. This makes walking up the ramp feel a little too tight and I think movement in that area would be better with the walls removed.

I also see some problems with the weapons an powerups. This map is for 2v2 and 1v1, yes? Then I suggest removing the Overshield. For 2v2, OS should be fine but if you throw 1v1 into the mix...

Then there's the Concussion Rifle placement. You put it in a location where Red team is guaranteed to have it. Sure Blue can chuck grenades in there but the result is usually inevitable. Which is Red having that power weapon.

You may say that the Blues in return have better access to the Sniper but I don't think that is good enough.

What I would do is only have the Concussion Rifle spawn at the start of the match and have the Sniper spawn later on. Then, I'd set the initial spawns to where both teams will be fighting for the Concussion Rifle at the start of a match.

This set up tends to work pretty well for 1v1/2v2 maps.

There were also some narrow paths somewhere in Blue base that I think made the paths too tight.

Also found an unnecessary respawn point near Blue spawn. It was placed at a very advantageous height. I suggest removing this respawn point. You want players fighting for the height advantage. Not having it handed to them at spawn.

Well, that's all I got. Keep in mind that my feedback is based off of observation in Forge mode. I haven't played the map. We should add this map to our 1v1 battles. :)
  • Like 1

Took a look at the map. Some lazy cover at one area but for the most part, it looks like a really good map. I think it's gonna play very well.

I did find some potential problems with it though.

There were some pieces that struck me us unnecessary.

One of these being the small platform that the Concussion Rifle is resting on. I think that are would do without it.

Another would be the wall dividing the ramp that leads to the Concussion Rifle. This makes walking up the ramp feel a little too tight and I think movement in that area would be better with the walls removed.

I also see some problems with the weapons an powerups. This map is for 2v2 and 1v1, yes? Then I suggest removing the Overshield. For 2v2, OS should be fine but if you throw 1v1 into the mix...

Then there's the Concussion Rifle placement. You put it in a location where Red team is guaranteed to have it. Sure Blue can chuck grenades in there but the result is usually inevitable. Which is Red having that power weapon.

You may say that the Blues in return have better access to the Sniper but I don't think that is good enough.

What I would do is only have the Concussion Rifle spawn at the start of the match and have the Sniper spawn later on. Then, I'd set the initial spawns to where both teams will be fighting for the Concussion Rifle at the start of a match.

This set up tends to work pretty well for 1v1/2v2 maps.

There were also some narrow paths somewhere in Blue base that I think made the paths too tight.

Also found an unnecessary respawn point near Blue spawn. It was placed at a very advantageous height. I suggest removing this respawn point. You want players fighting for the height advantage. Not having it handed to them at spawn.

Well, that's all I got. Keep in mind that my feedback is based off of observation in Forge mode. I haven't played the map. We should add this map to our 1v1 battles. :)

Thank you Zan for taking a look into this, yes we will definitely add this into our 1v1 pool. 

I agree with you about all the points you bring up but two, 

1. The angled wall in the middle of the ramp is meant to be a jump up towards what use to be over-shield spawn.

2. The narrow hallways by blue, yes technically i agree with you, but  i spent so much time trying to stay "inside the map" as my map kisses both boundaries towards the base map and the external kill boundary. If i try to open it up the player will be sucked into the map and get glued to the wall. I wish i had more room to forge out there, due to my mistake of turning the map 45 degrees. Though the narrow hallways are not that bad during the game play i have seen.

Thanks again Zan ill make these modifications asap! 

1. The angled wall in the middle of the ramp is meant to be a jump up towards what use to be over-shield spawn.

Not that one. I noticed that angled wall and its fine. I was talking about the one in front of Blue spawn.