Movies that should be games and movies that should not.

Ghost Pirate

Think of two movies that you think would be good games and two movies that would not, the only rule is these movies can't have already been made into games.

Here are my choices:

Movies that would make for good games:

Pacific Rim

Avengers

Movies that would not make for good games:

Driving Miss Daisy

Raising Arizona

• Like 1

Think of two movies that you think would be good games and two movies that would not, the only rule is these movies can't have already been made into games.

Here are my choices:

Movies that would make for good games:

Pacific Rim

Avengers

Movies that would not make for good games:

Driving Miss Daisy

Raising Arizona

The Pacific Rim game is absolutely awful. It's just as bad as Aliens Colonial Marines. 

• Like 1

The Pacific Rim game is absolutely awful. It's just as bad as Aliens Colonial Marines. 

I was not aware of a Pacific Rim game. In place of that, I choose Yojimbo.

If the Pacific Rim game is that bad, it is unfortunate because a great game could be made out of that concept.

• Like 1

I was not aware of a Pacific Rim game. In place of that, I choose Yojimbo.

If the Pacific Rim game is that bad, it is unfortunate because a great game could be made out of that concept.

Yojimbo is a great movie I would not be against a video game adaptation of it. Though I'm sure Kurosawa would not approve.

2001 A Space Oddyssey could (if done faithfully and properly) make a great point and click adventure game.

An Applessed FPS game would be interesting

Movies that would not make good games

Carrie

Chinatown

I think a more suitable topic, is what games should be made into movies.

Games these days have much more compelling storylines than your modern blockbusters.

Games that should be made into (cinema, feature-film) movies:

-Halo.

-Mass Effect.

+ Bioshock.

Games that should not:

-Call of Duty.

-Doodle Jump.

• Like 2

Games these days have much more compelling storylines than your modern blockbusters.

-Halo.

-Mass Effect.

+ Bioshock.

Games that should not:

-Call of Duty.

-Doodle Jump.

A would like to see a mass effect movie but lets face it to scram a 24 plus experience in to 2 hours or a second part is just hard. :thumbsup:

-Halo.

-Mass Effect.

+ Bioshock.

Games that should not:

-Call of Duty.

-Doodle Jump.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on Mass Effect and Bioshock.

Mass Effects plot when compared to most sci-fi movies (2001, Akira, Blade Runner) is very weak. A lot of its main plot is recycled from classic sci-fi (Arthur C Clarkes Childhoods End comes to mind). It's characters are mostly stagnant and don't really develp that much. The female characters tend to develop only up until you have sex with them. All of this stuff works well in the context of a video game but in my opinion taken out of the medium it would be a complete mess.

Bioshock has a great story however part of what makes the story so excellent is that it's minimalist. In order for it to become a movie I think it would have to add a lot more to the actual plot, which could really end up perverting the source material.

-Halo.

-Mass Effect.

+ Bioshock.

Games that should not:

-Call of Duty.

-Doodle Jump.

that is exactly what i would say

plus another bad movie would be minecraft

Edited by haloman 2

-Halo.

-Mass Effect.

+ Bioshock.

Games that should not:

-Call of Duty.

-Doodle Jump.

+1 to Halo

+1 to Mass Effect

These are my two favorite video game series and I would love to see a movie made about either of them, though whoever made the movie would probably ruin it. 

I'm going to add Dragon Age to the list, the first one might make an interesting movie if they did it right. 

you do know that district 9 was supposed to be halo but the directors kept disagreeing and had to fire some people realising that they still needed them so rehired them and then a few didn't take the job then everyone quit but then started back up to try to keep making it and in the end the other directer quit and made the ideas they used to try to make halo into district 9.

also we already have a halo movie. forward unto dawn. so we may not need another halo movie.

not im joking about not needing another halo movie. id love another one