L4D3 and Source 2 possible confirmation

I really think I should not be stirring the pot here, but I also think there's a chance this may be true.

Anyway in a new Article on IGN, what seems to be a leak of Left 4 Dead 3's existence seems to have sprouted from this source: Valve's Bellevue-based offices.

In the article it says, "A keen-eyed Dota 2 player, touring the offices as part of The International 3 tournament, took a snap of an internal change log that apparently lists both Left 4 Dead 3, and Source 2 as current projects. The below photo compliments a similar 'leak' via internal Valve documentation in June, although we have not verified the validity of either."

L4D3-610x406.jpg

L4D3-zoomed-in-610x343.jpg

"While co-founder Gabe Newell has been open (but unspecific) about Valve's work on a Next-gen game engine, development on Left 4 Dead 3 has yet to be confirmed."

For those holding a magnifying glass up to the screen, we'll save you the effort: there's no mention of Half-Life 3."

So... Well then. Part of me thinks that any future Left 4 Dead/Half-Life 3 game is dead in the water, but another part of me really hopes this is the truth and not some hoax.

What do you think?

• Like 2

My apologies for not seeing this OP before reporting it myself. I owe you an apology and simply let me know via PM the next time you post a news story and I will move it, promote it and what ever else we do with them dang things!

It's alright man. So long as the story gets out then I'm fine with anything you guys do.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I absolutely believe this.... "Ok we're gonna make blockbuster games, but make it only a 2 game series"

Like com'on! They always stop at 2!

Well look at it this way. How could they create a game that holds so much anticipation from an Info hungry community? A community that is asking for Hell in a Handbasket and everything out of expectation?

Well look at it this way. How could they create a game that holds so much anticipation from an Info hungry community? A community that is asking for Hell in a Handbasket and everything out of expectation?

What do you think the development team got nervous and didn't want to release a game? Ha jk I understand what your sayin'