Pulse grenades

kowloon

a tip besides throwing a pulse when they have no shields? though it doesnt work half the time.

another thing to do would be to equip grenadier which gives you an extra grenade, very handy since the pulse in the loadout only gives you 1

you can also try throwing grenades and hope near death enemies walk into it.

it was so hard for me to get a kill with a pulse. 2 weeks into playing, i got lucky and got 1 kill. valentines day comes and ive gotten it up to tier 1

the bad thing about this grenade is when it hits something (wall, sky, ect).

hopes this helps

I have never used these grenades, nor do I plan on using them. the only advice that I can think of, is going into objective playlists and throwing those grenades on the objective. An example being, tossing one into a hill controlled by enemy players

you gave me an idea. go into multi team and hope you start a KOTH match from start (preferablly Haven) and throw some at the top center hill (alpha i think; it the hill where the 2 lifts go to)

plus, im only using them to complete the commendation

Im sorry, chalanges like the pulse grenade and plasma pistol mastery are unfair. Because they are such situational weapons. My advice? Just camp somewhere with a plamsa pistole. When you see someone coming, charge the plasma pistol and break their shields upon entering your area. Then quickly spam pulse grenades and hope it works.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Pulse Grenades may look cool and sound mean, but their bark is worse than their bite. Another good use for them is blocking a doorway, and that's about it aside from lobbing them at active hills in KOTH. There's probably some creative way to use them in a minigame, but I haven't tried anything with them yet.

1. Run up to someone and punch them in the face

2. Throw a pulse grenade at their feet

Dead.

1. Plasma pistol a vehicle

2. Throw a pulse grenade on it and try to plasma it again before it takes off <<this one used to work, but they made changes way back when that they didn't tell us about in the title updates that nerfed wheelman and other such things.

Also, start using them as martydom 'nades. You're in a battle, you know you're going to die, you throw the pulse grenade on them right before you die. Chances are they're weak too and you start to get kills with them.

I just checked at HaloTracker and my pulse grenades are:

587 #25

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm also going for the commendations as much as possible. This weapon is definitely on my least favorite list.

I did see some good advice in here, thank you one and all.

This weapon does not live up to the kind of damage that limits you to just ONE in your load-out. For Sparks Sake, you are allowed to use them in Forerunner SWAT.

Edited by DeadStarRevenant666
Thread locked, please do not revive dead threads.

• 1 month later...

I don't like pulse grenades because they're stationary and limited to an area. My best advise is to throw it at someone who doesn't have their shields. It could also work on game types where you don't have shields, ex: SWAT, Flood....those are the only ones I can remember of right now