Some Questions for Staff?

GIory

Suppose someone wanted Mark VI and modded for it in Halo 4, nothing else. Is a ban necessary in this situation, like no one has a advantage? No headless spartans. I get this is a stupid question, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm new here. 

Thanks,

343i

this includes emblems, weapons etc....

OK, First of all, this isn't 343 Industries' forums. Second of all, you don't need to mod Mark VI for Halo 4; its in the game. Third of all, if you mod in matchmaking you WILL get banned. Fourth, why are you calling yourself 343i?

However, any and all mods are allowed in things like customs as long as you don't put virus' into our Xbox's or something.

BaconShelf agrees with the above post.

Seriously, it's the easyist of the lot. Or you could wait until the MK V is released and use that.

People will be able to know by looking at your campaign progress as well.

Armour modding. Emblem modding, weapon modding. Anything that gives you an unfair advantage gets bans.

Why should I have had to pole through my campaign solo when someone else types a code and gets it for free?

I am tempted to delete this thread for the simple reason being, "What idiot would publicly state cheating when a permaban is the result while displaying their gamer tag?"...........I think it is a troll thread personally, but it will stand as an example. Heck, I may even pin the dang thing, lol.

• Like 4

pin it pin it pin it

now onto the thread

here Is all you need to know about modding

if you mod and go online Microsoft descend on you like hawks and well you're console gets a nice perma ban enjoy now what is a perma ban you ask a perma ban bans you're console from ever going online again as well as that account but now here is how to get the mark 5 or 5 the mark 5 helmet armour set comes out in august and the mark 6 you can get by playing legendry legendry is very easy

:thumbsup:

I'm not a troll. All I want to know is what exactly would happen

Basically modding of any type is a bannable offence: because you'd be modding something that's technically connected to online play, that would probably translate into a permanent ban for your account, as any kind of online mods are considered cheating, even if they don't actually have any effect on gameplay.

More importantly, the Mark VI armour is something of a status symbol for most players: it shows that they've had the skill necessary to beat the campaign and they want to show off how good they are. If 343i were to allow people to just pick up whatever appearance they wanted, it would kind of take way that sense of achievement for a lot of the players who've worked really hard to earn their armour. And if they'd really wanted us to have all that armour available whenever we wanted it, we'd be able to use it whenever we wanted it.

If you really want the Mark VI armour but are struggling with Legendary, try posting a invite in the Game Invitations forum. As far as I can remember it's possible to earn it by playing co-op, and I'm sure there would be others willing to help you.

• Like 1

Basically modding of any type is a bannable offence: because you'd be modding something that's technically connected to online play, that would probably translate into a permanent ban for your account, as any kind of online mods are considered cheating, even if they don't actually have any effect on gameplay.

More importantly, the Mark VI armour is something of a status symbol for most players: it shows that they've had the skill necessary to beat the campaign and they want to show off how good they are. If 343i were to allow people to just pick up whatever appearance they wanted, it would kind of take way that sense of achievement for a lot of the players who've worked really hard to earn their armour. And if they'd really wanted us to have all that armour available whenever we wanted it, we'd be able to use it whenever we wanted it.

If you really want the Mark VI armour but are struggling with Legendary, try posting a invite in the Game Invitations forum. As far as I can remember it's possible to earn it by playing co-op, and I'm sure there would be others willing to help you.

Thanks for being helpful, unlike others.

• 3 weeks later...

My son has been playing halo reach for less that 8 hours. He was banned for like 30 minutes from matchmaking for no reason at all. He was not cursing he was not using modes. he was not using fowl language and he was not quitting any games. I want to know why he would have been banned. I looked over the code of conduct for both xbox and halo and he has done nothing to violate the bilaws. I am so furious. Please someone give me some insight.

My son has been playing halo reach for less that 8 hours. He was banned for like 30 minutes from matchmaking for no reason at all. He was not cursing he was not using modes. he was not using fowl language and he was not quitting any games. I want to know why he would have been banned. I looked over the code of conduct for both xbox and halo and he has done nothing to violate the bilaws. I am so furious. Please someone give me some insight.

PM me exact details, and I will see if I can help, or you can ask in the SB. Whichever you prefer.

By the time you figure it out, the ban will be over anyway...

• Like 1

Suppose someone wanted Mark VI and modded for it in Halo 4, nothing else. Is a ban necessary in this situation, like no one has a advantage? No headless spartans. I get this is a stupid question, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm new here. 

Thanks,

343i

this includes emblems, weapons etc....

yes you can mod. of course you can mod on halo 4 When modding tho please inform everyone in the game your playing with so they understand also.

Unless its game types and forge maps; 343 doesn't give one. They liked the Gun Game mod!

does 343 have to copy the game modes from the latest call of duties? luckily, theres one gametype i like in AS or i wouldnt touch that playlist

if you enjoy shortcuts instead of working for it, then have fun. tonights special will be a delicious ban with a side of a console ban

When modding tho please inform everyone in the game your playing with so they understand also.

want to inform 343 and microsoft to? they will surely understand

• 2 weeks later...