New Brute Weapon Ideas for Halo 5

So, many people think that Brutes should return in Halo 5. I completely agree. They were fun enemies to fight and had some of the best weapons and vehicles. However, it struck me that the Brutes may have developed new weapons in the 4 years (or more, considering the time gap between Halo 4-5). So my question is: what kinds of weapons do you think the Brutes would need in Halo 5, and what weapons of old do you think should remain in their arsenal? I have a few ideas of my own as well. 1. A primitive medium-long range rifle (the Brutes need something like this of their own. Heavy damage per shot (not as much as a sniper, but more than a BR or DMR), but possibly has no scope. A blade under the stock (cool animation idea: knock enemy down, grab this rifle by the barrel, and slash the blade across the head or chest). Design-wise, imagine something similar to the Breechshot from Gears of War. 2. A replacement/improvement of the Spiker (more rifle-looking, large bayonet under the barrel, but fires the same kind of projectiles). Kinda treat it how the Plasma Rifle was made into the Storm Rifle. Design-wise, similar to Retro Lancer, also from GoW (I know it may seem like copying, but these kinds of weapons just scream Brute to me) 3. Keep the Brute Shot. It was great and fun to use (so much better than the lousy Concussion Rifle). Also keep the Mauler, as well as the Spike and Incendiary Grenades.

• Like 1

If u watch the return (mini video made by 343) about the war agianst the elites and brutes they said that the prophets previded the brutes with new powerful weaponds. so there should be new weaponds but i have no idea how they are going to be. And that video is after the war in h3

I was kinda bummed that the only reference of the Brutes was in the Halo 4 Prologue. I really wanted more reference to them since they've been with Halo for awhile, but it is what it is.

For anther game it would be complicated to have them. I know Spartan Assault has them, but in what way I don't know. The Elites (the separatists) were at total war with the Brutes by the end of Halo 3 with the goal of decimating them. I know the Storm Covenant has Elites, but I don't think they'll be likely to forgive any Brutes since they pretty much threw them out of their positions in Halo 2, but you never know. The Loyalists might be willing to work with them since the destruction of the Humans is a common goal for the both of them. The Brutes highly destructive nature may cause allot of clashes in leadership, but it could possibly work.

I highly think the Brutes will be encountered as a 3rd army to the Prometheans and Storm Covenant, who align themselves with no one, maybe even a Separate faction of Covenant. Maybe they join up with the Storm I don't know I'm just speculating here.

Now on the note on weapons. There is so much fresh territory to be explored with Brute Weapons. I definitely feel that some old favorites like the Mauler, and Brute Shot could make a reappearance but with new games comes a feeling for new weapons. You're definitely hitting the nail with you're descriptions. We could maybe have a melee weapon that is like a metallic whip. Something similar to the Electric guy's (that guy with the whips in Iron Man 2. I can't remember his name) electrified whips. Like you can grip someone who's a ways away, bring them in or throw them up in the air, and slam them into the ground or something... well that's a little too extreme. Maybe it could be just a Campaign only weapon idk.

Or maybe a knife throwing shotgun, that works similar to the Scattershot, but the blades fly waaay farther, but have more damage, and bounce off everywhere. To make it balanced with the Scattershot the reload or primary fire could be really slow, maybe as slow as the Sawed Off Shotgun in Gears of War 3.

Oooh that makes me think. A knife throwing grenade, or maybe just a Brute tomahawk. Similar to the Spike grenade from Halo 3, but works in a different fashion. I def don't want it to be too similar to the Tomahawk from Black Ops, so lets say the grenade is more easily thrown than the frag grenade, and flys and bounces everywhere, with a loong detonation time, but with a low blast radius, but not that powerful. Plus it won't stick to anyone, it'll just bounce off like a frag. Maybe the Explosives SU or TP (I can't remember which one it's in) can bring it up to the power of the Frag.

All wicked ideas, ma1ne? You go places some wont and im stumped, stoked aswell. Will deffinitly post later but for now posters, think super high heat and low-medium explosive. Maybe some kinda gravity rifle grav hammer mixed with beam rifle. Large splash damage, and maybe some kinda of poisen blow gun used outta the trees by guilly snipers not useable as a gun but a melee weapon. I try to keep my mind as primal as i can when thinkin about brutes, apes man. Pokin a termite mound with a stick an having lunch. Maybe a crude shotgun that fires twigs and stones so it has infinite ammo all the time. Woll post lter

In regard to how to fit the Brutes into the story, I think the Didact could convince the Storm Covenant that serve him and the remaining Brutes to unite for a common cause: the extermination of Humanity. As for their new weapons being made, the Covenant didn't make many of their weapons. I know they made the Brute Plasma Rifle and the Beam Rifle, but other than that, the Brutes used their own brutish, semi-primitive designs. As for Brute melee weapons, we already know that the Gravity Hammer will make a return, but I also know that (canonically) the Brutes were issued combat "knives", but a knife to a Brute is more like a machete to us...Here's a link for as to what they look like: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100603213031/halo/images/3/37/Jiralhanae_Combat_Knife_02.jpg

@kittens, the Brutes aren't quite as primitive as you may think. Before the Covenant assimilated them, they had already achieved space travel. The problem with Brutes is their violence to one another. Warring tribes pummeled each other into pre-industrial states and got rid of much of their technology in wars of attrition. In the warrior mentality of Brutes, the only technology worth keeping intact is apparently weaponry. An interesting fact is that before Tartarus (the Brute Chieftain in Halo 2) killed his uncle for the title and took the Fist of Rukt (ceremonial Gravity Hammer), his preferred weapon in melee combat was an unloaded Covenant Carbine... That's what he used to kill his uncle Maccaebus.

If u watch the return (mini video made by 343) about the war agianst the elites and brutes they said that the prophets previded the brutes with new powerful weaponds. so there should be new weaponds but i have no idea how they are going to be. And that video is after the war in h3

I just watched "The Return", as what you said got me curious. However, I'd like to clarify the point that the Prophets gave the Brutes new weapons in the form of improving their existing technology, as well as providing Power Armor to allow for the Brutes to be better protected. The battles depicted in the video take place after Halo 2 (with such genocidal raids against the Brutes continuing even after Halo 3). This doesn't make it any less credible of an idea that the Brutes can make their own instruments of war, however, especially since they can base many of the designs after those of the weapons they already have and those that they took during the Human-Covenant War e.g. the Shotguns and Rocket Launchers found in the Brutes' weapon caches toward the end of Halo 2.

I just watched "The Return", as what you said got me curious. However, I'd like to clarify the point that the Prophets gave the Brutes new weapons in the form of improving their existing technology, as well as providing Power Armor to allow for the Brutes to be better protected. The battles depicted in the video take place after Halo 2 (with such genocidal raids against the Brutes continuing even after Halo 3). This doesn't make it any less credible of an idea that the Brutes can make their own instruments of war, however, especially since they can base many of the designs after those of the weapons they already have and those that they took during the Human-Covenant War e.g. the Shotguns and Rocket Launchers found in the Brutes' weapon caches toward the end of Halo 2.

the war agianst the elites and brutes still continues, (even after h4 takes place) he speaks it about been 6 years and they are still war with eachothers. so if arbiter will be back in h5 it also mean that the brutes should be back.... hoppfully and so the rest of the covenant.

I am aware the Elites and Brutes are still fighting. I only meant to clarify that the Brutes were given their power armor between Halo 2 and 3. However, I'm still not sure whether or not the Arbiter will return in Halo 5. I hope he does, if they can fit him into the story, but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him in the games.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought of a cool idea to bring brutes back. All brutes were thought to be destroyed... When an elite leader stumbled upon a planet inhabited by brutes. Still upset from the brutes replacing them, he takes the brutes as slaves. While many earned the right to fight for him with their brutal weaponry, many remained slaves. So in halo 5 master chief stumbles along an elite general and his slave. The slave attempts to escape and tries to melee the elite. The elites turns on the brutes electric collar quickly and the brute falls to the ground. The elite pulls out his sword and right when he is about to kill the brute, master chief snaps the elite's neck from behind. They awkwardly exchange glances when the brute appears to charge chief. Master chief jumps to the side and the brute tackles and rips a jackal sniper apart who was about to shoot chief. The brute sarcastically says no need to thank me. And chief says I'll thank you when this war is over. The brute becomes an ally and helps you fight the covenant including his race. Brutes were really cool to fight. They should stay the tougher, stronger, scarier enemies. It was so awesome when the brute chieftain ran at you full speed deflecting your bullets and activating invincibility. Of course they better bring back their weapons and vehicles! As for their weapons, it would be cool if they have a giant turret that you move extremely slow with unless two people hold it. There could also be a spear with extremely sharp and electrified blades. It could be thrown up to 20 feet but would be an instant kill. It could also be a melee weapon of course.

• 4 weeks later...
I remember that in Halo Glasslands and Halo Thursday War they specifically mention Brutes working for Elites (although there was a Brute terroist attack). It is very possible that Brutes could be included in the campaign as hired guns for the Elites.

I like it, but the elites hate the brutes so I don't see how that would work.