Railgun Turret

BaconShelf

So, a new warthog turret idea; a Railgun turret. Before people say we have too many, allow me to explain.

The Railgun turret is a one-shot against infantry and light vehicles, with little/no effects on heavier vehicles. The weapon would require a charge up of about 2-3 seconds. I can think of it as a less OP Guass turret, which dominates everything.

Sounds good, I'd be happy if they had this in Halo 5, heck they could replace Rocket Hog with it. One question, would it have the throwing effect on smaller vehicles (as the Railgun and Concussion Rifle have) if it's not a direct/critical hit?

• 1 month later...

I think they should replace the gauss hog with this. But it still shuld do quite a bit of damage against heavier vehicles. Not as much as gauss but considerably more than default. So the default will be better for infantry, railgun would be better for vehicles. Perfect! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sort of imagine it as less damage than a Guass hog (a little bit) but a 1-2 second charge to give people time to avoid it.

@Maestro whatever happened to the stationary Warthog Turrets Ron ODST? They were so cool... Shame we can't forge them:(

• 2 months later...

A railgun turret as a placeable turret would be nice, but having it on a Warthog renders either it or the gauss hog unnecessary. 

I agree with this. The Gauss hog is just a bigger more powerful railgun. A RailGun turrent for Dominon would be cool for custom maps.

Also a Splaser hog sounds neat but I wouldn't want that in matchmaking maybe it should be just available for forge maps? AND WHY NOT PUT THE TROOP TRANSPORT HOG IN FOR GULITYS SAKE 

I don't know why the UNSC don't have a tank with a Railgun.

Because the UNSC doesn't have people like you designing their vehicles 

• Like 1

I think this is a great idea, but I think the one thing I would like to suggest as to keep it from becoming OP, is with light vehicles like the ghost, maybe not destroy it one hit but in two. I believe this would be a great wharthog turret for competitive play, and I'd love to see this in Halo 5. Great Idea, M&M

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

You know what I'd like: a buffed up version of the normal machinegun turret for anti-air. Make it have a section you stand on (like a warthog turret) and it would be split into three spinning coils with dozens of barrels in each, essentially a triple minigun. However, it would have a spin-up time before firing, it would overheat pretty fast, and you could not unmount the turret (makes sense considering it is THREE miniguns in one). You'd have to be pretty accurate with it because if you miss too many shots you'd overheat before killing the incoming banshee, so although it'd be extremely powerful (being able to shred through banshees efficiently), it'd take a lot of skill to use. Probably only for BTB though, as this thing would be pretty OP in 4v4 or 5v5. Maybe it would also have limited ammo, and said ammo would regenerate over time as the team gets more kills without using it. Perhaps a good alternative for personal ordnance, at least in BTB. The two vehicles that could be used to counter the turret could be Scorpions and Manti/Mantises, maybe they would have extra damage resistance against the turret.

What do y'all think?

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Thread locked, please do not revive dead threads.