Exceed. & Claxon. (BTB Bundle)

Blaze.

Hey everyone. Today i'm bringing you guys some big team battle maps, Claxon and Exceed. 

Claxon.

Built in a U shape the maps geometry lightly resembles sidewinder and it's halo 3 remake avalanche. An aesthetics influence you will see right away when entering the map is a similar turbine as we saw in zanzabar and last resort.

Claxon supports 12 - 16 players and is set up for CTF, Oddball and Slayer.

130411-1205-21_zpsb9b33228.jpg

130411-1204-15_zps1efc4c81.jpg

130411-1203-12_zps20845376.jpg

130411-1207-22_zps1f26c6a5.jpg

130411-1206-47_zpsf33c1a29.jpg

130411-1206-08_zps89423f77.jpg

Exceed.

​Very reminiscent to classic base to base maps like blood gultch, coag and valhalla but compact making it better for player to player combat to go on while having all those awesome vehicular battles. The middle of the map hosts a forerunner structure on one side and a tighter rocky corridor on the other sorrounded by elivated paths.

Exceed supports 12 - 16 players and is set up for CTF, Flood and Slayer.

130411-1022-03_zps2af87e07.jpg

130411-1022-23_zpsd28860e2.jpg

130411-1024-39_zpsa0dc1364.jpg

130411-1025-27_zps9b6e720a.jpg

130411-1025-37_zps16316e92.jpg

130411-1025-00_zpsc25d79ba.jpg

130411-1022-42_zps9e770ee8.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Psychoduck

Claxon looks really cool.  The sort of two-base canyon map Exceed is tends to have problems, but it looks like you at least accounted for most of them.  I'll look at both of these.  It would really help if you had posted some download links in here though.

Thanks Lankey, I hope you have some fun on them.

And thank you psycho duck. :) Whatre some of the problems you had with it? I'm limited on pieces but I will try and work them out better. Also, sorry, i want sure how to do link them though here is a link to my fileshare.

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/whos%20blaze/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0

Guest Psychoduck

Whoa... modded canvas much?  There were things I liked and didn't like about both maps after looking at them for a while.  

Both are very terrain based, and while you were able to do a lot with the terrain with your hundreds of extra rocks, the terrain is still not overly compelling and the lack of structure on Claxon makes this a problem.  Some areas still remain very flat, although some of the rock canyons do feel very cool.  There's just not a lot to the map though, and the turbine centerpeice, while interesting, felt rather out of place.  It's really just the lack of structure on this map that's a problem, and while some of your rocky terrain is cool, there's still a lot of flat open grass.

We (I was looking at these with Flying Shoe ILR, another experienced BTB forger) liked Exceed a lot better.  The terrain with all of the rocks was pretty cool, although the driving paths felt a bit awkward in places, especially given that driving on the rock 5s wasn't very smooth.  The map does a solid job of avoiding most of the inherent problems in canyon maps, although the center still feels a bit too flat and open.  The bases are very generic BTB bases as well, although I suppose that is to support the maps efforts to hearken back to Blood Gulch.  Let's say i like this map, but was not impressed by it.  Particularly with the fact that it uses a modded canvas.

I see. I've definitely went out of my way to make the maps quite open in areas and lack of structures to add even more of a classic feel. Besides that, the amount of objects you can use in a modded map is very very small, If I were to have made smaller maps there would have been much more going on at least with the terrain. Another small factor is the lighting, while making my structural parts of the maps I tried to refrain from too many objects close to eachother because they all seem too blend when the lighting is broken. This all being said, I do agree with you, if i had the pieces to make more complex big team maps, i absolutely would have. The turbine, you aren't the only one who has said this to me. It may seem out of place because it had been seen in a different setting already and we are not used too it. Regardless it was just an idea for justified aesthetic cover.

I'm glad you liked exceed even if it wasn't too impressive. I'm surprised how well it actually turned out seeing as it was an experiment to build a coag style map just to get used to using the mod and the new pieces. The vehicular are mainly supposed to stay on the ground floor and have trouble anywhere else so that player would have an advantage on the outskirts of the map. I do wish after play testing it a few times that I could have widened up the hog routes, it didn't seem like a problem when people were using them though. After completing the map I went back in and tried to build a urban building for each of the bases but it was too cluttered and I ended up running out of pieces shortly starting.

I am over all pretty content with how they turned out personally. I do wish they were a bit more appealing to you, as I'm probably not going to be building anymore classic style btb maps but I feel enough people have enjoyed these to say it was worth releasing. :) Thanks for the long reply even considering most of the constructive parts of it is out of my control for these maps specifically.