My opinion on Forge Island and the community in general

Jack Of Harts

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which game has the better forge mode?

• Halo 4
    • Halo: Reach

A lot of the community have been complaining about Forge Island, but I really like this map. Sure it doesn't look as nice as Forge World, but they're trying. They released it for free, what's there to complain about? You don't have any of the annoying aspects from Forge World, like terrain poking through the floors, blocking off most of the map with walls, etc but they don't seem to realise Halo 4 forge has advantages over it's Reach counterpart as well.

1. Flat lands, meaning easier to build on.

2. No more blocking off most of the map with walls.

3. More pieces available, pending on which map you're on.

4. Forge Island has placeable trees, which is a nice touch.

5. Halo 4 has magnets meaning easier building.

6. Halo 4 has 4 different maps, as opposed to the one, and each have unique environments.

7. Gravity zones and trait zones are useful.

8. Ordnance drops, vehicle pads, sentry turrets, etc.

9. (I almost forgot this) Being able to duplicate pieces, allowing you to build faster.

People call Halo 4 out for it's disadvantages over Reach, yet don't seem to be aware of it's many advantages.

So, what's better? Halo 4 Forge or Halo Reach forge. I personally prefer Halo 4 forge, but if you prefer Halo Reach, please state your reasons :)

If you prefer Reach, that's fine. But don't hate on Halo 4 just because of it's disadvantages. Look at it's advantages as well, and just have fun!

• Like 1

Halo 4 Forge is definately better than Reach and Halo 3, though sadly due to a glitch/bug or whatever the fine tuning and zoom functions are disfunctional. The magnet system needs more improvement too, but that is really just a minor issue for me. I thought Forge Island was coming out April 11? I'm a bit in the dark until my new xbox arrives. Basically overheaded the vid card last weekend. Can't wait to forge on Forge Island! CV

Halo 4's Forge pallet is so much better than Reach's. A lot of people conplain about the lack of precision editing, but there's a simple way around it. Also, Forge Island = Best thing to come to Halo Forge ever.

I think there will always be people who want to complain. Personally, I grew so bored with Reach that I sold the game and bought Battlefield 3 while I waited for Halo 4. I was struck by the lack of distinctive coloring--the grey blandness of it all. Halo 4 has surpassed this fundamental flaw, and maps can have much better distinction and less blandness when done properly. Forge will never be everything we want, and the limitations are actually a benefit at times because limitations sometimes force creativity.

CV

Jerry, the map was released WAY ahead of schedule. It's available for download, and you can forge trees

oh yes so I noticed the minute after I poster the comment.

But anyway, I have already made a few maps, but on one of my maps the budget prevented me from finishing it. so I have heard rumors that you could glitch the budget so it increases sames thing with trees you can get infinit trees if you want, anyone else heard of this? can I find a tutorial of how to do it? I have played a map in reach where there were more lights than you can build so I belive its some sort of same thing, but you have to download much mods to you xbox and so on, am I right?

You can download modded maps with increased download limit. I'll PM the gamertag if you wish.

I miss the lights on objects in Reach, as the paint for team colours is barely noticeable now. Otherwise, I live the new pallet. I just wish there were more forerunner and covenant things.(ruins and camps etc)

The dominion and extraction stuff is great for aesthetics now, so that's already +1 from Reach.

Personally, although magnets and duplication are useful, I far too often find myself turning magnets on and off repeatedly because they can get very annoying more often than not.  I wish we still had precision editing because doing asthetics is a pain now.  I wanted interesting terrain to forge, I thought with the original 3 forge maps we had plenty of space, but we get even more boring terrain in halo 4.  Most of my complaints about halo 4's forge however are in the gametypes.  It's hard to make good custom gametypes for maps without insane, zombie traits, etc.  and some of my favorite gametypes (invasion, 1-flag, race, insane, assault) have been removed

Hey there fellow forgers! My name is JC, I have been an avid forger since the days of halo 3. I recently created a group called Friday Night Customs where talented forgers can get feedback and advice in a friendly atmosphere. Our goal is to bring together the Halo community and help our generation of forgers excel at what they do best. What if I'm not a good forger? you may ask.... The answer is that it doesn't matter. We accept all types of gamers :] If you guys are interested, please msg me at my GT: PRV JCs and like/join our Facebook page at Facebook.com/FridayNightCustoms. I hope to hear from you guys soon, and keep up the good work!

Hey there fellow forgers! My name is JC, I have been an avid forger since the days of halo 3. I recently created a group called Friday Night Customs where talented forgers can get feedback and advice in a friendly atmosphere. Our goal is to bring together the Halo community and help our generation of forgers excel at what they do best. What if I'm not a good forger? you may ask.... The answer is that it doesn't matter. We accept all types of gamers :] If you guys are interested, please msg me at my GT: PRV JCs and like/join our Facebook page at Facebook.com/FridayNightCustoms. I hope to hear from you guys soon, and keep up the good work!

Thanks Juan. You can add me. I am always looking for custom game lobbies to test and critique mine and other maps. GT CrimsonVolver.

CV :wallbash:

PS Post this in some of the other forum topics, like game invites and other Forge topics, plus start a new post.

• Like 1