Idea/Armor Ability: Drop Surge

Ryu♥Hayabusa

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• Drop Surge would be great either way!
    • I'd prefer it to cost you your shields...
    • I'd rather it immobilize you for two seconds...
    • I don't like this idea that much, though it is kinda cool.
    • Your idea sucks!

Drop Surge: Drop Surge allows the user to detonate a gravitational device that blows back any nearby enemy within a short radius at the cost of their own shields due to the force released. Enemies are not damaged. Resets Shield regen time. Slightly affects vehicles. Allies are only half affected.

AOE: Same as Regen Field.

Cooldown: Same as Regen Field.

Distance enemies get thrown back: Just about a mongoose's length past the edge of the AOE.

Counter: Thruster Pack.

Alternatively, it can keep the user from moving for two seconds instead of taking their shields due to the gravitational forces.

What do you think?

Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa
  • Like 2

Like all ideas if it is implemnted correctly it could work, but would it also work on allies? if so it could be a problem to some say 2 snipers are being ambushed 1 of them notices and activates the field killing the amushers (fall of a ledge) but also makes the second sniper miss a shot and nearly kills him, sniper 2 gets angry and a screem fest could begin, just outlining a possible downside but i like the idea

• Like 1

This sounds like cool concept. So like a large Gravity hammer effect around your character that throws scenery, players, and rockets? If it could push vehicles even a little (not enough to completely deflect a warthog or ghost, but maybe cause them to roll or wobble) it would be what Reach's armour-lock should have been.

• Like 2

This sounds like cool concept. So like a large Gravity hammer effect around your character that throws scenery, players, and rockets? If it could push vehicles even a little (not enough to completely deflect a warthog or ghost, but maybe cause them to roll or wobble) it would be what Reach's armour-lock should have been.

yes definitely 

this idea sounds very interesting. i love it. i think it should immobilize you and take most of your shields down though

yes definitely 

this idea sounds very interesting. i love it. i think it should immobilize you and take most of your shields down though

Being a slow recharge like Regen Field, I think one or the other would suffice. Being immobile for two seconds AND with your shields at half charge is devastating.

• Like 1

I figure it should affect vehicles and allies normally. This means that it won't save you from a speeding Warthog or Ghost, but it will allow you to, if you're hiding behind a Warthog for cover, throw that cover right at your enemies. Which is awesome.

Being a slow recharge like Regen Field, I think one or the other would suffice. Being immobile for two seconds AND with your shields at half charge is devastating.

you are very right it would be devastating. but it would even it out. or so i think it would

i had an idea a lot like this too. but it's a bit more of a full round shield around you or your team mates.

you are very right it would be devastating. but it would even it out. or so i think it would

i had an idea a lot like this too. but it's a bit more of a full round shield around you or your team mates.

its just a drop shield then, which they should bring back

• Like 1

All it needs is a longer recharge time. Or deployable cover. I'm actually going to make a topic about some of my AA ideas now.

same here

@PP The Drop Shield should go back to being equipment; as an armor ability it stifled the flow of game-play.

its just a drop shield then, which they should bring back

definitly. DS NEEDS to come back. i love it and was beast with it. same with halo three. and it did stifle game play as an AA. and it would be a lot like a DS but not quite. all it also does is take your shield down when used and and launch crates, enemies, and pushes vehicles like the shed and hog, but it also launches the goose and ghost. i have stated this same ability a few times before this one was made in other threads. but it really does sound A LOT like the one this thread is about

This idea is very interesting, although I would like it to affect vehicles though. Maybe have it immobilize you for 2 seconds due to an animation, as well as making you unable to shoot. I'd definitely use it.

I agree. It should affect all objects, including vehicles. Perhaps there could be an enhancement you could earn through specialties or whatever that could allow for more concentrated use of this armor ability, more directional. If you manage to kill other players by "splatter," etc you would get the kill points. Also, this would make for an interesting form of Hockey in a Custom Game.

• Like 1

I agree. It should affect all objects, including vehicles. Perhaps there could be an enhancement you could earn through specialties or whatever that could allow for more concentrated use of this armor ability, more directional. If you manage to kill other players by "splatter," etc you would get the kill points. Also, this would make for an interesting form of Hockey in a Custom Game.

now that! would be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The only time that I think this could be useful would for defending objectives. It could easily prevent opponents from grabbing a flag or the oddball, but I don't see any usefulness in slayer gametypes

I disagree. I think it is somewhat like Armor Lock, but you are not invincible. As someone said below, an interesting way to defend objectives and deflect small vehicles or grenades. One of the perks to this Armor Ability could be you actually have a chance to break out of an assassination. You would be weakened, but the opponent would be briefly stunned and you would have a chance to attack back and possibly kill him instead. You could also use it to bait enemies into traps. I just thought of a cool Custom Gametype that would be a version of Flood/Infection. The Survivors would have this Armor Ability and the objective would be to trick Infected players into closet sized cages along the pathway. Each Flood you push into these boxes is respawned as a Survivor. This would bring Flood to a whole new and interesting level.

CV

• Like 2

that's a great idea CV

i really like it. I'm not sure if you could change the flood back into humans though

Well, it is not a stretch of the imagination. If survivors can respawn as Flood, than Flood can respawn as survivors. It would be an interesting spin on the Infection variant if it ever happened. CV

Well, it is not a stretch of the imagination. If survivors can respawn as Flood, than Flood can respawn as survivors. It would be an interesting spin on the Infection variant if it ever happened. CV

it would be a very good spin and it could be implemented very easily too i admit that

• Like 1

it would be a very good spin and it could be implemented very easily too i admit that

It would definitely add a new level to the Flood concept. I also mentioned in some other post an idea of a new Flood multiplayer variant where, as Flood, the longer you survive and kill survivors you mutate into a more powerful (Alpha) zombie. Likewise, if you start to die you will devolve back to the base form. Each new mutation would have different Flood Armor abilties and weapon choices.

CV

• Like 1