Forge enhancements from an 8 year old

SCPO

Greetings,

Forgive my noobness, as I created this account for one purpose only.  My 8 year old has been asking me daily to PLEASE post a suggestion for the next update to Forge.  Yes, I have seen other similar questions and comments, but maybe the more people that ask will help bring attention to these issues.  His ideas/questions are below:

1. Will there be an option to add objectives to Forge maps?

2. Please add AI/Enemy "spawn" points so you can pick/choose which enemies to fight on your map.

(Yes, I know it's an "M" rated game, but I completed the entire Campaign and Spartan Ops with him, even War Games -voice chat disabled- and he can kick my butt and he knows it's just a game.  He is lvl 53 and I'm only lvl 45 :laughing: )

You can add objective gametypes to maps. When in the forge lobby, change to game mode to the game type you want to forge, instead of basic editing(just like doing so in a custom game).

Second, The ability to forge Enemy AI (or allied AI for that matter) would be nice, but is incredibly hard to do for a console, as you would have to program the AI to the maps various paths and spawning. (ie, currently they would only see a blank world, so if there was a wall in between them and you, they would shoot at the wall, following your every move, but would never walk around the wall to actually deal them damage). Other similar basic problems would occur (for example, if you built a bridge, they would never use it, but try to jump the distance or move around the gap a longer way).

You can add objective gametypes to maps. When in the forge lobby, change to game mode to the game type you want to forge, instead of basic editing(just like doing so in a custom game).

Second, The ability to forge Enemy AI (or allied AI for that matter) would be nice, but is incredibly hard to do for a console, as you would have to program the AI to the maps various paths and spawning. (ie, currently they would only see a blank world, so if there was a wall in between them and you, they would shoot at the wall, following your every move, but would never walk around the wall to actually deal them damage). Other similar basic problems would occur (for example, if you built a bridge, they would never use it, but try to jump the distance or move around the gap a longer way).

if i remember perfict dark had a forge on N64, had ai spawn points, not sure about problems your talking about, i remeber they worked well. 343 cant do it cause they cant add to the game at that size without dlc. i doubt they will make any forge dlc's. 3 forge worlds is all you will see. i would just push for halo 5, but i doubt you will ever see it. firefight is gone and spartan ops is looking to be the new feature 343 is happy with, mainly cause in time they could make money on it. firefight maps where never forgable, and microsoft wants people to buy xbox live so anygame type that is not live will not work aka playing vs ai.  next gen xbox will kill any improvements on old games, and info on next gen says always live so i would not expect much for ai forge. sad.

if i remember perfict dark had a forge on N64, had ai spawn points, not sure about problems your talking about, i remeber they worked well. 343 cant do it cause they cant add to the game at that size without dlc. i doubt they will make any forge dlc's. 3 forge worlds is all you will see. i would just push for halo 5, but i doubt you will ever see it. firefight is gone and spartan ops is looking to be the new feature 343 is happy with, mainly cause in time they could make money on it. firefight maps where never forgable, and microsoft wants people to buy xbox live so anygame type that is not live will not work aka playing vs ai.  next gen xbox will kill any improvements on old games, and info on next gen says always live so i would not expect much for ai forge. sad.

Yes, that game was made that way. It had a "forge" with semi programmed AI. Since Halo has more factors going into AI (more variables for different gameplay every time) it is much harder to have forgeable AI. It can be done with mods, but it needs more than just a regular Xbox.

Edited by Sikslik7

Lets be honest, Halo doesn't deserve a M rating it like giving it a R if it were a movie.  I've been playing long before I turned 17.  *sigh* the good ol days

Greetings,

Forgive my noobness, as I created this account for one purpose only.  My 8 year old has been asking me daily to PLEASE post a suggestion for the next update to Forge.  Yes, I have seen other similar questions and comments, but maybe the more people that ask will help bring attention to these issues.  His ideas/questions are below:

1. Will there be an option to add objectives to Forge maps?

2. Please add AI/Enemy "spawn" points so you can pick/choose which enemies to fight on your map.

(Yes, I know it's an "M" rated game, but I completed the entire Campaign and Spartan Ops with him, even War Games -voice chat disabled- and he can kick my butt and he knows it's just a game.  He is lvl 53 and I'm only lvl 45 :laughing: )

• Like 1

Lets be honest, Halo doesn't deserve a M rating it like giving it a R if it were a movie.  I've been playing long before I turned 17.  *sigh* the good ol days

Agreed... I don't really understand how some things get the ratings they do  :wallbash: