Destiny Full Analysis (IGN)

Adam91

Watched the Vidoc and was very impressed by what I saw. Sad that it's release isn't even dated till the end of the year and I'm sure it will be pushed back even farther. I know Bungie won't disappoint with this new title. The overall story is very intriguing and I can't wait to hear and see more about this game. Hoping GameStop has some good Pre-Order incentives. I already know I'm gonna be picking the Titan class when I get my hands on this game.

I like the look and sound of Destiny, although I am confused about how the game will play?

Am I right in believing that as a player going solo, you could be on a mission to reconquer Mars and during that process a random player out of no-where can give you aid, or perhaps you'll cross paths on separate missions to and on Mars? Since it's an 'open world' and all, it sounds like we will meet other real life players during our own Solo and also CO-OP campaign?

Thinking about it, imagine teaming up with 4 others, as a squad of 5 players, Contacting a few people who are carrying out missions across Earth or the Solar system and offering support, reinforcements even.

You can travel in space ships, how cool will it be to reinforce a few players, touching down on Mars and rolling out the slope, going in guns blazing, shouting through the mic, "Reinforcements have arrived!" And aiding fellow players to complete their objectives.

It's like each player will play a huge role in humanity's survival, each success leading to greater hope and the revival of the Golden age. We all do our bit, and be brave.

Or am I just overly excited, misguided and my expectations too high? lol.

• Like 1

I like the look and sound of Destiny, although I am confused about how the game will play?

Am I right in believing that as a player going solo, you could be on a mission to reconquer Mars and during that process a random player out of no-where can give you aid, or perhaps you'll cross paths on separate missions to and on Mars? Since it's an 'open world' and all, it sounds like we will meet other real life players during our own Solo and also CO-OP campaign?

Thinking about it, imagine teaming up with 4 others, as a squad of 5 players, Contacting a few people who are carrying out missions across Earth or the Solar system and offering support, reinforcements even.

You can travel in space ships, how cool will it be to reinforce a few players, touching down on Mars and rolling out the slope, going in guns blazing, shouting through the mic, "Reinforcements have arrived!" And aiding fellow players to complete their objectives.

It's like each player will play a huge role in humanity's survival, each success leading to greater hope and the revival of the Golden age. We all do our bit, and be brave.

Or am I just overly excited, misguided and my expectations too high? lol.

I am sure thats what they are aiming for. It would be an amazing game if it managed to do that. Nothing to do now but wait as they slowly give us information, still sounds like an incredible game.

it hurts to say this, but i'm glad that they finished with halo....

just look at this new masterpiece....

Same here. They spent majority of their time doing Halo so it's good to see they have other ideas in their head then stuff just concerning the Halo Universe. It'll be nice to see what they come up with in the future.

Watched the Vidoc and was very impressed by what I saw. Sad that it's release isn't even dated till the end of the year and I'm sure it will be pushed back even farther. I know Bungie won't disappoint with this new title. The overall story is very intriguing and I can't wait to hear and see more about this game. Hoping GameStop has some good Pre-Order incentives. I already know I'm gonna be picking the Titan class when I get my hands on this game.

the game is rumored for october 6th hope this helps

There's a dual sided poster that comes with the pre-order of Destiny regardless of what platform your choose. You should pre-order soon (I did it at the store to avoid any sort of shenanigans), you don't want to miss that poster.

With a deep breath and the squeeze of a fist I fight the feeling that wells up inside me. It's all I can do to keep from pre-ordering with a credit card that I can't afford to use. It's torturous. I'm tortured.

It all resonates so strongly with me: expansive worlds to explore, mystery and intrigue enough to get lost in, sci-fi fantasy, unique/individual characters, PvP and Co-op play, your very own starship... I think I'm getting light-headed. Need to calm down.

Bungie.net says, "Don't call it a comeback." And I won't. I believe Bungie was ready to move on after Halo 3. The franchise seems to me like a happy accident, what with having started out as an RTS before they focused on the supersoldier idea, and it worked out very well. Destiny, on the other hand, was evidently very well thought out and in planning for a while. If it fails... What a catastrophe that would be. Having apparently dedicated the whole company to the success of Destiny, failure may spell their end.

Can't think of a better motivation than that to make the best game ever. But I could be mistaken.

For that reason, I hope I'm not.

• Like 1