Bigger big teams possible?

Cpt Picardo

I love BTB and thats all i play unless a challenge forces me into another playlist. 8 v 8 is the way i like to play because of big maps and varied gameplay with vehicles. The only Halo stuff i can imagine being more fun then normal BT would be extra big teams! Imagine how much fun and action packed a 16 v 16 game would be! The maps don't necessary need to be any bigger then todays big team maps. Just throw in a few more vehicles and power weapons and its perfect. Is there any reason why we don't have this in Halo 4? Any technical reason i mean? Maybe the old 360 couldn't handle 32 players at once? If thats the only reason i hope 343 adds a playlist like this for Halo 5 on the next gen xbox.

God....good in theory, but think about it for a second.

16 organized players? That would be a nightmare. With how fast you die in this game, imagine 6 or more people seeing you...they would have too shoot...less then a bullet each to kill you, it would be a team-shotting mess, and with 343i's less then awesome optimization (split screen anyone?) I'm sure it would framerate lag like a mofo.

God....good in theory, but think about it for a second.

16 organized players? That would be a nightmare. With how fast you die in this game, imagine 6 or more people seeing you...they would have too shoot...less then a bullet each to kill you, it would be a team-shotting mess, and with 343i's less then awesome optimization (split screen anyone?) I'm sure it would framerate lag like a mofo.

Well you can still get team shot in btb by six players you just have to try and avoid situations like that :) The other thing you say i don't understand? Frame rate lag? Im sure that wont be a problem on the next xbox even with 32 players.

"with 343i's less then awesome optimization (split screen anyone?) I'm sure it would framerate lag like a mofo"

Whats wrong with split screen?

What isn't wrong with splitscreen? Forge maps lag, big maps lag. And I am not even talking about online. This is the only Halo I can't sit down with 3 buddies and enjoy because of the framrate dropping.

While the concept and mayhem that would ensue would be great fun, it has many flaws, I mean imagine an organised team of 16, they could literally DMR a scorpion to death in no time. The likes of the banshee would not last a second.

Now a 8v8v8v8 multiteam would be nuts beyond anything I have ever played. All in all a good plan just a problem if a team was organised.

It won't exist in Halo 4 because of the Xbox 360's limits being 24 players max - and I've only seen that in its limits in Battlefield games, which have dedicated servers unlike Halo 4, which uses Peer-to-peer connections to host games.

Would be fun, except maps must be MUCH larger, teamwork much more required, a lot more vehicles, and good map design and objectives. 16v16 is stretching it for me but 12v12 seems perfect for Halo Reach's Forge World.