ODST SMG in Halo 5

ForgeMonitor

I loved the ODST smg and think it could make a triumphant return in Halo 5 if modified slightly. In ODST it replaced the battlerifle which was for balencing purposes mainly, but I can hear people screaming bloody murder already in the forums at the thought of taking away the battlerifle again. If it came back as a more close combat weapon, similar to the traditional smg, but with a scope and silencer (since duel wielding has been mothballed) it could work. only trouble is fitting it in with the other weapons. Maybe the freak offspring of a SAW BR and AR? Rate of fire, range and silenced balenced with low damage and high recoil?

See many people dont think it should be in however I think it should be. It has many differences to the other SMGs as well as the AR.

It is a suppressed weapon which means it is harder to find the person who is shooting you with it. In CQC that can mean the difference between life and death. Also can lead to more stealthy approaches in Campaign where normally its always running and gunning. I like the option for both.

It is far more accurate than the standard SMG or AR. It includes a 2x scope for longer range accurate fire. Its a weapon that can reach out and touch people. No more worrying about its spread or muzzle climb either.

Its rate of fire is that of an unsuppressed SMG. That is astounding considering it is suppressed. You can still use it as a spray and pray if you need to but it has the accuracy and RoF to be a midranged weapon of destruction.

Its drawback however should be that it doesnt do as much damage as the AR or unsuppressed SMG. Its suppressor should take away some of the stopping power it has. Other than that I think it would fit in beautifully.

Yeah, I totally agree with you guys; I kind if felt a gap in Halo 4 for UNSC weapons. Something was missing.

I don't think it should replace the BR because I love that gun. I can definitely see it being implemented in stealthier missions. I think a good amount of recoil on it would decrease its efficiency at range (especially in MP)--not like that will matter if the DMR returns. Speaking pf which, I just came up with another thread idea.

• Like 1

I think it should be in the game. I was actually disappointed with the accuracy of the assault rifle in all of the halo games until the DMR and BR. I felt like there was no good mid-ranged weapon other than the magnum. But I think it would be cool.