I used to not be bad. Now I'm bad.

Baeztoberfest

So... I have no idea what the hell is going on but it's REALLY frustrating. I was playing Halo for awhile and then took about a week off. I come back to it Friday night and I'm getting scores like 2 and 20. Or 8 and 16. Or 11 and 21. These are just a few examples of ACTUAL GAMES I've played. And I'm REALLY trying over here. Nothing has changed in my playstyle. Nothing has changed in my loadouts. Nothing has changed at all except now I'm getting paired with teammates WAY out of my skill range.

Is there a reason for this? Has anyone else encountered this problem? How can I fix this?

It's not a matter of just wanting to own everyone I play against. I'm not saying I wanna be Halo God and run around making everyone I play against miserable. I'm saying I'd be happy with some actual BALANCE. I used to average About 20 kills per game and anywhere between 13 and 15 deaths. Now I'm lucky if I can break .5 KD. What the hell is going on...?

And to clarify I've gone from a 1.14 to a 1.10.

Dunno everyone has off days.

Well see that's what I was thinking. But 3 off days in a row? And these guys I'm playing against are seriously GOOD. I'm not even trying to brag here I'm saying these guys are CLEARLY not in the same skill bracket as me. Way better than I am. So why force me to play against them...?

i took 2 weeks off and came back and it took me a few games to get back into it but after that im back to going 18 - 5. games like that. funny story i played on my other account that is a level 3, i played a game of BTIS and went 29-2 lol it just depend on who they pair you up with.

i wish you the best of luck!

i have had similar problems recently too. It just seems that i have "off days", when i play terrible and go negative almost every game. It feels like im always doing something wrong and my head just isnt in the right place even though im trying really hard. Then i start getting extrmely frustrated at everything that happens in a game which is no fun. so i either just stop playing for the rest of the day, or i just do spartan ops or something. by the next day im normally back at my regular skill level and enjoying myself once again.

Since you have had this problem for 3 days now, i would reccomend taking 3 days off. It may be somewhat of a sacrifice, but its the only remedy i can offer you. After a few days, you should feel fresh again and have more confidence than if you just continued playing. It has always worked for me, and a fresh start helps a lot

i have had similar problems recently too. It just seems that i have "off days", when i play terrible and go negative almost every game. It feels like im always doing something wrong and my head just isnt in the right place even though im trying really hard. Then i start getting extrmely frustrated at everything that happens in a game which is no fun. so i either just stop playing for the rest of the day, or i just do spartan ops or something. by the next day im normally back at my regular skill level and enjoying myself once again.

Since you have had this problem for 3 days now, i would reccomend taking 3 days off. It may be somewhat of a sacrifice, but its the only remedy i can offer you. After a few days, you should feel fresh again and have more confidence than if you just continued playing. It has always worked for me, and a fresh start helps a lot

Sounds like a plan man. Think I'll hit up some Skyrim for a few days and try again. See what happens.

I think i know what your problem is. Some times when i get online i feel that the guns have been tweaked but without a update. Is this possible?

I don't think this is the case. It's stupid stuff that's happening. Like Boltshot duels. We're both point blank range. Yet they kill me and my rounds do nothing. Stuff like that. Or coming up short constantly on DMR duels. Getting naded and headshot combo with carbine. Just off the wall WEIRD stuff I can't explain with any other reason than they are simply better at Halo than I am.

And I'm cool with that. I know I'm not the best. But I'd like to be teamed against enemies of the same skill level. That's all I'm saying. I think I'll take the "give it a few days and come back to it" advice.

Never this kind of thing happen for 3 days straight, longest it's happened to me is about 2-3 games. Then I take a break and play a different game or go into a different playlist. That's gotta be quite aggravating though. Just switch playlists and get away from whatever game type is causing you to get those kind of scores.

I think what has happened is your hidden trueskill value has gone up in whatever playlists you frequent and the enemies you are facing are clearly of a higher skill level than you are used to facing. This being said, you will have to either step it up and evolve your tactics and strategies to competently play in this skill bracket or just lose enough towards where your trueskill goes back down.

I don't know if that is for sure, but that would be my guess as this happened to me. I was owning for a few days and then I noticed all of the sudden my opponents weren't playing like morons anymore and were actually out gunning, smarting, and maneuvering me.

Try to play a few warmup games before you go online, or find some friends who are usually on when you are and practice together as team work outplays individual skill no matter how bad your playing.

I always find that a custom game or a couple of spartan ops games before going into matchmaking helps alot.

& whenever i do go straight to matchmaking, if i play bad in the first game, i usually play bad for the rest of the day :/

I barely play the game online anymore due to ****ty maps and

Sounds like a plan man. Think I'll hit up some Skyrim for a few days and try again. See what happens.

I don't think this is the case. It's stupid stuff that's happening. Like Boltshot duels. We're both point blank range. Yet they kill me and my rounds do nothing. Stuff like that. Or coming up short constantly on DMR duels. Getting naded and headshot combo with carbine. Just off the wall WEIRD stuff I can't explain with any other reason than they are simply better at Halo than I am.

And I'm cool with that. I know I'm not the best. But I'd like to be teamed against enemies of the same skill level. That's all I'm saying. I think I'll take the "give it a few days and come back to it" advice.

The things you mentioned happen to me on a daily basis, I chock it up to getting matched against fully organized teams in big team battle. The bolt shot usage is getting out of hand, every person I fight less then 20 feet away seems to always have a boltshot for back up, and they ALWAYS run around a corner when I get their shields, and I NEVER seem to have my grenades to seal the deal, so I HAVE to run around that corner, knowing fool well whats about to happen.

Like you and many other people that played previous halos I too am just not as great at this game lately as I feel like I should be. My solution is join big team battle and wreck some people with power vehicles or weapons, its easy to do, and destroying people en-mass with power weapons and tanks/banshees/gauss warthogs is one of the last feelings of the original games you can feel here.

Happens to us all, I went from 2 perfections in one night and consistent +10 spreads one night to negative or barely even then next mornin, it was not that the enemy were even that much better, I was just off my game in some consistent way, whether it be that your aim is slightly off or you are gone to the point where you are trying too hard (believe me this can be a bad thing).

I have to say my best Halo is played when i am a sleep deprived zombie following a night shift, I do not think I just do and it works...

Well see that's what I was thinking. But 3 off days in a row? And these guys I'm playing against are seriously GOOD. I'm not even trying to brag here I'm saying these guys are CLEARLY not in the same skill bracket as me. Way better than I am. So why force me to play against them...?

If I play too much (way too many consecutive days in a row) I end up starting to get off my game and I take a week break b4 playing again to get my rhythm back.

Also, I start getting rusty if I'm not playing regularly (like your 3 day break). It'll mess my rhythm up too n gotta take that 1 day to get back in my zone (or a handful of matches b4 I'm warmed up haha).

Not like COD where I warm up after just a couple kills in 1 game haha.

I know this feel bro, I have a 3KD (Not trying to brag i dont really try. also BTB FTW) and today at my friends I was getting like a 2KD every game i was kinda mad at myself for playing GW2 for the last week on the PC.

Sometimes its the game mode to. I havent played normal infinity slayer since I had like a 2 KD which was forever ago. (My map K/Ds there make me look nub.) But in BTB i could destroy, so who knows. Sometimes frustration can also screw you in the long run makes you make mistakes you wouldnt have in some mad lust for vengeance.