Hanger 72 v2, by DARKSTAR o72

DarkStar

Map Name - Hanger 72 v2

Fileshare - DARKSTAR o72

Players - 6 maximum (plays best as a 2v2 map)

Gametypes - Slayer, CTF, KOTH, Oddball

Hanger 72 is a top secret ONI Aero Space research, and development facility. The first prototype Pelican 2 dropship, is housed within. There are elevated walkways on either side of the hanger representing the red, and blue bases. The floor around the hanger is cluttered with crates and maintenance dollys. Players looking for cover on the top of the ship should beware the engines (man cannons) which are in test mode and will splatter a player against the back wall of the hanger.post-59162-0-34353400-1357776617.png

Here is a preview video I made of it. I made a few changes after play testing but for the most part it is the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnJl_j9eyLI

That is a very aesthetically pleasing map to look at. It looks like you put a lot of time into it and really thought about it, I'm not sure how it would run as a competitive map since there seems to be a lot of wide open spaces. However the concept of a hangar is 100% there and it just feels like a re-make of an actual map that used to be in a halo game you've forged it so well. I am very impressed with this.

I'm going to give this a 4.8 out of 5 just because I'm still unsure about the open spaces, I'll download it an look when I get some time, but it looks flawless from the video. If spawns are set up and everything runs smoothly then I'm all for it. Great Job.

The Sigma AI

• Like 1

There are a lot of long sight lines when on the ground level of the map. There is also a lot of nearby cover for players on the ground level. The pelican is placed at such that it breaks up a lot of the sight lines. The video is of a pre tested build of the map. After testing I added more sight line blockers, changed the angle of the ramps that lead up to the upper walkways, and added cover to them, and added an interior to the pelican. Actually the pelican interior may have been a mistake, as there is only one way in and in testing has produced standoffs where one team was inside refusing to come out, and the other team refusing to go in. I may still change it up some. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

One input I would suggest if not done would be the lifts on the map. Since they were in-closed in wall 5x1's in the video I'm hoping you put one way shield's in front of the top so players cannot drop back down into the lift after being sent up.

That problem is actually solved with small ledges on the floor where the lifts exit. A player cannot accidentally walk into the opening, and if they jump in, the lift is high enough that they fall far enough down that they are pushed back out the top by the gravity lift. I have done a lot of play testing, and no one has ever gotten stuck.

how can i link maps, pics etc from my fileshare to the forum? plz and thanks.

You can't do that as the web fileshare service is not available yet. For the time being you would need to use a cap card or a camera, maybe have a friend cap card some pics off your fileshare for you.

• Like 1