Upcoming Update Wishlist: How Important is the update to you?

SatanicBagels

Upcoming Updates  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How important is the January update to you?

• I won't play the game unless they bring major changes.
    • I will continue playing but still think that major changes are needed.
    • I don't think major changes are needed and will keep playing.
    • Indifferent... I'll keep playing either way.

Here are some small little things that I hope are added in the upcoming update. A simple bullet list if you will :)

- Need to add forge maps to nearly all aspects of MM

- Grifball

- Team Snipes

- MLG

- Really good Spartan Ops

- Complete Flood overhaul

If they added these things, or even if they only brought Forge maps into the equation, then I think the update would be a massive success.

• Like 2

I have never understood why people need a ranking system so badly holy. Can you people not function in society unless you have some little badge of honor that says I am great. Its like high fiving yourself or liking your own facebook status.

Aaanyways, I think the DMR needs some Mclovin. I would also like to see a flood overhaul.

I have never understood why people need a ranking system so badly holy. Can you people not function in society unless you have some little badge of honor that says I am great. Its like high fiving yourself or liking your own facebook status.

Aaanyways, I think the DMR needs some Mclovin. I would also like to see a flood overhaul.

A ranking system would be nice but, seeing as it's not in game and I'd have to go on a website to see it when there's other sites that already shot you your true rank for every playlist. There should have been an in game ranking system. I could careless about rank but, I mainly want one so I'm actually matched up with team mates of similar skill. Not terrible players who can't even break double digits kill wise or don't know the first thing about objective control.

As far as the update goes, it's a make it or break it for me as far as Halo 4 is concerned. If they don't add more gametypes and fix the DMR I won't be playing Halo 4 anymore until more DLC is released so I can keep my 100% completion for this game.

A ranking system would be nice but, seeing as it's not in game and I'd have to go on a website to see it when there's other sites that already shot you your true rank for every playlist. There should have been an in game ranking system. I could careless about rank but, I mainly want one so I'm actually matched up with team mates of similar skill. Not terrible players who can't even break double digits kill wise or don't know the first thing about objective control.

As far as the update goes, it's a make it or break it for me as far as Halo 4 is concerned. If they don't add more gametypes and fix the DMR I won't be playing Halo 4 anymore until more DLC is released so I can keep my 100% completion for this game.

The Rank system is in the game you just cant see it. Sounds like you must have some crappy team mate luck. (So Do I) But I was another forum and someone was complaining because seeing 50 was like the only thing inclining him to play. -_-

The update is pretty important to me IF they do what they need to do (Which I doubt, not even because I have no faith in 343 but instead because I've never seen a game developer make an update that addresses EVERYTHING or makes EVERYONE happy).

I was playing today and I realized that one of the reasons I do poorly in this game is because I don't want anything in this game. There is nowhere on the maps I want to be, there is no weapon or vehicle that I simultaneously desire AND believe I should/could acquire it. If there IS something I want to have I don't have any sense that I could keep it. When I finally score ordnance it often just stares me in the face for the whole game because either none of it appeals to me or it DOES appeal to me but I'm certain as soon as I get it I'll lose it. Multiple games went by today where I never dropped my ordnance because I just didn't see the point.

With no place on the map worth controlling and no sense that I can control my own life (You can't focus on surviving and then have a high chance of doing so; you will have a higher chance but not a high chance) I just kind of wander and react. That's no way to play.

Bulleted list of improvements they should/could make:

-Shorten shield recharge delay (4 seconds tops, 3 seconds might be more appropriate because Halo 4 IS faster)

-Fix Exile (Adding a Gauss for the red team and removing the Scorpion is an easy but sloppy fix, Scorpion ends up being easiest to edit/remove because it's the only one the two teams can fight over

-Stop #*$#ing nerfing stuff no one EVER complained about. No one ever complained their gun had too many bullets in it, but 343 made the clips shallower anyway. 4-shot BR, 7-shot carbine w/faster kill time than BR OR 6-shot w/equivalent, 15 bullet DMR clip. I know those aren't happening, but they should because they should never have been changed.

-Fix Abandon (Should be doable by pushing blue spawn a bit closer, not 100% sure though). Blue starts at a disadvantage in slayer and gets completely wrecked in Oddball (Because in other game types the key is to avoid top center, but in Oddball they're forced to go there, get destroyed, and then suffer the rest of the game)

-Might want to drop the boltshot's kill range (Should be doable with 95% damage or something. I actually like the boltshot as is and don't mind if it stays as is, but I also recognize when enough people are complaining that maybe they should be appeased even if they're wrong).

-Fix glitches/problems. I don't know all of them, but fixing the things that aren't working properly should always be top priority. Fine-tuning is important, but making everything work is more important. It's my understanding file shares aren't working or something, and host-switching seems entirely too common.

-Introduce penalty for quitting. I don't know why this wasn't done at the start. What exactly the penalty should be I'm not sure, an experience penalty is fine, and if it's at the right spot in your level it should be capable of dropping your rank and re-locking your unlocks. It won't come up often, but if you quit often enough you should lose stuff. I don't mind JIP, I think overall it improves the game (despite coming with many flaws), but having a penalty for quitting just makes more sense than not having one.

-Clean up the sandbox. I don't think it works as intended, or it DOES work as intended and 343's intention was to make the game sub-par (They would obviously use a different term for it). Weapon kill times and such just aren't doing what I think they wanted them to do. You have a crappy BR, a crappy Carbine, automatics which seem to kill slower than either of those crappy marksman weapons, camo that apparently only jams radars occasionally, the Nemesis perk which only half-works, extremely narrow custom game options, and plenty of other things. There are more problems than I have the knowledge or space to list. I don't think most of them are major game-destroying problems, just a lot of things lacking polish which is normal for a multiplayer title. I think it's hard to account for all the things players will discover and account for because there are thousands of players and much fewer developers, but patches are your chance to fix things.

• Like 2

if you do not want to play in a ranking playlist why complain it has nothing to do with your gameplay.

In my opinion I think that these should be added.

-

- Grifball

- Team Snipers

- Team Doubles

- MLG

- Classic Objective (Including classic CTF, Assault, and Team Oddball)

- Classic BTB

- Classic Slayer

- Community Playlist. An infinity slayer gametype featuring community made forge maps. We also really need file share to get up and running.

• Like 1

if you do not want to play in a ranking playlist why complain it has nothing to do with your gameplay.

That's not actually true, if 343 spends effort on this that's effort they're not spending on something else. They're a real company staffed by real people who probably only work normal workdays.

So if they don't make the game play right but they implement a ranking system, I know I won't go in there because I don't want my rank to be slave to their current bad gameplay model. I never bothered with Reach's Arena for the same reason (It was also awful). The point is if I don't feel like the game is giving players a fair chance to compete in a match, I don't think any rank it shows is accurate. I don't want my performance being judged until the game is designed to actually allow for players to excel based on their skill.

6 second recharge delay is a much more important fix than ranks, because as I spend that much of the match defenseless I don't want a ranking system to notice. I've said multiple times that I'm not that good, but it's frustrating easily out-DMRing one guy only to have his idiot teammate show up 5 seconds later to mop me up without lifting a finger.

Think back to H3. How many games in Team Slayer were tense, because people were working together to win of equal skill. How many games were turned around via communication and team work? How many games had most people using mics? How many games, when hitting 49-49, had everyone hunkering down smartly instead of dgaf running to try to get the last kill first?

Compare to H4 Team Slayer, rankless.

That's what I thought.

Adding in Multi-Team would be a welcome change. Had some pretty good times in that playlist during my Reach days.

Like free-for-all (with the high-player count / # of hostile teams working against you), but with a pal or two to watch your back. ;)

This alone would make it a worthwhile update for me!

That's not actually true, if 343 spends effort on this that's effort they're not spending on something else. They're a real company staffed by real people who probably only work normal workdays.

So if they don't make the game play right but they implement a ranking system, I know I won't go in there because I don't want my rank to be slave to their current bad gameplay model. I never bothered with Reach's Arena for the same reason (It was also awful). The point is if I don't feel like the game is giving players a fair chance to compete in a match, I don't think any rank it shows is accurate. I don't want my performance being judged until the game is designed to actually allow for players to excel based on their skill.

6 second recharge delay is a much more important fix than ranks, because as I spend that much of the match defenseless I don't want a ranking system to notice. I've said multiple times that I'm not that good, but it's frustrating easily out-DMRing one guy only to have his idiot teammate show up 5 seconds later to mop me up without lifting a finger.

Like stances right? LOL? if they just listen they would get it right i hated reach arena that was not ranked to me. for this game to give everyone a chance they need to change things.

I don't really think so I'll keep playing Halo if an update never comes (thank God it will though) Because its such a great game honestly dominion is the best mode since SWBF3 was canceled

lucky you i have a very hard time just putting my disc in now theres nothing fun to play after 1-3 games i'm bored.,

Like stances right? LOL? if they just listen they would get it right i hated reach arena that was not ranked to me. for this game to give everyone a chance they need to change things.

Lol I don't like stances either. I wouldn't mind them if all of them didn't look so dumb. I think the only ones I can tolerate are the Recruit and Believe, just because they look like a guy who is standing there waiting for something to happen instead of a dweeb at a photo shoot.

I remember when they first introduced theatre back in Halo 3 I couldn't believe how thrilled I was to take pictures of myself in action. Once that initial thrill wore off I was very embarrassed to have taken the pictures in the first place. Most of the stances look like pictures I'd be embarrassed I took.

Meh, I dont particularly care if they update anything. I just play to hang out.

This is what's wrong with Halo 4. When I get into games, I want to win games. I don't want to have a teammate who sits in a cave on Exile during Dominion and goes 9-0 getting meaningless kills. There is absolutely no point in trying to win the games, and it ruins the game for everyone who is trying to win.

They definitely need to update something. I don't play this game by myself anymore because it isn't fun. You can't win objective games by yourself when you're the only one trying to win.

A simple fix would be to add separate playlists: One called Social and one called Competitive, where people in social are there to mess around and hang out, and the people in competitive want to win.

• Like 2

This is what's wrong with Halo 4. When I get into games, I want to win games. I don't want to have a teammate who sits in a cave on Exile during Dominion and goes 9-0 getting meaningless kills. There is absolutely no point in trying to win the games, and it ruins the game for everyone who is trying to win.

They definitely need to update something. I don't play this game by myself anymore because it isn't fun. You can't win objective games by yourself when you're the only one trying to win.

A simple fix would be to add separate playlists: One called Social and one called Competitive, where people in social are there to mess around and hang out, and the people in competitive want to win.

Unfortunately having seperate ranked and social playlists wouldn't stop d-bags from going into ranked playlists so they can pad their stats..

Unfortunately having seperate ranked and social playlists wouldn't stop d-bags from going into ranked playlists so they can pad their stats..

Correct, and in fact it's quite the contrary. They'll prefer ranked playlists to pad their stats because ranked stats have more credibility.

Unless you make it so objective games don't get factored into you K/D at all. After all if the objective isn't to kill the other team, who cares how good a job you did of it?