Flood= watered down infection!

Bloodyguy32

Halo 4 is obviously a well made game that has a ton of fun things to do, A few things have kept it however from being a better experience then Reach. The biggest for me is the LACK of options in the options menu for gamemodes. while yes there are unique options like a armor effect for the flood or humans there is no simple option to change the survivor color from a bright yellow (easy to see) to black. Also the flood cant use weapons. this fact is devastating to mapmakers like myself who want to make creative gametypes (such as famous ones like Fat kid, Halo on Halo, Duck hunt. these gametypes are now rendered impossible.) this some would argue that "but the flood have a sword arm" to that i say look at halo 3 the flood used GUNS almost exclusivly. Furthermore, weapons do not spawn in Flood mode for the humans leaving them with a loadout selected weapon and nowhere to get ammo. please 343 fix this, add more options for your fans.

(also getting file browser working would be swell :laughing:)

Thank you

Bloodyguy32

• Like 2

Flood is a complete joke compared to Infection. Regular Infection was fun but, the cool game types made in Halo 3 and Reach is what made it even better. Like Speed Demons for instance in Halo 3. Super fast zombies with both a sword and G. Hammer. Duck Hunt was a fun favorite of my. Seems like 343i took a great amount out when it comes to the ability of customization of game types.

Flood is a complete joke compared to Infection. Regular Infection was fun but, the cool game types made in Halo 3 and Reach is what made it even better. Like Speed Demons for instance in Halo 3. Super fast zombies with both a sword and G. Hammer. Duck Hunt was a fun favorite of my. Seems like 343i took a great amount out when it comes to the ability of customization of game types.

That's because all the customization went into making a laundry list of armor so huge it is actually annoying to do simple tasks such as check a new helmet to get rid of the stars or changing a shoulder piece.

File share is going up this month, and i Like Flood.

I am not saying flood is bad however there is far less customization in flood then in halo 3 and in reach its very likable but beside having fun for a bit i don't see infection having as much of a lifespan as halo 3's infection

and the fact that halo has been out more than 2 months and is still missing a feature reach had on day one is a disgrace.

I find Flood very much like Infection used to be. I don't like either one, but in both this game and Reach they play about the same.

As for the variants on Infection that gained popularity in previous games, the majority of them were horrible ideas for Matchmaking and I have no idea why anyone ever designed or played them even in customs (Fat Kid, Duck Hunt, Speed Demons, all incredibly stupid ideas that should have never made it to a console. Speed Demons was so bad that the zombie players literally gave up playing it in Matchmaking and just hid. I saw it myself and was amazed that anyone could be so dim-witted as to put that gametype into matchmaking).

I DO think it's a shame that there are so few options for custom gametypes. I just tried to make one called "Predator" like the Predator movies, got the idea from the binary rifle's aiming beam, and found it nearly impossible.

• Like 1

I would like to have better options, but I don't see how the flood can hold all the weapons. How can they hold a sniper and aim down the scope? I think they should add two different types of flood, one with the sword and the other with two arms and can use guns. I still really like Flood, but I agree it could be better.

The game types like fat kid, duck hunt, etc were not made for matchmaking. They were made for custom games.

Flood how it is right now is great for matchmaking BUT if I want to play with friends in a custom games I would prefer it to be more customizable so I can still have the Fatkid I love while having the look of a flood.

The maps would also have to be bigger for some of old school gametypes from infection to even be fun. I remember going around on sandtrap in a massive convoy of warthogs and we'd get ambushed as we went around till there were a mass horde and one lone hog. How are we going to get that with all these maps that only work for Mantis's and Ghosts?

I just tried to make one called "Predator" like the Predator movies, got the idea from the binary rifle's aiming beam, and found it nearly impossible.

I made this post literly after i tried to make a gametype based off the predator movies also :awesome:

but as you said it was damn impossible

Flood will slowly die out and I feel that people will only play it to complete the commendations for it or if a challenge shows up for it. I find the game type boring. The number of players is to small and the maps are boring. With the lack of customization for it the only thing that will be able to happen is for some custom maps to be added into rotation. The only reason I even continue to play it is for the shotgun commendation. Once that is mastered I won't play it ever again. Even trying to win games in it is ridiculous seeing as only 1st place wins when it should be 1st-3rd like it used to be.

• 3 weeks later...

I like flood. I think it's fine to lack the ability to re-supply, since that would promote Spartans to "camp" and just the benefit if ammo gives an over-whelming upper hand to them. It's fine the way it is, as a survival game, where every shot counts, and a mistake can cost your K/D (LOL).

I agree that maybe the flood should have weapons but then that would just makes it less fun. The flood could kill you in maybe further less than a second I don't think that would be such as smart idea,the sword arms are quite fun to use especially how they are edited and blended in with the effects on the screen. It may have been a big step but at least it is something fresh.