New weapons, armor abilities, and vehicles in halo 5

scullshark

good idea and i was thinking if u go to options u can switch to first person driving and first person assassinting my dad has halo pc and i love the first person passenger and bring back playable elites the flood in the chaimpain MORE DEADLY AND SCARY and more fight scenes in the champain and just have the covedant seem more compadible to the story better sound include invasion and vip for fordge world include BLOOD GULTCH some of the old maps and possobly some halo wars maps like harvest or arcadia and reach mombasa and add A UNSC AIRCRAFT LIKE A HAWK OR A VULTURE LONGSWORD BRODSWORD and add vampires plz add at least 1st person driving and assassinting and have weather time laspe for fordge plz like one

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One thing for sure that they need to bring back is firefight. Don't get me wrong, I like spartan ops, but it's a completely different feel than firefight. Spartan Ops is more like and extended campaign for your Infinity Spartan. Firefight would be another training option similar to War Games. Also, both Saprtan Ops and Firefight should be playable offline in the new Halos. This is speaking as someone who rarely has access to high speed internet, so leveling up is basically reduced to forge and custom games because they took out gaining experience from campaign. The way I see it, if you are able to download Spartan Ops, which we are, you should be able to play it offline.

If we are talking about weapons and vehicles than I have some ideas. I've already posted in another thread that the weapon loadouts need more variables. Assault Rifle/Storm Rifle/Suppressor there isn't a lot of difference. What I think 343 could do is expand upon these options like they did by putting both the BR and the DMR as options. The BR has better accuracy up close, where as the DMR has better accuracy for long shots. And the carbine has great medium accuracy while having the ability to shoot rapidly. This adds lots of appeals to specializing your loadout based on your play style. What I want to see done is for 343 to bring back the SMG (possibly the ODST scoped one, but that might be overpowered) and the plasma rifle as primary loadout options. The SMG could compliment the AR by being more powerful but less accurate, and the plasma rifle could compliment the Storm rifle by being less powerful but more accurate. This would give players the ability to better define exactly what playstyle they prefer. i think this is what they tried to do by complimenting the AR with the storm rifle, but those two guns are in two different classes because typically UNSC weapons are better at damaging health, while covenant weapons are better at removing shields. Implementing the loadouts i suggested would give players the ability to chose between these compliments while also choosing between focusing on shield damage or health damage. Also, the brute weapons need to be returned. They are dearly missed. The brute shot, in my opinion, should reclaim its place over the concussion rifle as an ordinance drop weapon. The mauler could possibly be a secondary weapon loadout option, and the incendiary and spike grenades definitely need to be granade loadout options. These need to be brought back. Also, I watched a video today on Youtube where they talked about wanting to bring back the flamethrower and the trip mine. YES YES YES. The trip mine was one of my favorite pieces of equipment from Halo 3. I think it would be a better used weapon than the sticky detonater. What 343 should do is replace the sticky detonator with the granade launcher form Reach, and then bring back the trip mine. Trying to combine these two weapons into the sticky detonator was a good idea, but I just don't think it worked very well. In my case at least, trying to use the sticky detonator to rig traps in hallways led to too much sitting around waiting for someone to come by so i could detonate the trap, and the weapon never works well for me when I try to attack someone with it. The grenade launcher as an ordinance drop would work much better in combat situations and the trip mine as a greanade loadout option would work much better for trap situations. Of course, I think that if this were to happen, the loadout should only give you the ability to start with one trip mine, similar to the promethean grenade, because of the high damaging power it has. In the original post, you asked for a promethean turret idea? I don't know if this will be liked or not, but I loved the missile pod from Halo 3. What if 343 combine the missle pod concept with the plasma launcher from Halo Reach and made it a Forerunner weapon? It could fire high powered explosive hardlight projectiles that could have a limited ability to track targets, and possibly stick. Though the sticking portion could be over powered. I feel a weapon like this would fit well into the story because it sounds like a weapon that the Forerunners would have loved to have when mowing down huge waves of flood. I would love to read your thoughts about this.

I just thought of something great! What if there was a turret mounted zippo gun? Similar to a flamethrower, but instead of shooting a stream of fire, it shoots heave globs of, well, napalm that stick to players and vehicles. These shots would have a slow firing rate and a high damage along with lighting the target on fire. Please tell me your thoughts.

• Like 2

i like the idea of the zippo trurret idea, as well as bringing back the grenade launcher. the sticky detonator is too overpowered, if you shoot it too close to you, there is a possibility of depleting your sheilds or killing you. i also like the idea for the forerunner missle pod-like weapon.

• Like 2

FAMAS like weapon for the UNSC? Don't you mean the Battle Riffle? Anyway, Promethean vehicles... I like the sound of that!! Though, I think Forerunner vehicles sound better. After all, the Promethean, WERE made by the forerunners, right? Hell, who's to say that the weapons that the Promethean used were the same as the Forerunners used?

• Like 1

I have already discussed the idea of bringing back the trip mine and incendiary grenades in another thread. I think having the option to purchase two incendiary grenades or 1 trip mine as grenade loadout options. Also, the flare could be brought back as a secondary weapon option. It could have three rounds, and the ability for the flare to take out shields as well as blind those near it to make up for the fact that it does no damage. I want to see equipment from Halo three brought back as much as possible so please send ideas. :)

Also, they should definitely return the Hornet for a UNSC flying vehicle. I never really liked the Falcon. Halo needs a UNSC flying vehicle for matchmaking and custom games. Please bring back the chopper as well. That beast of a vehicle was my favorite in all three games. As far as Forerunner vehicles, I will keep thinking.

• Like 1

FAMAS like weapon for the UNSC? Don't you mean the Battle Riffle? Anyway, Promethean vehicles... I like the sound of that!! Though, I think Forerunner vehicles sound better. After all, the Promethean, WERE made by the forerunners, right? Hell, who's to say that the weapons that the Promethean used were the same as the Forerunners used?

Technically, Prometheans ARE Foreunners....the Knights and Crawlers are mechanical Prometheans, but the Didact is a proper Foreruneer Promethean....think of the Crawlers and Knights as Drones and the Didact as the actual soldier...there were many other Forerunner Prometheans at one stage

Technically, Prometheans ARE Foreunners....the Knights and Crawlers are mechanical Prometheans, but the Didact is a proper Foreruneer Promethean....think of the Crawlers and Knights as Drones and the Didact as the actual soldier...there were many other Forerunner Prometheans at one stage

Yeah, but weren't the Promethean artificial defense AIs created by the Forerunners? I don't think they are Forerunners, unlike the Didact, but more like Forerunner craftsmanship.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with almost all of this. I think that we should have the flare gun and the trip mine and alot of the other ideas above.

I have already discussed the idea of bringing back the trip mine and incendiary grenades in another thread. I think having the option to purchase two incendiary grenades or 1 trip mine as grenade loadout options. Also, the flare could be brought back as a secondary weapon option. It could have three rounds, and the ability for the flare to take out shields as well as blind those near it to make up for the fact that it does no damage. I want to see equipment from Halo three brought back as much as possible so please send ideas. :)

Also, they should definitely return the Hornet for a UNSC flying vehicle. I never really liked the Falcon. Halo needs a UNSC flying vehicle for matchmaking and custom games. Please bring back the chopper as well. That beast of a vehicle was my favorite in all three games. As far as Forerunner vehicles, I will keep thinking.

Well what if we had the hornet AND the falcon? the hornet for assault and the falcon for transport.

• Like 1

Vehicles should be strictly first person to add challenge (situational awareness/teamwork) and fun (every bump feels bigger and it creates a more immersive experience). Wraiths, banshees, etc have view screens. This would be a good step in balancing infantry and vehicles. Dual wielding should return, as well as AAs. Invasion, Assault, Juggernaut, Territories, VIP, and Race would need to return. Custom games should be the most customizable experience ever to make up for Halo 4. It would include all the old options, a weapon tweaking tool to balance the weapons to your liking in the game, and many new ones. An NPC ally command system would be awesome for campaign (and firefight, if it returns). Players should be able to set up bots for custom games for practice, filling up spots, and to give players without XBL or Internet something to do besides campaign. Brutes, Elites, ODSTs, Flood Combat Forms, and Prometheans should be playable in multiplayer with minor gameplay differences.

• Like 1

Vehicles should be strictly first person to add challenge (situational awareness/teamwork) and fun (every bump feels bigger and it creates a more immersive experience). Wraiths, banshees, etc have view screens. This would be a good step in balancing infantry and vehicles. Dual wielding should return, as well as AAs. Invasion, Assault, Juggernaut, Territories, VIP, and Race would need to return. Custom games should be the most customizable experience ever to make up for Halo 4. It would include all the old options, a weapon tweaking tool to balance the weapons to your liking in the game, and many new ones. An NPC ally command system would be awesome for campaign (and firefight, if it returns). Players should be able to set up bots for custom games for practice, filling up spots, and to give players without XBL or Internet something to do besides campaign. Brutes, Elites, ODSTs, Flood Combat Forms, and Prometheans should be playable in multiplayer with minor gameplay differences.

wow. just wow. this is almost everything going on in my mind for Halo 5 (besides the first person driving, I think that should be an option instead of being forced.)

• Like 1

i like all of the comments up here. I loved chopper and hornet which NEED to come back in the games. don't have any ideas for new weapons or maps. but i want some remakes of halo 1 maps in halo 5 like the original blood gulch, longest, infinity, death island, hang em high, prisoner, and boarding action. i want fir fight, and i really want spartan ops for offline mode cus my friend doesn't have XBL and he doesn't play reach any more. he was my chance to play halo every weekend but now that halo 4 came out all we do is kill each other in either forge or bounty and it gets tiring all the time just doing the same thing over and over again. i haven't played halo 4 campaign and he says "He and his OTHER friend have beaten it." i don't believe that cus he lies SO much. any ways for a promethium vehicle i was thinking of something some what like the STAG vehicles in saints row. i love that game.

file://localhost/Users/jcase15/Desktop/images-2.jpeg

file://localhost/Users/jcase15/Desktop/2013-01-01_00001.jpg

and i like the idea of being able to make bots so people without XBL don't just have to play campaign.

ok my two links don't work never mind those. but just look up pics of STAG vehicles from the game saints row. and i actually have one weapon i wish and really hope and want to use. it's the promethium sword. it looks SO sick

• Like 2

in my opinion the sticky detonator is a very akward weapon. it performance is not linear to a single handed weapon. I think we need a grenade launcher in halo 5 that holds say 3 rounds each with the same power and physics as the sticky det and fires semi auto. that would be a badass power weapon

• Like 2

CONCERNING THE PROMETHEANS

The Prometheans were more or less created by the Forerunners. The Prometheans were once ancient humans, but they were composed by the Didact during the Flood-Forerunner war, since there wasn't much that organic units could do against them. This proved to be successful, but the Forerunners were already to late. The weapons that the Prometheans had used were in fact also used by Forerunner personnel.

• Like 1

i think they should keep AA's and put back the either drop shield from reach or the abilities from halo 3 back. and a new armor ability i was think of would be like a shield in a way but kind of like a black hole thing. what it does is your character bends down like armor lock and then a purplish dome appears around you. what it does is sucks up anything around you limited to 4 feet. it sucks up anything around you and then launches the objects out away from you in all directions so if your enemy is near you like hitting distance or at least  lie i just said 4 feet away. this would give people splatters f the enemy is not careful and if you know how to use it well and have a ton of objects around you. just so it's not too OP it can deflect bullets and pull and push mainly crates and weapons and a mongoose. it can flip and banshee and hog but it can only push them a foot or so. i hope you like my idea and i hope 343 industries finds this post of mine

thanks for your time

• Like 1

i think they should keep AA's and put back the either drop shield from reach or the abilities from halo 3 back. and a new armor ability i was think of would be like a shield in a way but kind of like a black hole thing. what it does is your character bends down like armor lock and then a purplish dome appears around you. what it does is sucks up anything around you limited to 4 feet. it sucks up anything around you and then launches the objects out away from you in all directions so if your enemy is near you like hitting distance or at least  lie i just said 4 feet away. this would give people splatters f the enemy is not careful and if you know how to use it well and have a ton of objects around you. just so it's not too OP it can deflect bullets and pull and push mainly crates and weapons and a mongoose. it can flip and banshee and hog but it can only push them a foot or so. i hope you like my idea and i hope 343 industries finds this post of mine

thanks for your time

That's a very good Idea, I do miss the drop shield, it's way better than the Hardlight Shield.

• Like 1