Please, PLEASE block invisibility in Big Team Battle!

JetEyeNight

It's not that I'm getting beat by it, please don't misunderstand me. It's that I AM beating you, it's just the game is taking way too long to finish. If you refuse to move and I'm winning, I'm not coming to you. The games are ending without going to score. In Halo the etiquette has always been if you are losing you should be pushing the fight to try to make a come back. Now people refuse to even do that. They try beating the other team with boredom. They figure if they camp long enough with invisibility the other team will come to them and they'll get a surprise kill. LAME!

Edit:

In fact I go soooooo bored by waiting around for people to move that I went AFK to make this post. Guess what? I didn't die once! I was standing out in the open! If the losing team was at all trying to win, I should have been killed several times. But NOPE . That's how lame people are getting. They have to abuse everything given to them.

i'm sorry..I don't get what the problem is. If people are on the losing side they must be asuming that running towards the enemy is only helping their team to lose more.. hence why people stay far away and use DMR to fight back.

This then forces the team who is winning to go on the attack and this invariably gets them killed..

tactics..

strategy..

its only a game.

The problem is not that I'm scared of invisible people, it's that I can't see invisible people to shoot them. They just hide and when I get close they just turn on their invisibility until I walk away. They lose, it just takes longer for them to lose. I prefer a quantity of quality games.

More games = more XP = leveling up faster. I don't like games that take the full timer to finish just because the losing team refuses to push the fight and when I try pushing the fight they just hide with their invisibility.

Yes tactics and strategy are a good thing, but if you're just hiding, not trying to make a comeback then you just made a quick loss a long drawn out loss.

I understand where the OP is coming from even if I don't agree with the suggestion. Played a game on Ragnarok the other day where the enemy team had 3-4 invisible snipers. They weren't doing a lot of damage because we knew they were out there and we didn't peak out much, but their remaining teammates WITHOUT sniper rifles got sick of getting slaughtered every time they pushed. The result was the entire team hiding on their side of the map, positioned well enough that we couldn't push, but unwilling push for themselves either. Nobody even peaked out for DMR fights that often, because both sides had bored snipers just waiting for something to shoot.

It was an incredibly annoying game, I think the only people who got into fights were recent respawns who spawned visible and had to defend themselves. I kept attacking with different methods but it was fruitless, even though I went positive I certainly didn't have fun doing it. Camping, when the primary strategy of the entire team, makes games unbearably slow and boring. Camo makes it easier.

So I understand the OP's problem, I don't know that removing camo is the solution, but I understand the complaint. Typically I can kill those guys, but you get enough of them and it's not worth trying because taking out one shows you to another. It's how you kill them, they fire, which in Reach and Halo 4 means they get a kill because sniper rifles have been made so much easier to use, and then you get a kill. Boring cycle continues.

Camo snipers aren't difficult to deal with, they're just LAME to deal with, which is frequently worse. I don't back its removal though, because in addition to questioning the logic behind it I also occasionally like taking camo and just hiding from Halo 4 for awhile.

It's a different type of combat but that doesn't make it wrong. It would've been fun to hologram out the snipers and use team DMR to out wit them.

I would've loved to play a stealth game. I don't see the justification in complaining about how people want to play games. It's their preference.

I understand where the OP is coming from even if I don't agree with the suggestion. Played a game on Ragnarok the other day where the enemy team had 3-4 invisible snipers. They weren't doing a lot of damage because we knew they were out there and we didn't peak out much, but their remaining teammates WITHOUT sniper rifles got sick of getting slaughtered every time they pushed. The result was the entire team hiding on their side of the map, positioned well enough that we couldn't push, but unwilling push for themselves either. Nobody even peaked out for DMR fights that often, because both sides had bored snipers just waiting for something to shoot.

It was an incredibly annoying game, I think the only people who got into fights were recent respawns who spawned visible and had to defend themselves. I kept attacking with different methods but it was fruitless, even though I went positive I certainly didn't have fun doing it. Camping, when the primary strategy of the entire team, makes games unbearably slow and boring. Camo makes it easier.

So I understand the OP's problem, I don't know that removing camo is the solution, but I understand the complaint. Typically I can kill those guys, but you get enough of them and it's not worth trying because taking out one shows you to another. It's how you kill them, they fire, which in Reach and Halo 4 means they get a kill because sniper rifles have been made so much easier to use, and then you get a kill. Boring cycle continues.

Camo snipers aren't difficult to deal with, they're just LAME to deal with, which is frequently worse. I don't back its removal though, because in addition to questioning the logic behind it I also occasionally like taking camo and just hiding from Halo 4 for awhile.

This guy gets it.

My problem is people will sacrifice the win to protect their K/D. So what do they do? Instead of pushing the fight to try to make a comeback, they'd just rather sit in their spawn. I stealthily made my way to their base on Ragnarok, and 4 of them were in a circle meleeing each other. WTF? You want to play against these people? They aren't even trying to win. This community seriously lacks competition and a winning spirit.

I've never really viewed Invisibility as a problem. It is very easy to locate someone with invisibility by the jamming effect that it makes on the radar. This makes it more of a long distance AA to truly be successful with it. The key is that any long distance advantage that invisibility grants the user can easily be countered by a large number of different things... such as using the hardlight shield or sprinting/jetpacking away to safety.

People always complain about getting destroyed on maps like Ragnarok. The only way you get cleaned up every single time is if you run out in to the open where you can't take cover.

Sure, the invisibility is annoying, but if you don't put yourself into situations where you can't take cover quickly, you'll be fine. You might get hit two times, then the invis wears off and you're good to go.

People always complain about getting destroyed on maps like Ragnarok. The only way you get cleaned up every single time is if you run out in to the open where you can't take cover.

Sure, the invisibility is annoying, but if you don't put yourself into situations where you can't take cover quickly, you'll be fine. You might get hit two times, then the invis wears off and you're good to go.

Great tips, but that's not the issue that I'm facing. I'm facing dull opponents who lose regardless who refuse to move the game along. When I try moving the game along they just camp with their invisibility and never come out of hiding.

I've never really viewed Invisibility as a problem. It is very easy to locate someone with invisibility by the jamming effect that it makes on the radar. This makes it more of a long distance AA to truly be successful with it. The key is that any long distance advantage that invisibility grants the user can easily be countered by a large number of different things... such as using the hardlight shield or sprinting/jetpacking away to safety.

How does one "Jam" the the effect it makes on the radar? Seriously, I'm ignorant to what you're speaking of.

Great tips, but that's not the issue that I'm facing. I'm facing dull opponents who lose regardless who refuse to move the game along. When I try moving the game along they just camp with their invisibility and never come out of hiding.

How does one "Jam" the the effect it makes on the radar? Seriously, I'm ignorant to what you're speaking of.

When you are invisible the radar is jammed. You know when all those white dots appear. It gives good indication as to the are where the invisible enemy is hiding. Its pretty easy to spot someone invisible anyways when you look in the right direction.

Going invisible jams the radar :/ how don't you know this?

I knew that! But when I read this "It is very easy to locate someone with invisibility by the jamming effect that it makes on the radar." it made it sound like there was a way to counteract the invisibility users radar jammer. I read it wrong. I'll have to pay more attention to the invisibility user's radar jamming to triangulate.