Put in a MLG playlist already.

MLG Playlist

Alright, Im getting sick of all this assualt rifle Bs. Im not the only one who wants an MLG playlist. Theres not even slayer pro anymore? Come on. I cant play a match making game against anyone decent. MLG playlist/Slayer pro has been part of the game since halo 2. Why does 343 need to be different an not have an MLG playlist? Honestly its been long enough for this game to be out and as of right now its starting to bother the MLG community. I have talk with many players and they agree with me. WE NEED a playlist that is advanced for players who play MLG. Lets get on that before more players swtich over to play COD.

- Bombi

• Like 1

How about you wait a bit longer? Lots more playlists have to be introduced still including mlg... The next update for spartan ops and war games is coming out in jan 21st when it's been more than a time period that hasn't actually been than long you can complain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

MLG playlist/Slayer pro has been part of the game since halo 2. Why does 343 need to be different an not have an MLG playlist?

None of the other Halo games had an MLG playlist when they were released either. Since MLG players can't play real Halo, it takes some time to adjust everything for them.

I don't care for MLG, but if it would get the wannabe's out of regular matchmaking then yes, please do release it soon.

• Like 1

I don't think it was a smart move to remove all playlists that give the "experienced" players their comfort zone. I've seen almost my entire friend's list (even the die-hard Halo fans) switch to CoD. I still play Halo because I've manage to find a few players that run MLG customs all day but even they seem to be making the switch. You can't take the competitive aspects out of video game. First our visual number ranking system was stripped from us in Reach unlike H2 and H3 ran (which were 2 successful games btw); then the BR was nerfed to 5 shots rather than 4 making the DMR an obviously better gun.. and now this. No MLG. No slayer pro. No team snipers. All the competition is gone.. The game will die just like Reach.. I don't know what 343 is doing but it's as if they want us to stop playing.

None of the other Halo games had an MLG playlist when they were released either. Since MLG players can't play real Halo, it takes some time to adjust everything for them.

I don't care for MLG, but if it would get the wannabe's out of regular matchmaking then yes, please do release it soon.

So MLG isnt real Halo, but Camo-camping with a bolt shot in CTF is? Spamming the assault riffle/Storm riffle/Suppressor aimlesslywithout skill till you kill or be killed is real halo? Instant respawns and laggy kill cams, real halo?

no

Real halo is what MLG trys to bring the the Halo COmmunity. A default playlist with a base set of rules and loadouts where people can actually feel like their on a team. No radar for camping, just strait up DMR/BR battles and call outs. THAT'S HALO

So MLG isnt real Halo, but Camo-camping with a bolt shot in CTF is? Spamming the assault riffle/Storm riffle/Suppressor aimlesslywithout skill till you kill or be killed is real halo? Instant respawns and laggy kill cams, real halo?

Real Halo means as the game designers made it. If they only wanted 5 weapons, no radar, different movement speeds and shield strengths and gun strengths, levels built differently, etc, then that's what they would have made. But it's not. MLG redesigns the game. It's a glorified custom game.

Protecting your flag with a power weapon has always been a part of Halo-it is, after all, a good strategy. :rolleyes: Any decent player will expect it and be ready to counter it.

And I always love when people rage about the assault rifle. It just tells me you're angry at being killed that way so often, because you haven't found a way to fight it.

I really don't have a problem with them putting an MLG playlist in. Seems like 60% of the players I avoid for quitting or Unsporting Conduct are affiliated with MLG. If we could get them all into a seperate playlist, that'd be great.

Real Halo means as the game designers made it. If they only wanted 5 weapons, no radar, different movement speeds and shield strengths and gun strengths, levels built differently, etc, then that's what they would have made. But it's not. MLG redesigns the game. It's a glorified custom game.

Protecting your flag with a power weapon has always been a part of Halo-it is, after all, a good strategy. :rolleyes: Any decent player will expect it and be ready to counter it.

And I always love when people rage about the assault rifle. It just tells me you're angry at being killed that way so often, because you haven't found a way to fight it.

I really don't have a problem with them putting an MLG playlist in. Seems like 60% of the players I avoid for quitting or Unsporting Conduct are affiliated with MLG. If we could get them all into a seperate playlist, that'd be great.

Do you not understand that MLG made the population of Halo 2 and Halo 3 explode? Why 343 would want to think they know better than millions of gamers is beyond me but, it is apparent they have no clue on how retention rate works in gaming. The past month is proof of that with ideology that should have been in this game from the start just like in the past successful formula's of Halo (Reach does not count and worse move ever in changes).

On maps like on Haven it is really easy to be bumrushed by somebody with an AR that just instant spawned behind you (probably someone you just killed an used your last grenade on). You see Assualt Rifles and Surpressors on there, Adrift and Abandoned. I have yet to see someone seriously and successfully use them on much bigger maps, but I could be wrong.

Do you not understand that MLG made the population of Halo 2 and Halo 3 explode? Why 343 would want to think they know better than millions of gamers is beyond me but, it is apparent they have no clue on how retention rate works in gaming. The past month is proof of that with ideology that should have been in this game from the start just like in the past successful formula's of Halo (Reach does not count and worse move ever in changes).

Millions of gamers? Yeah, because obv. millions of people attend, watch and follow MLG events. Try checking the stream numbers next time you get the chance.

Millions of gamers? Yeah, because obv. millions of people attend, watch and follow MLG events. Try checking the stream numbers next time you get the chance.

Sorry if I came across as millions were involved attending, watching and following MLG. That was not the intention I was implying. More or less I ment millions of Halo fans past and present that are not happy with the current direction and formula Halo has taken.

Ya' know people have life, right? Like jobs and thing to do, other than play Halo, right? This chart merely proves anything besides First Month hype...

Its been a couple months since its been out and the population seems to be settled into he bottom of the graph. This is not due to people having jobs its due to people playing something else.

• Like 1