Extended Absence

Ahsoka

I am just informing you all for the next couple of weeks I will very rarely be on. Not only are the holidays coming up, and for some strange reason everyone wants their hair cut. So I'll be working long hours. A family member is fairly sick, so spending as much time with them as possible.

I'll log on as much as I can, but I can't promise anything. The Admiral will still be on a lot. My family member who is sick, doesn't really like him, so he won't be visiting near as much. Kind of a sad/funny situation. Anyway, he'll be able to provide any updates that are needed.

So yeah, tonight will probably be one of the last times I'm on for an extended period of time. The sick family member is about an hours drive away. And if things keep progressing they will have to be transferred to a hospital 3 hours away.. Just thought I'd let you all know.

-Ahsoka.

• Like 3

So I guess I'll provide updates on her Goodbye thread. So in the past 24 hours or so, a lot of things have happened. Her work load has increased due to more people either quitting or going away on maternity leave. Apparently December is the time to have kids in Washington. Due to so many people gone, there are only 3 hair stylists in the salon. So she's going to be working really long days. 8-12 hours for the most part and most likely she'll be working 5-6 days a week for the unforeseeable future.

Also her family member has taken a turn for the worse. So she's pretty cut up in a metaphorical sense. On one hand a very close family member is really sick. And the other hand her dream job is needing her to be there. She's trying to balance it as best as she can. If things don't improve on her family member in the next 36 hours, her family member will be transferred to Seattle, which is a 3 hour drive from where we live. Normally that isn't that bad, but with the weather the way it is, it makes it a hassle.

It's been snowing all day today. Which we both normally enjoy. But not this time due to the delays it causes on her drive time between work, the hospital, and the house. So she's asking if you all could keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I know this seems trivial compared to the recent tragedies in the news. But any thoughts would be much appreciated.

• Like 3

So I guess I'll provide updates on her Goodbye thread. So in the past 24 hours or so, a lot of things have happened. Her work load has increased due to more people either quitting or going away on maternity leave. Apparently December is the time to have kids in Washington. Due to so many people gone, there are only 3 hair stylists in the salon. So she's going to be working really long days. 8-12 hours for the most part and most likely she'll be working 5-6 days a week for the unforeseeable future.

Also her family member has taken a turn for the worse. So she's pretty cut up in a metaphorical sense. On one hand a very close family member is really sick. And the other hand her dream job is needing her to be there. She's trying to balance it as best as she can. If things don't improve on her family member in the next 36 hours, her family member will be transferred to Seattle, which is a 3 hour drive from where we live. Normally that isn't that bad, but with the weather the way it is, it makes it a hassle.

It's been snowing all day today. Which we both normally enjoy. But not this time due to the delays it causes on her drive time between work, the hospital, and the house. So she's asking if you all could keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I know this seems trivial compared to the recent tragedies in the news. But any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Well give her all the support and care you can, and whatever we can do to help (likely nothing but the offer will be there) just let us know.

First off, thank you all for the support. And as for another update. My boss at work let me go home early today, which was a blessing in itself. I was able to go see my sick family member. The family member seems to be doing better. I hope she keeps improving. The weather also cleared up. Yesterday we got 6 inches of snow and now it's mostly gone. Which makes getting around a lot easier.

Again thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I'm not sure what tomorrow is going to bring. But I have a great support group. Thank you all!

• Like 3

An update on Ahsoka. Yesterday her sick family member had a pretty major surgery. Late last night everything was going pretty good after surgery. But really early this morning, as in like 3 am she got a call from the hospital. The family member had become unresponsive and they had to do further surgery to try and save her.. It looks like they have the issue resolved, but nothing is certain at this point. It seems like every hour is a roller coaster ride.

At this point and time Ahsoka is going to be spending the majority of her time at the hospital. And any time she's not at the hospital she's probably going to be working. Again she's really asking that you keep her in her thoughts.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1