PLEASE DONT CATER TO THE WHINERS

Jamesw01

I understand adding a classic playlist. But the weapons are fine. Dmr is fine of course its gonna work well and your gonna choose it for big team battles. But when we go to haven youll get outgunned by an assault rifle up close. Boltshot is fine to, if ur complaining about how u get their shield and chase them around a corner and they kill u.

Then why do u keep doing that, expect thats comin and engage a different way maybe throw a grenade or pop around the corner and back up so they miss. If they go around the corner and go off ur radar theyre obviously have crouched and are sitting there waiting for u. The bolshot easy to strafe and dodge, sure sometimes u die but u just got outplayed.

I also enjoy the dmr fights more than the old br fights and makes strafing even more skill based considering it harder to dogde. If u miss ur screwed and makes it much more intense. Learn how to use each weapon correctly and how to counter them. Nothings overpowered if u can choose it to.

• Like 5

Obviously a DMR user and a fanboy

you know nothing about weapon balance

Im a jack of all trades like i said im gonna use a dmr on a big team game. But im use my storm rifle or ar on a close game. I even choose what im using depending on what others are using. Its called playing the game correctly.

The main problem with your logic of approaching the boltshot in a different way is flawed in that it forces people to act in a linear way. Hasn't 343i said that they made this game with an intention of making the possibilities endless in how a game is played out? The Boltshot inhibits this because it forces people to choose a certain ability or choose a certain path to avoid death.

So, here's my question. You would be willing to let a guy who is no shields get away from you because you fear one weapon? Where's the aggressiveness that this shooter is supposed to create?

Boltshot IS too strong for a secondary weapon. You can't say it isn't because never has there been a weapon that you could SPAWN with that takes 1 shot to kill someone.

Also, most people put the boltshot as their loadout to counter other boltshots. That takes away from the usefulness of the pistol. Honest to god, every weapon in the game should have some utility to it. The fact that I can't really use my pistol because it's weak as crap against everything else is really disconcerting.

The main problem with your logic of approaching the boltshot in a different way is flawed in that it forces people to act in a linear way. Hasn't 343i said that they made this game with an intention of making the possibilities endless in how a game is played out? The Boltshot inhibits this because it forces people to choose a certain ability or choose a certain path to avoid death.

So, here's my question. You would be willing to let a guy who is no shields get away from you because you fear one weapon? Where's the aggressiveness that this shooter is supposed to create?

Boltshot IS too strong for a secondary weapon. You can't say it isn't because never has there been a weapon that you could SPAWN with that takes 1 shot to kill someone.

Also, most people put the boltshot as their loadout to counter other boltshots. That takes away from the usefulness of the pistol. Honest to god, every weapon in the game should have some utility to it. The fact that I can't really use my pistol because it's weak as crap against everything else is really disconcerting.

I use my pistol on big team games for the range. Sometimes i need to be able to pop a head off with it. Or even on just complex or abandon all depends how the games going.

The boltshot doesnt force u to do anything thats just you not knowing the positive and negatives of each weapon. Ive have constantly used a plasma pistol and normal pistol to beat the boltshot. Ill use the the magnum by backing up and unleash five headshot. With the plasma pistol ill just fake left then strafe right shoot a charged shot melee them. No this doesnt always work out like that but i dont get mad and complain i say dam maybe i should of strafed left. Theres nothing wrong with someone beating u just learn from it.

I use my pistol on big team games for the range. Sometimes i need to be able to pop a head off with it. Or even on just complex or abandon all depends how the games going.

That's practically the only usefulness it may have though. I'm saying every gun should have some practical purpose in almost every game. Also, wouldn't you agree that the pistol's bloom is way too much, ammo capacity is too small, and damage is fairly weak?

Obviously a DMR user and a fanboy

you know nothing about weapon balance

Sounds like you're not capable of adapting your game and keeping aware of your surroundings to keep yourself in situations that are favorable to you. I'll take a BR toe to toe with a DMR any day at short to mid range. Maybe you should work on your strafe.

• Like 1

That's practically the only usefulness it may have though. I'm saying every gun should have some practical purpose in almost every game. Also, wouldn't you agree that the pistol's bloom is way too much, ammo capacity is too small, and damage is fairly weak?

Its as strong as a dmr and shoots faster and scopes in. Are u serious

Its as strong as a dmr and shoots faster and scopes in. Are u serious

But has awful bloom and will lose to the DMR/BR 99% of the time

Im a jack of all trades like i said im gonna use a dmr on a big team game. But im use my storm rifle or ar on a close game. I even choose what im using depending on what others are using. Its called playing the game correctly.

Using the AR or storm rifle is never playing the game right

I understand adding a classic playlist. But the weapons are fine. Dmr is fine of course its gonna work well and your gonna choose it for big team battles. But when we go to haven youll get outgunned by an assault rifle up close. Boltshot is fine to, if ur complaining about how u get their shield and chase them around a corner and they kill u.

Then why do u keep doing that, expect thats comin and engage a different way maybe throw a grenade or pop around the corner and back up so they miss. If they go around the corner and go off ur radar theyre obviously have crouched and are sitting there waiting for u. The bolshot easy to strafe and dodge, sure sometimes u die but u just got outplayed.

I also enjoy the dmr fights more than the old br fights and makes strafing even more skill based considering it harder to dogde. If u miss ur screwed and makes it much more intense. Learn how to use each weapon correctly and how to counter them. Nothings overpowered if u can choose it to.

So if an opponent runs away then he is home free because its too dangerous to chase him on the chance that he has a SECONDARY gun.

(1) You don't always have grenades and since you can't pick them up off the map or allies they are even more scarce

(2) Some corners are too tight to do this.

So if an opponent runs away then he is home free because its too dangerous to chase him on the chance that he has a SECONDARY gun.

(1) You don't always have grenades and since you can't pick them up off the map or allies they are even more scarce

I seem to play just fine getting around 25 kills an average game so obviously yall are doin something wrong. Its not that he's homefree its that u gotta change ur tactic to win and if u cant too bad.

apperently more strafting required in this game? it's first shot and your basicaly dead. try to turn around like halo 3 and out br,dmr someone who has the first 2 shots in it. I bet you can only do it 1/10 out of the time now instead of 6/10 the time. People have to be god awful for them to fail after hitting the first 1-2 shots because the game doesn't have that big of a skill gap anymore.

and as a secondary Boltshot is OP i use it just because others use it lol.

:mega_shok: ........ Have you ever played in a ranked list? Dood ......

Darn right they shouldnt cater to the whiners. Instead they should cater to me and me alone. My noobness needs all the help it can get.

LMAO!!

Its a game if you can't win then you change strategy if you can't change strategy then let the target get away. If your treating the weapons on the game so serious its like life or death. Then let me tell you this a 9mm is a secondary weapon and a shot to the head and you dead, in the future a weapon made by a Forerunners isn't going to stop to a primitive shield now is it. Be glad they didn't make the Boltshot kill you instantly from any distance.

I honestly stopped reading when you started to defend the BOLTSHOT, as just play better. No if ands or butts, the weapon is WAY OVERPOWERED for being a secondary weapon. You don't even have to be near the corner to lose with this weapon, he can round the pot a shot from 10 body lengths and STILL ONE SHOT YOU. Not to mention the charge time is only 1 second. You can have a pillar between yourself and the person, he can change weapons (BACK UP) not get closer and drop you with a single shot, in under 2 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGxrl9QWFeE&feature=g-crec-u

You shouldn't be able to spawn with a weapon that has the one hit range of shotgun. Sorry, its just pure malarky.

Never in ANY HALO, EVER, Have you had a secondary weapon so powerful.

People said the same exact thing about Armor lock, those who were defending it. Getting killed in cqc because of Armor lock? Adapt and play differently.

Yeah we saw how well that arguement went. Bull**** is bull****.

It really is just that simple. If I stick you with a plasma grenade and you shed it with armor lock. That is BULL****. I had to do far more to actually stick you with a grenade, then you just pressing the armor ability button and being fine. That isn't EQUAL, that isn't fun. Not to mention it violated a golden rule in halo multiplayer, which is if you get stuck, you. are. dead.

(I know 343i patched this and Armor lock is much more managable to deal with now)

Its a similar principal with the boltshot. It's just not fun to play against, and alienates players that love getting up close and infighting. And when you're about to kill someone, lets say on exile in B, they just duck behind one of the many cuts to duck into, and pop out with the boltshot. And it's retardly easy to do this in turn. Just like it was easy to use armor lock to counter armor lock, making some of the dumbest fights I can remember in halo.

I both agree and disagree. People whine WAY too much.

I feel the DMR is not too far overpowered. Logically speaking, it was bound to be the default all around good weapon on concept alone. Accurate, powerful, semi auto. Sound familiar? That being said, the BR and Light Rifle are also viable, easily. Even if the DMR is "better", that doesn't mean the other weapons are not all but as deadly. And the Carbine is as it should be. It's hard to use, but it can actually BEAT the DMR theoretically. Same as it has always been in that respect. If they made it just one shot stronger, then IT might be OP. Balance is fragile.

I'm reeeeeally on the fence when it comes to the Boltshot. I use it, and I admit it. It often seems a little too good. There's definitely a strong argument there. The thing is, it DOES have it's disadvantages. Not saying they warrant it's strengths.

The Plasma pistol is certainly still good. The BS does not make it obsolete. It does a multitude of jobs well. If you're playing a tight game on Adrift? Of course the BS is going to be the go to secondary. But the PP is still fine. The magnum? Well... I think it's roughly balanced. It's one shot weaker than the DMR. But, it fires faster. It makes a good compliment to CQC primaries. I don't know.

I will go ahead and disagree with the "Get better" agument for the Boltshot. It's not about that. It's about the options it opens up for you. That you wouldn't have with any other basic weapon.

You shouldn't be able to spawn with a weapon that has the one hit range of shotgun. Sorry, its just pure malarky.

Never in ANY HALO, EVER, Have you had a secondary weapon so powerful.

People said the same exact thing about Armor lock, those who were defending it. Getting killed in cqc because of Armor lock? Adapt and play differently.

Yeah we saw how well that arguement went. Bull**** is bull****.

It really is just that simple. If I stick you with a plasma grenade and you shed it with armor lock. That is BULL****. I had to do far more to actually stick you with a grenade, then you just pressing the armor ability button and being fine. That isn't EQUAL, that isn't fun. Not to mention it violated a golden rule in halo multiplayer, which is if you get stuck, you. are. dead.

(I know 343i patched this and Armor lock is much more managable to deal with now)

Its a similar principal with the boltshot. It's just not fun to play against, and alienates players that love getting up close and infighting. And when you're about to kill someone, lets say on exile in B, they just duck behind one of the many cuts to duck into, and pop out with the boltshot. And it's retardly easy to do this in turn. Just like it was easy to use armor lock to counter armor lock, making some of the dumbest fights I can remember in halo.

I won't say the Boltshot isn't at least a bit OP, but other than that, I will go ahead and have to disagree.

See, I liked Armor Lock. People complained about it WAY too much. In the context of that, I would agree with the people who said to adapt. AL, while powerful, was the easiest AA in the game to counter. It was the only one that instantly made you become 100% predictable. What goes up must come down, as they say. It rooted you in place, and once you came out, provided people weren't stupid and stood right next to you, could easily take you down. With a lot of the other AA's, they could be used against you actively in a limitless amount of ways. When someone starts sprinting, there is no "Counter". When someone used Armor Lock, you pack up and toss a nade. Sure, it could hard counter swords and what not, but Sprint made them twice as good too. Balance.

And on Halo 4, the thing is, the game is very fast, and kill times are possibly the fastest they have ever been. The DMR/BR/Whatever kills quickly. Power weapons are slightly less dominating because of this, which is fine. But it also means that all weapons need to step up. While it's true Halo has never had a one shot starting weapon, it's also never had a lot of other things. Like regen fields. Needlers kill faster than ever. The sandbox has changed. This isn't Reach, and the Boltshot is not completely unreasonable. I'm not saying it's not 100% balanced either, it's very arguable. But all in all, H4 is a different game.