Any chance of possibly adding these new control schemes through a patch 343?

Antor

New Controller Setup  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should 343 add these new control schemes via a patch?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only the first option
    • Yes, but only the second option
    • Yes, for the second option except switch sprint with AA
    • No

Not sure if 343 already mentioned anything about adding new control schemes at some point or if that is even possible to do via patch but I had an idea that might be more suitable for players of both the Halo and COD games.

Here's my idea, I like the fishstick control scheme except for one thing the B button as crouch is kind of clunky but other than that is pretty good in my opinion. However, I think adding these two new control schemes might make the game play better, one is essentially similar to what the Tactical setup is like in COD except the LB for tactical grenades are now Armor Abilities. The other is for fans of the class Halo Default control scheme and Halo Reach's Recon setup, the difference between the current Halo 4 Recon control scheme and my proposed New Alt Recon setup fixes the awful decision to have the x-button be sprint. Below are the new layouts for each one:

New Tactical Control Scheme:

LT: Zoom

RT: Shoot

LB: Armor Ability

RB: Throw Grenade

Left Stick: Move/Sprint

Right Stick: Aim/Crouch

Y Button: Switch Weaopns

B Button: Melee

A Button: Jump

X Button: Action/ Reload

D-Pad: Ordinace/ Switch Grenades

Select: Show Scoreboard

Start: Menu

New Alt Recon Control Scheme:

LT: Throw Grenades

RT: Shoot

LB: Sprint

RB: Armor Ability

Left Stick: Move/Crouch

Right Stick: Aim/Zoom

Y Button: Switch Weaopns

B Button: Melee

A Button: Jump

X Button: Action/ Reload

D-Pad: Ordinace/ Switch Grenades

Select: Show Scoreboard

Start: Menu

*I was a fan of sprint as my AA in Reach so that is why I have LB as sprint instead of AA.

Please Let me know what you guys think, would this make for better control setups, cast your vote!

There are multiple control schemes in the game. You couldn't find one that worked for you? I apologize if i sound hostile, I'm just curious.

Yes, I know there are a ton of options, but honestly most of those options are sub-par in my opinion, that's why I obviously started this discussion. Like I said the one that feels the most decent is the Fishstick setup minus crouch being the B button. I'm not demanding 343 do anything, I'm just suggesting that if it's possible to patch, these new control schemes might be better options for people who currently dislike the new options that were included with the game when it shipped. I'm just curious to see what others think about the situation as well because I can't be the only one who feels like there could be improvements.

• Like 1

Yes please please add more controls. Make them completely customizable for the first time in a halo game. I would love that because I usually just want small changes and no one pre made control set ever fits. For instance I always wanted to try putting melee onto LB because it would have been more fluid in AR battles because you could continue to hold fire while meleeing. Any control patch would be much appreciated. Great game by the way. Was a little worried about it not being bunjie but I think 343 did great. Other than this control scheme thing it's a well made game.