Setting the record straight.

Twinreaper

- Twinreaper :3 TL;DR (Yeah, I can do that)

That's the first thing I read ^^; lol

But to day some things.

I understand soem or most of you are new to the site, and gettign bashed or called names out of the gate is uncalled for and hurtfull.

I have hardly ever found a 'lover' as you say to hate and bash a hater. I find the complete opposite. A hater goes on, and calls 'lovers' such and such for liking it, and the worst part is when they say "You're obviously not a true Halo fan, so gtfo". That's probably by far the worst argument and insult a hater says, and it's so damn often, it's not funny.

However I do agree to an extent that 'lovers' should NOT go into a thread and just attack the OP because they can. Two things is wrong with it, you're violating this site's rules. AND you're classifying yourself a hater, a hater of the opposite side of the opinion.

I will not hesitate to tear you apart or humiliate you if that is what it takes to get YOU to understand or behave accordingly.

As for this part, to the members who don't know Twin, when he says this, he means it lol.

So best to be in his good books :3

• Like 1

And this is exactly why I stay in hiding now. I have reasons for it. But a very great post, Twin. Dear Lord, please let everyone see this and maybe, just maybe, the stress from the ongoing wars will come back down. Thank you Twin for this. I am glad that someone has gotten a thread out there about this issue. :hug:

I do agree. It has become annoying to see both sides. Those who enjoy the game, whether they think it is perfection on a disc or just that it's a great experience have no good reason to bash anyone who disagrees with them, especially not label them a troll, even if they are spouting the same thing as others before them. Likewise, those that don't really enjoy the game should not mock and question the intelligence or skill of those who do.

What especially irks me is seeing new members signing up with names praising or bashing 343 Industries or Halo 4. This is just asking for a "fight", so I do wish that those considering the idea would instead come up with a legitimate username that won't possibly cause any drama between themselves and others.

I agree with your message, but I have serious doubts that it will have much of an impact as myself, you, and other members have tried bringing these kinds of things to attention before, tried bringing our community together, but to no avail.

• Like 2

My issue has been, and I'm sure plenty of us have seen this is one post or another, when those of us who like Halo 4 and openly express it are being told that we are in denial. Um, if I enjoy Halo 4, but someone else doesn't, that doesn't mean I am in denial. That just means I had a different experience and saw the game from a different perspective than that of the person who didn't enjoy the game.

Another point here, it's just a game! A video game, just like any other form of entertainment, is subjective. That means just because someone doesn't like a game, movie, song, etc doesn't mean that it's bad. It just means someone didn't like it. It wasn't for them.

So, with this in mind, it's obvious that Halo 4 didn't meat everyone's expectations. Does this mean that 343 ruined Halo? Maybe for some people. But, again, that is subjective.

Honestly, I think some people need to just get over the changes made in Halo 4. Some just want it to be a rehash of older Halo titles. Sorry, but, it's called Halo 4 for a reason. That's because it's different from 2, 3, etc. It's not the same game. And it doesn't need to be the same in order to be part of the Halo series. It just needs to follow the story to the best of it's ability and be set in the same universe.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that. (Forrest Gump anyone?)

• Like 1

This isn't exactly a new phenomenon. If you've ever been a longtime member of any gaming community (I know I'm new HERE, but I've been around... and I've lurked here a very long time) you should know that this kind of divisive trolling happens virtually everywhere. People on the internet seem to go into this strange mental space. Some attribute it to the anonymity. Others attribute it to people's ages, but I have my doubts about the latter.

In any case, yes, both "sides" of the debate should really refrain from being so hostile and belligerent in the expression of their opinions. If, like me, you enjoy the game... just say so and move on. Don't tell people who don't like it that they're wrong. Understand that they love Halo as much as you do, and that for them this game is a massive disappointment. Think back to times when you've had a beloved franchise butchered from your perspective, and how crappy that felt. Have some empathy. And likewise, if you despise the game, don't go around telling people who love it that they're in denial or stupid or don't know anything about the series. Just accept that not everyone experiences the game the way you did. Continue to voice your criticisms in constructive ways and hopefully someone somewhere will hear them and do something that comes closer to satisfying everyone, yourselves included.

OMG Dog is back! Woooot! and he posted in my thread. Now if I could just Twam to do it for once.....

But yeah, thanks for the thumbs up guys. I hope a few of the naughty guys around here will get their acts together, but honestly...I'm not hoping or holding out for much, as Mystie said. But if someone like me goes on without at least trying, then in the end I couldn't very well rise the biggest stinkest about it. I find it better to be proactive than passive......

If it wasn't for you I'd have rageblasted forum members for differing opinions including yourself for threatening me.

But then I quit acting like a Neanderthal and put down my sticks and rocks and realized maybe I just have rage issues. (I WAS mad bro, but not anymore).

So in those regards thanks for setting me straight and sacking up to talk to the community when nobody else would. I'm serious. Takes a man to do that. (Even on the Internet).

Why am I seeing all these old members back so suddenly?? Not saying it's a bad thing, but this place got pretty rough right after release. I did my best to try keep the forums a friendly environment, but I had almost no support from any senior members when doing so. Anyways, nice to see you guys back, and great post twin

The game of halo has gone down hill so hard bcs reach was trashy garbage not fit to ever be talked about in positive manner. Then you add even more aim assist.OP weapons.killcams that broken.insta spawn for letting campers continue to camp.a feels like 5 sec long anime assination kill.no ranks so scrubs are with skilled so the scrubs camp like usual and the skill keeps down

GP Twin

I totally agree with what you're saying. That being said, there's really now way to control how folks express theirselves unless they go directly against the CoC here and then you can take some measures ie: temp bans, hiding posts, etc etc. This is to be expected, to a degree anyway simply because we are all human and all humans are decidedly different and we all have different opinions and express them in different ways.

Personally, I'm one of the folks who is decidedly less than happy about the release of H4 due to the way it has been handled and I'll leave that alone here as you can simply look up my posts and look into my thoughts on the matter.

I would also say that both sides of the "debate" are absolutely valid as they are what they are which is simply to say that the game is to each player as that player perceives it.

There is also going to be a deeper side to that as some of us who are seriously competitive and do take the time to play in LAN tournies will see things that most others won't and that's ok, we get that.

Back to the point, GP Twin, IDK if it will do any good or not but I hope it does.

BaD

I agree withyou twin but I think that the people who come on here to "hate" do a couple of things other than just state an opinion. If somebody wants to give an opinion I think that it should be directly at the problem and that it not be an attack. So instead of there being a thread called...

"343i You are stupid for including the boltshot" a.d their being some person who just says the bolt shot is super OP. 343 you are dumb to include it. I want it out and out now.

They should instead give their opinion. Make a thread called "why I think the boltshot is OP." Then explain their opinion with facts and backup

Twin I hardly know you and rarely have spoke to you, but this post shows alot about your true feelings and I hope that more people will read this thread and realize how pointless fighting is considering we are all entitled to our opinions and usually no one changes there mind in the end. So I thank you about posting this thread and hopefully open peoples mindsclap.gif .

When people give legit reasons why they dislike something in halo 4 i hear them out and do not "tear into them"

However when someone comes on the forums and says 343i is stupid or makes a post ripping 343i apart because they are not bungie or when they say i will never play this game again because of a pistol then that is when i become a little more hostile toward the poster

i dont intend to be hateful even though sometimes that is how i come across