Complete Guide: Halo 4 Callouts

haTillah

I just got into competitive Halo.This is probably going to sound like a really stupid question,however your video looks great and you seem knowledgeable,my skill in other FPS' are quite good,but Halo is very differant, i usually only played for fun...so with that i ask what do you get out of knowing what side you are on in the map?

Knowing your position is important at all times. Self Awareness is key in Halo 4. Knowing which side of the map you are on is one of the first thoughts triggered subconsciously inside your head. It is then, right after you recognize the side you are on, that you put all of the call outs in place in your head. For example, on Haven I use two call outs for the two beginning spawn points. "Open Side" which is the side you are able to jump off the back with the bilateral bottom ramps and the single middle ramp leading to the top of the map, and "Closed Side" which is the other side you start off at in the beginning of the game with the closed outer skirts so you are unable to jump off the edge. We base everything off Open side, Open side is our center point of the map, we base right side and left side off of where the open side is located. Might sound confusing now but you will understand.