Halo Side games(While halo 4,5,and 6 are being made)

Dominator

I think that they should try a halo rpg, I know it's not following the elements of halo but neither did odst. Make it kind of as a side story where it has to do with but not the main thing.

yeah even though i have no idea what a rpg is other than a rocket launcher, i think its time for halo to expand past first person i mean a third person would be nice.

Im gonna be honest here,

Halo is and always will be my favourite game of all time, but I really can't see something like a 20th anniversary or a 30th anniversary. The reason 343i own Halo now is because:

A) Bungie wanted to become independent

B) Microsoft wanted Halo to turn all CoD-ish and have at least one game come out annualy (at least that's what I have heard)

So if a Halo game is going to come out every year, great in the short term but in the long term, I really cannot see how much more this universe can be stretched. But then I really do admire your creative and inspirational Ideas. Prehaps YOU should be the guy at the Halo drawing board. Coming up with all these game ideas. I haven't read the books but if this is where the franchise is going and you have these ideas. Im sure to get every one.

Overall, Brilliant! good work :thumbsup:

wow thanks man! haha not many show there apreiaction for these threads so means alot! and that would be sick to be at the drawing boards. i have been playing this universe since i was six, i feel i know what would make halo continue, the way i see it is keep the "main" halo games every three years and in between halo 4 and 5 we get a side game, then halo 5 and six side game, then another and so on. i would never want yearly halo games. that would be gay as hell! haha

thanks for the support!

• Like 1

the MMO sounds epic that would be so awesome except the one live limit thenn the teams would un even but other than that that wwould be epic.

thanks, i just firgured...1000 people....thats alot to kill really when they respond lol i figured they could have maby two gametypes people who want it to feel like a war, and then the large warfare style.

I think that they should try a halo rpg, I know it's not following the elements of halo but neither did odst. Make it kind of as a side story where it has to do with but not the main thing.

agreed, that kind of thing is not right for Halo normal(the MC) but a side game would be good

I like most of your ideas. I also think they should make games based of the books. Like: Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, or Fall of reach, ect...

Please God- NO!!!

There is no space in Halo: Ghosts Of Onyx (My Favourite Book of all time) to make a game out of as all the characters are used. Unless they use the Gamma Company Spartans which I hope they don't because they will kill off another company of Fantastic characters...

Also, The Fall of Reach- there is only as much there to be done as there was in Halo Reach- More un-canon Spartan II's (Their active number was limited due to Augmentation effects etc.) that would have to destroy un-heard of targets etc. (Though the death of the Reach Timed Arbiter (Preceding Thel Vadam)needs to be clarified). It would also mean more bending of Canon. e.g The Pillar Of Autumn was already leaving the system when the covenant fleet appeared over Reach- not being launched from Azod.

Halo Wars 2 and ODST 2 are the best bets because they were awesome (halo wars needs a huge over haul to be far better though- Reference Command and Conquer and Dawn of War.)

Please God- NO!!!

There is no space in Halo: Ghosts Of Onyx (My Favourite Book of all time) to make a game out of as all the characters are used. Unless they use the Gamma Company Spartans which I hope they don't because they will kill off another company of Fantastic characters...

Also, The Fall of Reach- there is only as much there to be done as there was in Halo Reach- More un-canon Spartan II's (Their active number was limited due to Augmentation effects etc.) that would have to destroy un-heard of targets etc. (Though the death of the Reach Timed Arbiter (Preceding Thel Vadam)needs to be clarified). It would also mean more bending of Canon. e.g The Pillar Of Autumn was already leaving the system when the covenant fleet appeared over Reach- not being launched from Azod.

Halo Wars 2 and ODST 2 are the best bets because they were awesome (halo wars needs a huge over haul to be far better though- Reference Command and Conquer and Dawn of War.)

true but how many FPS genra's get big enough to have a RTS? Halo is like one of the first if not the only. and I know for a fact it's the only FPS to do this in the modern age of gaming

true but how many FPS genra's get big enough to have a RTS? Halo is like one of the first if not the only. and I know for a fact it's the only FPS to do this in the modern age of gaming

Halo Wars was good- I agree. only, it was massivly limited by pop cap, building construction, rock,paper,scissors gameplay etc. If it takes free base building, large caps, and a better unit system as seen in Command and Conquer games (Everything before C&C4 TT and RA3) and Dawn of War(1)- then it has potential to become one of the greatest RTS' of all time

Halo Wars was good- I agree. only, it was massivly limited by pop cap, building construction, rock,paper,scissors gameplay etc. If it takes free base building, large caps, and a better unit system as seen in Command and Conquer games (Everything before C&C4 TT and RA3) and Dawn of War(1)- then it has potential to become one of the greatest RTS' of all time

Oh i dont disagree! my point is for a FPS, it makes one hell of a fun ass RTS! haha but yeah if they were to increase it i would fall in love even more and then there would be two genras conqored by the halo universe! haha

Dominator, you know you can MultiQuote right? Haha

I think ODST:2 and Wars:2 would be good side stories. Also, I would not mind seeing another game like Reach where you step back in time to the first contact with the covenant on Harvest. The time frame of he game can span the first several years of the war with the covenant and the Spartan program.

Whatever happens though I hope there is flood. I missed not having flood in ODST or in Reach. I know they have their place with in the cannon but I love fighting with the flood.

On the MMO...

Bungie is working with Activision on a huge new MMO project called destiny if you haven't heard about it. With more and more games going MMO I would prefer to keep gamers tethered to their boxes playing Multiplayer online.

Dominator, you know you can MultiQuote right? Haha

I think ODST:2 and Wars:2 would be good side stories. Also, I would not mind seeing another game like Reach where you step back in time to the first contact with the covenant on Harvest. The time frame of he game can span the first several years of the war with the covenant and the Spartan program.

Whatever happens though I hope there is flood. I missed not having flood in ODST or in Reach. I know they have their place with in the cannon but I love fighting with the flood.

On the MMO...

Bungie is working with Activision on a huge new MMO project called destiny if you haven't heard about it. With more and more games going MMO I would prefer to keep gamers tethered to their boxes playing Multiplayer online.

like i said the MMO is a side game idea i want it to be stand alone and be not about story but the pure fun of a halo game :)

wow thanks man! haha not many show there apreiaction for these threads so means alot! and that would be sick to be at the drawing boards. i have been playing this universe since i was six, i feel i know what would make halo continue, the way i see it is keep the "main" halo games every three years and in between halo 4 and 5 we get a side game, then halo 5 and six side game, then another and so on. i would never want yearly halo games. that would be gay as hell! haha

thanks for the support!

no problem dude. They seriously are good ideas and I agree about the yearly thing being gay. Hey, if you wanna game sometime my Gamertag is Spatular Matt96.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the last idea. It could be like the opening scene in "Halo: Ghost of Onyx" where 300 S III's storm the covenant ship making factory. Epic battles with hundreds of players sounds like fun. I read a thread like this somewhere and these would be awesome!

Dude I was thinking the same thing haha. Yeah if they made it somehow with not much lag. I would nerdgasm.

Odst was a horrible game. They could have done a way better job on it and instead they rushed it. I love how in halo 2 all of the odst had a br and in the real game their was now br haha. Another pathetic attempt from bungie to try and make you feel stealthy in the game by giving you a silenced smg. The whole story was off and a joke.

Personally I think we should be grateful to have even got another 10 years of dedication to the series, IMO I'm not sure if 343 Industries and/or Microsoft will even want to continue the Trilogy after that.

Other than that great idea! =D I would love to see another ODST game - Haven't played Halo Wars though.