How would you end the game?

actionjaxn411

I was thinking of how to create a Halo ending that was original and could be very memorable/epic. One thing I've wanted to see was a warthog run-like sequence but in a pelican or long sword. The scenario I imagine is that Requiem is unstable and is in the process of tearing itself apart. Unsc and covenant ships and Promethean forces are located deep within requiem (since it is an artificial planet I feel like there is room for a few fleets "inside"). Somehow only chief and cortana are the only ones able to stop requiem from collapsing on itself, so you play as chief flying a long sword into the heart of requiem dodging massive falling debris and unsc/covenant ships are racing AT you trying to get out although its ultimately futile unless you save them. Besides my idea, do any of you have any thoughts on how you would like a game to end?

With this game and what they've told us about the trilogy(Halo 5 being darker than other games) I would like it to end with Cortana dying and chief mourning her. That's it. No dramatic explosion(well maybe one) just a human ending

Not bad, seems like it would work.

With the Didact escaping to space, going to Earth. And the Infinity giving chase, that would be a good cliff hanger (you know there will be one)

I don't think it'll end woth a cliffhanger. After the fans reactions with Halo 2's ending, I wouldn't expect 343 to end this game with a cliff hanger

I don't think it'll end woth a cliffhanger. After the fans reactions with Halo 2's ending, I wouldn't expect 343 to end this game with a cliff hanger

I think they will end it with the Chief being informed of some important revelation. (After some explosions and a death here and there)

Or they make Cortana whisper something to him (the news/revelation) then she dies.

Then we find out about this revelation in Halo 5.

I don't think that'll happen. What what Cortana have to tell him? I thinks their final moments together would be just them being together as she knows she's gonna die.

Maybe the legendary scene could consist of Faber (The Master Builder) approaching an imprisoned Didact.

As for Cortana dying, I imagined that Chief and Cortana are on the planet that the Forerunners used as their capital. A barely usable holo platform is working among the Forerunner structures, Cortana appears on the platform.

The Chief sits down, and takes of his helmet (The camera angles would consist of being behind Chief, so we don't see his face, or looking upon Cortana while the Chief and her talk). Cortana would talk about how it's beautiful there, so much lost knowledge.

Then some more conversation, and I know this is a cheesy, but perhaps the sun sets in the distant, the Chief watches it, then turns back to Cortana only to find that she's not there anymore, and the holo platform has died out as well.

Then it goes to dark.

The dark could symbolize both how lonely Chief is without her in the years to come, as well as showing how the Chief would have to go back to how he did things before being intertwined with Cortana.

Maybe as the screen goes dark, the screen gets glitchy, and it shows Cortana (like it did in Halo 3), and she says;

"I knew I chose the best. Make me proud, John." As Chief walks to a transport that has just landed on the planet.

I don't think that'll happen. What what Cortana have to tell him? I thinks their final moments together would be just them being together as she knows she's gonna die.

She could tell him many things. Where the Didact is going, what he plans on doing, something unrelated like the Librarian and 343 Guilty Spark, etc, etc.

She could tell him many things. Where the Didact is going, what he plans on doing, something unrelated like the Librarian and 343 Guilty Spark, etc, etc.

I think chief will kill or defeat the Didact in this game. And I don't think cortana will spend her last moments with chief setting up his next adventure, but rather appreciating the times they had together.

Just as Halsey finds a cure for Cortana, she goes mad, and flees to a Forerunner device, and takes over the Prometheans.

Chief tries to stop her, and gets badly punched on the way; Didact goes full offense on her, and his ex-minions, but Cortana takes over his suit, and strips him off of it.

Cortana goes mad, and flees to Earth with the Promethean army and the Covies, who think she is the Didact.. Chief and Didact go on a truce to stop a bigger enemy: Cortana.

On a side-story, Didact and Cortana learn the Librarian might be alive, both go on a hunt for her.

Idk about that, seeing as the Didact hates humanity so much, it could happen...take the fight to Earth and Humanity after Requiem

I think the Didact will take the composer to Earth to turn mankind into Prometheans. 343 never said whether or not the Promethean A.I.s were made from Forerunners or Ancient Humans, so I think they were made from humans.

I think the Didact will take the composer to Earth to turn mankind into Prometheans. 343 never said whether or not the Promethean A.I.s were made from Forerunners or Ancient Humans, so I think they were made from humans.

I agree...I think they were made by the humans from the first Human Forerunner war and seeing as the Didact HATES humanity this could happen