Hello Everyone,

Before I start off. What would you do if chief died in the campaign? Honest answer. Now on quick refresher on where we've come from. We battled along this veteran spartan super soldier 'sierra 117' and his somewhat expendable friends for close to 12 years now. The first game out and was a success within 6 months becoming loved and adored by FPS fans across the globe who begged for a seocnd game with there new hero, The Master Chief. Then the release of Halo 2 brought fans together again as they continued to battle the now english speaking covenant, killing a prophet or two and dealing the covenant a major blow, pumping fans with adrenaline before the release of one of the most renowned FPS shooters of all time, Halo 3 which sent chief after his virtual lady friend Cortana, who was in the clutches of the Gravemind who had coordinated the flood since game 1. Following Halo 3 was the completely unrelated Games; Reach, ODST and Wars which recieved varying degrees of success. Then a dream come true for fans when 343 announce the creation of Halo 4, the next chunck of storyline for our beloved hero in his seemingly neverending quest to get home. But will 343 end Chief's journey here or will this Juggernaut remain unkillable for a few more games yet? Well, what would you like to happen? DO you think it's time for the old timer to take a rest or do you think he has many years of universal dominance over convenant tyranny still to come? Have your say, leave a comment and an opinion and see what everyone else thinks and together we can let 343 know what we want to happen to OUR hero :D

Look, the halo series if the best and first 1st person shooter of this era. Im sure that even if they did kill him, you wouldn't be dissapointed. But I don't think they will. They could make alot of money of the halo franchise so I wouldn't be surprised if there were even more halo games ( maybe not as high budgeted ) even after the Forerunner Trilogy. What im trying to say is. No. I don't think he will die.

Game developers feel they have to kill off main characters in games for them to have shock and awe value. That's I'd the stupidest concept I've ever had to grasp ever. CoD SPOILER***

When your partner in crime in modern warfare 3 died off that was the most unnecessary thing I've ever seen. No reason he had to die. When (and I'm assuming we all beat halo 3) the sergeant major died at the hands of 343 (no pun intended) I had to ask myself why? That was also stupid. Why after three long games did he die at the hands of guilty spark? Halo couldn't stop him. (Still don't know how he got off that first ring world after hugging that elite.) The events of Halo 2 couldn't stop him... Really?

If they killed off master chief that would be like Nintendo killing off Mario. You must be off your gah deeyam rocker to think S117, JOHN would die at the ends of anything sentient or otherwise. I would chalk that up as the biggest waste of 20+ years of gaming by the time Halo 6 comes out if that happened.

Stop killing off people that don't need to die for dramatic effect. The ONLY character that had to die was gears of wars CARMINE. (Family). Lol. That's only because it made the third gears of war installments carmine epic. (Pun intended). That's my opinion.

Well Microsoft has bought the domain name to Halo 7 8 and 9, so its possible chief will be around much longer then you think, However, that is only if these next 3 (more including spin offs) games do really well, which they look set to do......... But IF he died, it wont be till Halo 6, and that will be the day my gaming life dies :( ......... naaa kidding XD But it will suck

If they killed off master chief that would be like Nintendo killing off Mario. You must be off your gah deeyam rocker to think S117, JOHN would die at the ends of anything sentient or otherwise. I would chalk that up as the biggest waste of 20+ years of gaming by the time Halo 6 comes out if that happened.

This.

No, it wouldn't, because Chief merely needs a Plasma Pistol EMP and a Carbine round to kill him, whereas Mario can find green mushrooms to extend his already multiple lives.

Also, you won't see "Halo Kart", "Halo Tennis", or even "Halo Galaxy 3". Mario won't ever die off because it wouldn't make sense. Chief can because he is part of a storyline which has an absolute beginning and and absolute ending with chronology to abide by.

No, it wouldn't, because Chief merely needs a Plasma Pistol EMP and a Carbine round to kill him, whereas Mario can find green mushrooms to extend his already multiple lives.

Also, you won't see "Halo Kart", "Halo Tennis", or even "Halo Galaxy 3". Mario won't ever die off because it wouldn't make sense. Chief can because he is part of a storyline which has an absolute beginning and and absolute ending with chronology to abide by.

I wasn't speaking in a literal sense. Wow you're daft. I was speaking figuratively that he's Xbox's symbol. Nintendo IS Mario so to speak. Without chief Xbox is iconless. No other video game icon has done for Xbox what the chief did for it. Killing him off would marketing suicide and a total waste of time on shock and awe value. It would cheapen the whole console if they took that route.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to assume the Chief does not die in Halo 4, since there are to be two more games after it. If he does die in 4, then I'm done with Halo. No way can you have the main protagonist, the icon for the entire series, die in the beginning of the new trilogy, and then expect the following two games to be worthwhile. I'm sorry. Halo without Master Chief is just a spin off (although I did enjoy ODST and Reach).

Master chief wont die for awhile,when the books end then maybe he does. but there is so much they can do with the halo series even if he dies defending earth from the worse foe he has yet to fight.but that will be awhile, but will be a very sad day when he does finaly meet his end and is declared MIA.

Master chief wont die for awhile,when the books end then maybe he does. but there is so much they can do with the halo series even if he dies defending earth from the worse foe he has yet to fight.but that will be awhile, but will be a very sad day when he does finaly meet his end and is declared MIA.

Master Chief drives the games. Without the games there would be no books. The books don't decide whether he lives or dies that's ridiculous. That's like them writing a graphic novel about sonic the hedgehog and killing him off with Sega planning on 2 more games? Wtf? No sense whatsoever.

I read an idea somewhere(don't remember, maybe here) where in Halo 6(or 9, depending in how the revlaimer trilogy goes)Chief is on a shield world, and the flood has contaminated the galaxy again. the Didact is there and they fight,and chief finally kills the Didact, but is mortallÿ wounded. He realies that there is I way to save the galaxy now, so he does what he never wanted to do, he activates one of the rings. He looks as the galaxy dies in front of him as he is safe in the shield world. This would be one of the most memorable and greatest endings in video game history because John is giving the ultimate sacrifice, not his life, but everything he has fought to defend his whole life. While 343 probably won't do this because it would force any future games to prequels, I would definitely be fine with this ending, and it would make Chief the definitive hero, someone who takes action even though they have something to lose. Whoever came up with this is a genius

Like he said earlier spartans dont die they go MIA, What i invision if it really goes to Halo 9...is Chief going MIA in game like 7 maybe or 6 and takeing on the role of someone else...then in 9 he comes back somehow and finishes the covenant once and for all

I dont think itll go to 9 though...i mean thats alot to ask of a story line...6 would probbly be the limit and i dought it will even be called Halo 6