How does the bullet spread/bloom work in Halo 4?

Echo

Is the BR a consistent shot this time around or does it get less accurate as you shoot? (despite there being no VISIBLE bloom).

Is it hit scan like Halo 2 or lead your shot like Halo 3?

Basically, if i spammed the trigger with the BR, would it be the same results each shot (with the exception of recoil) or would the shots become more and more random as i spam the trigger?

Bullet spread always operates the same way regardless of title. The question you are more so asking is how much is there, and on what weapons. To answer that one, I would have to look at the data from the weapon tags to tell you that.

Also, the weapons in Halo 2 were not "Hitscan". Hitscan means a weapon shoots a projectile with infinite velocity and range, and simultaniously hits it's target as it leaves the barrel. Halo 2 weapons had projectile speed defined and it varied from weapon to weapon.

Recoil on the other hand is going to be an issue. They stated before that the BR in particular would have a "z axis" recoil similar to the SMG, but from the gameplay I have seen, it is either very small recoil, or they decided not to include it. Overall we really have to wait to play the game, and wait till we modders get a hold of the files and try to crack them open before you will know for sure.

• Like 1

Well from my experience at SDCC there is far less spread than in past Halo titles...seemingly th advaced tech is finally showing through...although the human sniper still only has a 4 round clip lol. Here are a few new vids showcasing the weapons in action, the titles Longbow 2 has some really good LR and BR gameplay showing the spread

http://halo4nation.com/videos/a-handful-of-gameplays/

Yeah, it is my understanding that everything is returning to the Halo 3 non-bloom system. I believe I read somewhere that they are basing themselves off of the Halo 3 design, but come to think of it I may be mistaken. Once I have a little more time I will don additional research and come back if I find something that goes against my statement here.

Bullet spread always operates the same way regardless of title. The question you are more so asking is how much is there, and on what weapons. To answer that one, I would have to look at the data from the weapon tags to tell you that.

Also, the weapons in Halo 2 were not "Hitscan". Hitscan means a weapon shoots a projectile with infinite velocity and range, and simultaniously hits it's target as it leaves the barrel. Halo 2 weapons had projectile speed defined and it varied from weapon to weapon.

Recoil on the other hand is going to be an issue. They stated before that the BR in particular would have a "z axis" recoil similar to the SMG, but from the gameplay I have seen, it is either very small recoil, or they decided not to include it. Overall we really have to wait to play the game, and wait till we modders get a hold of the files and try to crack them open before you will know for sure.

Pretty sure Halo 2 had hit scan weapons.

Correction, none of the weapons were hitscan. As I had previously stated, all the weapons had a defined speed, friction and gravity scale. True hitscan weapons do not need these as they have infinite velocity and are not effected by secondary constraints.

Halo 3 had "bloom" as you call it. every Halo title has had it, only the degree of it at a certain range changes. It is only logical that the closer you are to a target, that the less spread you will see or come into contact with. The true test of how all the newest session of spread will play out, is only by playing it ourselves. Videos can show you many things, but they cannot give you the feeling or actual first person expereince.

Correction, none of the weapons were hitscan. As I had previously stated, all the weapons had a defined speed, friction and gravity scale. True hitscan weapons do not need these as they have infinite velocity and are not effected by secondary constraints.

Halo 3 had "bloom" as you call it. every Halo title has had it, only the degree of it at a certain range changes. It is only logical that the closer you are to a target, that the less spread you will see or come into contact with. The true test of how all the newest session of spread will play out, is only by playing it ourselves. Videos can show you many things, but they cannot give you the feeling or actual first person expereince.

Pssssssh, semantics >.> lmao

And I didn't have any problem with bullet spread in any of the Halo titles except for Reach, because the Bullet Spread in the precision weapons (excluding the Sniper) was more pronounced than I had ever experienced in Halo. Yes, this was to encourage "Pacing your shots" however more often than not in my experience it did the exact opposite. Every time I got into a DMR duel I had to rapid fire four shots into the body and then hope that one of my shots landed on my opponents head before his landed on mine. Every time I tried pacing my shots, I would get to my fourth as my opponent got to their seventh and killed me for example. So it didn't really do much to lessen spamming, it just made it to where you had to get the "lucky shot" in first.

That's why I enjoyed playing TUZB more than the normal variant. Yes, there is still bullet spread in ZB, but it's lessened. With less Bullet Spread, you have to actually aim your shots, even if you are spamming the shots, and I like that.

Pssssssh, semantics >.> lmao

And I didn't have any problem with bullet spread in any of the Halo titles except for Reach, because the Bullet Spread in the precision weapons (excluding the Sniper) was more pronounced than I had ever experienced in Halo. Yes, this was to encourage "Pacing your shots" however more often than not in my experience it did the exact opposite. Every time I got into a DMR duel I had to rapid fire four shots into the body and then hope that one of my shots landed on my opponents head before his landed on mine. Every time I tried pacing my shots, I would get to my fourth as my opponent got to their seventh and killed me for example. So it didn't really do much to lessen spamming, it just made it to where you had to get the "lucky shot" in first.

That's why I enjoyed playing TUZB more than the normal variant. Yes, there is still bullet spread in ZB, but it's lessened. With less Bullet Spread, you have to actually aim your shots, even if you are spamming the shots, and I like that.

I agree, yet disagree.

It didn't lessen spamming altogether, but when I play I pace my shots and usually kill the noob spamming me. The only time I ever spam is when I am jumped and I don't have an accurate clue of who what where and why.

Correction, none of the weapons were hitscan.

Idk, you're word over theirs, so I mean... lol

http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/268152-hitscan-in-h2/

I believe in Halo 2 the BR normally had non-hitscan properties, such as arching or lagging behind the reticule when moving and shooting, but when you actually aimed at someone and the reticule turned red, the auto aim pretty much dragged all the shots over and turned into hitscan lol

I too can not stand the DMR it is a garbage weapon...I am sure it will be better in Halo4, but I will stick with the Covie Carbine and LR...oh and the BR for its nostalgia.

But as far as the spread goes, in the vids I posted, you can see the spread of the BR and DMR...in one of them in particular the player even shows the spread while shooting a building

• 4 weeks later...