Promethean Vision, over powered or fair?

Echo

wrong forum buddy it's weapons and vehicles not Armor Abilities.

There's not an armor ability forum. I assumed an armor ability used in combat would count as a weapon more than anything else.

I think it is totally fair. Then, you can turn it on and see where the campers are. And it also may help like finding snipers. To me it is totally a legit ability.

I mean yea, it's good to avoid campers, but you can pretty much scan the whole map. It makes sneaking up on them almost impossible.

I think it's fair because:

• It only lasts 3 seconds, obviously takes time to recharge
  • It makes you focus on one objective, meaning one enemy. If there is another one coming behind you, all your focus is on the enemy you identified in front of you, leaving your priorities uneven.
  • Numerous ways to counter it

It's theoretically just an advanced radar; while definitely beneficial, there are other abilities that are just as useful.

• Like 3

I feel like it's fair enough. Like Humpstyles stated it only lasts for 3 seconds and has to recharge, and there are ways to counter it. It's unknown at the moment whether one of these methods would be the Hologram or not, but it's safe to assume it is. It also doesn't make you invincible. Keep in mind that when you use Promethean Vision, a majority of what you're seeing will be in a linear fashion. Granted, you would be able to turn and see an enemy to the side of you whilst using Promethean Vision, but once again, you only have 3 seconds and in that time most of your attention will be focused on your initial target. So, if someone comes out beside you while you're using Promethean Vision, you're through.

Promethean Vision is equal then or less than Radars for Noobs, it goes about the same distance, and the radar can tell below on level or above, So im not really scared about it, i go cross eyed when i play halo, no one has ever assassinated me in reach its call a radar thats how!!!!!

now i would be scared if you where hiding which isn't that bad cause it helps flush out power weapon campers, so yeah pretty balanced

I feel like it's fair enough. Like Humpstyles stated it only lasts for 3 seconds and has to recharge, and there are ways to counter it. It's unknown at the moment whether one of these methods would be the Hologram or not, but it's safe to assume it is. It also doesn't make you invincible. Keep in mind that when you use Promethean Vision, a majority of what you're seeing will be in a linear fashion. Granted, you would be able to turn and see an enemy to the side of you whilst using Promethean Vision, but once again, you only have 3 seconds and in that time most of your attention will be focused on your initial target. So, if someone comes out beside you while you're using Promethean Vision, you're through.

hey you don't need an armor ability to counter it you just need to look for the guy with the red light coming out of his face, then help him remove the red light by pushing your fist inbetween his eyes and ripping out his spinal cord! FATALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I think it's fair because:

• It only lasts 3 seconds, obviously takes time to recharge
  • It makes you focus on one objective, meaning one enemy. If there is another one coming behind you, all your focus is on the enemy you identified in front of you, leaving your priorities uneven.
  • Numerous ways to counter it

It's theoretically just an advanced radar; while definitely beneficial, there are other abilities that are just as useful.

Perfectly explained. I am in total agreement with Humpstyles, I think for the reasons he's justified, it is a completely legitement ability.

• Like 1