Halo 4 and Halo 5 on Xbox 360....Halo 6 on next console perhaps?

Tallgeese

Halo 4 launches Nov. 6th 2012 as just about everybody knows by now, Frank O'Connor said Halo 5 is expected to launch in 2014 or so. Well seeing as the next Xbox hasn't even been unveild, and wont be until maybe E3 2013, Halo 5 will most likely ideed be released on the Xbox 360. Now my point is, we all know a new Xbox is coming, but it will be a couple years at the soonest. The Xbox 360 Slim is still doing well, and clearly Halo 4 and perhaps Halo 5 are able to push its boundaries. Most likely however, Micro$oft will launch the new Xbox with the final installent of this Halo trilogy. Once people have played Halo 4 and 5, they will most likely want to finish the trilogy. If Halo 6 is made for the new Xbox, than that will push for players to purchase the new Xbox in order to finish the fight. This is all just speculation, but I have a feeling M$ who loves money will go with this route.

I remember seeing that somewhere also. Plus, hadn't G4, IGN, etc predicted the "720" to be released in a couple years? That puts H5 on the 720.

See even if they show the new Xbox at this next E3 2013, it would not come out until the earliest, Holiday 2014. And Frank O'Connor siad they are shooting for Halo 5 to come out Holiday 2014 as well so it could either come out right before on the Xbox 360, or right when the new console is released.

Honestly it doesnt bother me, either way, i will buy the new console just for Halo lol. I was just figuring they would launch the new console with a bang with the end to the new Halo trilogy, Halo 6.

See even if they show the new Xbox at this next E3 2013, it would not come out until the earliest, Holiday 2014. And Frank O'Connor siad they are shooting for Halo 5 to come out Holiday 2014 as well so it could either come out right before on the Xbox 360, or right when the new console is released.

Honestly it doesnt bother me, either way, i will buy the new console just for Halo lol. I was just figuring they would launch the new console with a bang with the end to the new Halo trilogy, Halo 6.

I hope it's at least a year later when it comes out. if the trilogy is supposed to last ten years how is having two in four years going to help?
  • Like 2

Or it could be released WITH the 720. Just like CE.

Well they could do what sony did in some of their trilogies. They would put out the first on PS2 and the the second one on both systems and then the Third solely on the PS3. This way if they have fans that don't want to upgrade to the new system right when it comes out they don't have to but eventually they will want to because they've starting making their favorite trilogy on the next system.

Guys, I think there is a very strong possibility halo 5 will be on the x720, reason is, the team at 343i stated numberous times that "Halo 4 will put the x360 to it's graphical limits", and every time a new halo game comes out, the graphics improve (excluding ODST). That means 343i will need more firepower for halo 5 to run smoothly, so it would make sense to make it on the x720.

Oh yes guys, the x720 will use AMD chips, but microsoft stated something went wrong with the chips and they need to find a new company to get their CPU's from, that means, unless microsoft will start mass production, either the x720 will be in stores fall 2014, or the price will skyrocket.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Halo 4 launches Nov. 6th 2012 as just about everybody knows by now, Frank O'Connor said Halo 5 is expected to launch in 2014 or so. Well seeing as the next Xbox hasn't even been unveild, and wont be until maybe E3 2013, Halo 5 will most likely ideed be released on the Xbox 360. Now my point is, we all know a new Xbox is coming, but it will be a couple years at the soonest. The Xbox 360 Slim is still doing well, and clearly Halo 4 and perhaps Halo 5 are able to push its boundaries. Most likely however, Micro$oft will launch the new Xbox with the final installent of this Halo trilogy. Once people have played Halo 4 and 5, they will most likely want to finish the trilogy. If Halo 6 is made for the new Xbox, than that will push for players to purchase the new Xbox in order to finish the fight. This is all just speculation, but I have a feeling M$ who loves money will go with this route.

Actually, I still think Halo 5 will be on next gen consoles. Halo games are at least 2 years apart (usually). The new xbox is expected to come out at the end of next year, meaning they'd have another year after the release of the new xbox to put a new Halo out

They might make another spin off like ODST or Halo Wars or something to tie us over next year, but have a little more faith in them making it on next gen.

Guess it depends when Microsoft are able to go gold on the next Xbox being manufactured. I've heard that the processor for the new Xbox will apparently use is low in supply at the moment, so it could set the console back.

But I think they should wait for the new console for Halo 5. If the 720 comes out end of next year, make Halo 4 playable on the new console, then there won't be any loss audience wise.

Then they could do a Halo themed 720 for Halo 6, let the Reclaimer trilogy go out with a bang!

• 2 months later...